Ms. Qu Shumei and her family

Practitioner Ms. Qu Shumei is 44 years old and lives in the Shahekou area of Dalian City. She has been "illegally detained" and had her property confiscated many times for practicing Falun Gong. She is being persecuted in the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp.

On May 2000, because she posted truth clarifying materials in public, she was detained in a labor camp for three years. In the Dalian Re-education Center, she suffered from all kinds of grave tortures and her life was in danger. On May 1 she was released on bail for medical treatment.

In July 2002, she was illegally arrested by a group of police and sent directly to the Dalian Re-education Center where she was tortured in solitary confinement with the "Big Hang Up." Being confined in "solitary" means that the victim is put into a small one-person cell that contains a basin and a pair of handcuffs. One wrist is handcuffed to the door railing. The handcuffs can be fastened to the door railing at three different heights. In the highest position, the detainee has to extend his/her arm upward. The middle position is at waist level. In the lowest position, the detainee can sit on the ground. The " Big Hang Up" can be done in two ways: (1) Handcuffed behind the back and with only toes touching the ground, the victim is hung by a rope from a metal window frame or (2) One hand is cuffed to one bunk bed and the other hand to another bed. The two beds are pulled in opposite directions. It is extremely painful as the body is pulled apart. Ms. Qu was tortured for three whole days and nights. Blow her waist and on her torso she was covered in bruises from being beaten. She was unable to walk for many days.

In April 2004, once again she was arrested in her house, and sentenced to two and a half years of forced labor. In the Dalian Re-education Center she was confined in a solitary compartment for 22 days, and she was tied to a bed composed of three pieces of wood called a Death Bed, where the four limbs of the practitioner are stretched out and tied to the four corners of an icy-cold metal bed. The practitioner cannot move at all. Neither is he allowed to get up, eat, drink, or go to the bathroom. This treatment lasts from several hours up to more than a dozen days. This type of cruel torture causes severe damage to the practitioner both mentally and physically. On October 2004, they moved Ms. Qu to the Masanjia Women's Forced Labor Camp 2nd Division to continue the persecution. Because she refused to cooperate, on April 2005, she was moved to the Women's 1st Division. She was closely watched by criminals as her personal cangues. At the end of that year, when her relatives went to visit her, they saw that her whole body was covered in bruises from being beaten. The Chinese Communist Party authorities had confiscated possessions from her house many times, taking money, assets, and materials worth more than 100,000 yuan.

Her husband, Zhu Changbin, has also been arrested many times. In 2004 he was sentenced to 12 years in prison. He is now in Dabei Jail. At home their only child, a teenager, is left with a grandmother. Mr. Zhu's father has been worrying and missing his son for years, causing his health to become very critical. His life is in danger and he hopes to see his son soon.

The persecution of practitioners Ms. Wang Guixiang and her husband from Wafangdian

Because they insisted on upholding their belief, practitioners Wang Guixiang and her husband, Li Wanjiang, were persecuted many times. Ms. Wang was sent to a labor camp, and Mr. Li became homeless.

Ms. Wang Guixiang, 50 years old, lives in Paoya County, Wafangdian, Dalian City. Before they started to practice Falun Dafa, this couple was very sick. After they both practiced, their sicknesses all disappeared. The nearby village people all witnessed these miracles, and many of them started to practice Falun Dafa.

Even after the Chinese Communist Party started the bloody persecution, both of them persisted in practicing Dafa, therefore, both of them have been illegally arrested, had possessions confiscated, and have endured great suffering from serious persecution. The authorities from the county government and the police department intruded into their home to harass and threaten them over and over again. Also, the CCP arrested them many times. On April 2005, the police once again arrested Ms. Wang from home and sentenced her to two years in of forced labor. Now she is suffering from persecution in the Masanjia Re-education Center, Women's 2nd Division. Her husband was forced to become homeless. His parents are both close to 80 years old. Out of concern but with difficulty they are watching their son's home, even though the police still come to harass them and question them closely about Mr. Li's whereabouts.

The people who keep practitioners under surveillance and report on them:

Xing Shouhua: 86-411-85245537(Home)

Paoya County police department: 86-411-85240031