Councilors in Keelung City, Taiwan Call for an End of the CCP's Organ Harvest from Living Falun Gong Practitioners
(Clearwisdom.net) On April 24, 2006, the first day of the current Keelung City Council session, many councilors learned of the organ harvest from living Falun Gong practitioners by agents of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). They all condemned this anti-human behavior.
Several councilors co-proposed a resolution to the council, calling for international human right organizations to go to Mainland China to investigate the CCP's organ harvest from living people.
Councilors You Xiangyao, Zhang Jinhuang and Shi Shiming pointed out that the CCP is violating human rights and freedom by harvesting organs from living people without the victims' consent. They also condemned the medical organizations and agents' immoral behavior of killing people for huge profits.
Councilor Han Liangqi also pointed out that human organs should not be considered in terms of monetary value and sold. He called for the people around the world to not exhibit such selfish behavior.
Councilor Cai Shiying pointed out that calling for and appealing for justice is not enough. Certain related organizations should also pay attention to this issue. He asked medical organizations to have some self-constraint, and asked to them to make legal regulations to stop such things from happening.
Councilors You Xiangyao, Zhang Jinhuang, Han Liangqi, Zhan Chunyang, Lan Minhuang, Chen Dongcai, Lu Meiling, Zhang Fangli, Song Weili, Zhuang Jintian, Zheng Yixin and Cai Shiying jointly proposed the resolution to the council.
The content of the proposal is as follows:
Condemn the CCP's immoral behavior of harvesting and selling organs from living people; call for international human right organizations to go to Mainland China to investigate this issue; publicize the truth to uphold basic human rights and stop the CCP's improper actions.
We ask the city government (Department of Health) to issue certain documents to direct and help the medical organizations in the city to make related ethics rules about the business of organ transplants with Mainland China, to avoid the medical communities getting unwittingly involved in evil human rights violation.
We ask the city government to start various official and unofficial publicity channels as soon as possible, to widely inform the public about the illegal live organ harvesting involved with organ transplants in Mainland China and safety issues, to protect the public medical quality and life safety.
Attached: The Resolution of the Keelung City Council
Reason: Regarding the anti-human and immoral acts of harvesting organs from living Falun Gong practitioners and cremating their murdered bodies to destroy evidence in concentration camps and forced labor camps throughout China, which terribly harms human's safety, rights and freedom that also violate international human right covenants, the councilors from the Keelung City Council strongly condemn this and require the council to pass this resolution:
1. Calling for United Nation, international human rights organizations and WHO to send investigators to Mainland China to investigate this issue and publicize the truth to uphold basic human rights and stop the above-mentioned CCP's improper acts.
2. Asking the city government (Department of Health) to issue certain documents, to direct and help the medical organizations in the city to make related ethics rules about the business of organ transplants with Mainland China, to avoid the medical communities getting unwittingly involved in evil human right violations.
3. Asking the city government to start various official and unofficial publicity channels as soon as possible, to widely inform the public about the illegal live organ harvesting involved with organ transplants in Mainland China and safety issues, to protect the public's medical quality and life safety.
Please discuss if the resolution is proper.
1. Since March 2006, several witnesses have publicly verified that the CCP has many secret concentration camps in different locations. Thousands of Falun Gong practitioners have been jailed there. CCP agents harvest organs from living Falun Gong practitioners and cremate their murdered bodies with secretly built crematoria to destroy the evidence. Meanwhile, there is much direct and indirect evidence, including the CCP's own media, which have reported that there are sufficient sources for organ transplants in Shenyang area, and patients' waiting time is very short. (Please see the attachment: The evidence of the CCP harvesting organs from live people in the secret concentration camps). The evidence shows the high probability of the concentration camps' existence to murder and harvest organs for profit.
2. Within three weeks after the revelation of this incident by the international media, the CCP didn't give any clear explanations; instead, the CCP regime hastily published the "Interim Regulation for Human Organ Transplant Practice." This regulation, however, will not take effect until July 1, 2006; thus we suspect the regime was allowing time to destroy all evidence of their crimes and massacre people detained in the concentration camps. (Please see the attachment: "Urgent Announcement: CCP's Massacre is Coming")
3. According to unofficial statistics, more than 3,000 patients from Korea have gone to China for organ transplants in recent years. Many people from all over the world are also going to China for organ transplant surgeries. The Department of Health in China claimed that all the organs are from executed criminals, but only about 1,000 cases have been filed. We urge the governments from all countries and officials from the Taiwan government to administer their laws, not to rashly open channels for people to go to China for organ transplant surgeries before transparent policies of managing organ transplants in China will be made, so that patients can avoid their body to be infected or to even indirectly become accomplices in the organ business and the inhuman act of harvesting organs from living people.
4. Publishing the temporary resolution, expressing the councilors' common standing point, and urging the administrative units to make and carry out policies that fit public requirements, the era's tendencies and justice is the convention for all the councils in the world. We feel deeply that the issue of Falun Gong practitioners' human rights, freedom and the medical human rights in neighbor regions is extremely urgent. To improve the city council's contributions and involvement in international human right issues and public affairs, and also to protect human rights, ethics, citizens' medical quality, the quality of organ transplant surgeries in every county, we therefore propose this temporary resolution and request a public forum.
Category: Organ Harvesting