Additional Persecution News from China - May 4, 2006 (19 Reports)
- [Langfang City, Shandong Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Yang Jianpo Secretly Transferred
- [Deyang City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Wu Shihai's Life is Endangered Due to Torture in the Deyang City Prison
- [Zhuzhou City, Hunan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Yu Yingzhu is Being Tortured, the Situation is Very Urgent
- [Liaoning Province] Benxi Forced Labor Camp Authorities Torture Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Yangtai City, Shandong Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Liu Guoai Illegally Detained in the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp
- [Qianxi County, Henan Province] Brief Information about Several Persecuted Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Yushu City, Jilin Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Fan Xiufang and Others Illegally Arrested, Family Members Extorted for Fines
- [Liaoning Province] Practitioner Ms. Jiang Chunxia Has Been Tortured in the Masanjia Prison of Shenyang City, Has Been on a Hunger Strike for Over Twenty Days
- [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Zhu Aizhen and Four Other Practitioners Arrested by Lianhu District Police
- [Zichuan, Shandong Province] Six Falun Dafa Practitioners Illegally Arrested
- [Tianjin City] Five Falun Dafa Practitioners Detained by Policemen from Jinghai County
- [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] The Hehuakeng Forced Labor Camp Transferred Twenty-three Detained Practitioners
- [Cangzhou City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Mr. Wang Jiasheng on a Hunger Strike for Over One Month
- [Tanghai City, Hebei Province] Supplementary Information on the Arrest of Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Zheng Xiufang
- [Jin City, Hunan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Xiang Yang Arrested
- [Li County, Hunan Province] Practitioner Ms. Xiong Ruinian Forced to Leave Home to Avoid Being Arrested
- [Jiangsu Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Li Jinan Currently Held in Nanjing City Women's Prison
- [Bazhong City, Sichuan Province] Practitioner Mr. Zhang Minglang and His Wife Arrested
- [Jinning County, Yunnan Province] Information on Practitioners Who Are Being Persecuted
1. [Langfang City, Shandong Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Yang Jianpo Secretly Transferred
After practitioner Ms. Cao Baoyu was persecuted to death on April 27, 2006, the 610 Office from Guangyang District of Langfang City, the Langfang City Government and other institutions secretly transferred practitioner Mr. Yang Jianpo. According to those who know the facts, Mr. Yang has been secretly transferred to the Langfang City Detention Center.
The phone numbers of those who are directly responsible for the persecution:
The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Secretary of the Guangyang District Government, Liu (surname, in charge of the persecution): 86-13503162571 (Cell)
The phone number of Zhang Shaoxia, the wife of Zhao Jiapu, who is the director of the Guangyang District 610 Office: 86-316-6826266
The On-duty Office of the Langfang City Detention Center: 86-316-2333043
The general switchboard of the Langfang City Police Department: 86-316-2333333, 86-316-2333102 (Office)
The Guangyang District State Security Division: 86-316-2333886
The Langfang City 610 Office: 86-316-2015211 ext.6162
2. [Deyang City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Wu Shihai's Life is Endangered Due to Torture in the Deyang City Prison
Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wu Shihai's life is endangered due to torture in the Dayang City Prison. In the middle of April of this year, the prison guards reported that Wu Shihai could no longer take care of himself.
3. [Zhuzhou City, Hunan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Yu Yingzhu is Being Tortured, the Situation is Very Urgent
Practitioner Ms. Yu Yingzhu from Zhuzhou City has been illegally detained twice. She is currently being held in the Baimalong Women's Forced Labor Camp. The guards in the forced labor camp have used all types of brutal torture methods on her. Reportedly, Ms. Yu was tortured even more severely this April and her current situation is very urgent.
4.ï¼»Liaoning Province] Benxi Forced Labor Camp Authorities Torture Falun Dafa Practitioners
According to reliable sources, steadfast Falun Dafa practitioners from every forced labor camp in Liaoning Province, altogether about fifty practitioners, have recently been transferred to the Benxi City Forced Labor Camp (also known as the Law Regulation Center) and are being subjected to forced brainwashing. One practitioner from Dandongfengcheng City has been on a hunger strike for over twenty days and was severely tortured until his/her life was greatly endangered.
Reportedly, on April 8, the Tieling City Forced Labor Camp secretly transferred sixteen out of nineteen practitioners held there to the Weining Forced Labor Camp of Benxi City. At the same time, practitioners from Dandong City, Jinzhou City and Pangjin City were reportedly also transferred to the Weining Forced Labor Camp of Benxi City, and are now gathered together for so-called "study."
The phone number for the Benxi City Law Regulation Center: 86-414-4618971
The phone number for the gate guards of the forced labor camp: 86-414-4618990
5.ï¼»Yangtai City, Shandong Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Liu Guoai Illegally Detained in the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp
In mid-October 2005, practitioner Mr. Liu Guoai from Yangtai City was arrested while he was clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa at a supermarket. He was then taken away and held in the Zhifu District Detention Center, where he was tortured. On December 8, 2005, Mr. Liu was transferred to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp of Zibo City and has been held there since that time. When his family members went there to ask for the release of Mr. Liu, the guards interrogated them and asked them whether they also practice Falun Dafa, claiming that if they did, then they would not be allowed to visit, but if they did not, then they would be allowed to visit. They were also forced to say words that defame Falun Dafa.
6. [Qianxi County, Henan Province] Brief Information about Several Persecuted Falun Dafa Practitioners
Below is a partial list of Falun Dafa practitioners who are being persecuted by the Qianxi County Police in Hebei Province:
Ms. Fu Jinling, from Wu Village, Xingcheng Town of Qianxi County
Ms. Quan Shumin, who lived in the residential buildings of the Tunnel Management Office of Qianxi County
Mr. Wei Chunqi, from Saheqiao Town of Qianxi County
Mr. Meng Fandong, from Wu Village, Xingcheng Town of Qianxi County
Ms. Wu Zhifang, from Wu Village, Xingcheng Town of Qianxi County
Ms. Wu Liping, from Xingcheng Town of Qianxi County
Ms. Zhang Shuling, from Wu Village, Xingcheng Town of Qianxi County
The main torture methods applied include: electric batons, long-term handcuffing, brutal force-feeding, and beating. Fines of between two thousand and eleven thousand yuan were also extorted.
The police officers in charge of persecution: the chief of the State Security Division, Zhu Zhengang (male); the former director of the detention center, Liu Chun (male) and police officer Xu Zhigang (male)
7. [Yushu City, Jilin Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Fan Xiufang and Others Illegally Arrested, Family Members Extorted for Fines
On March 23, 2006, practitioner Ms. Fan Xiufang from Yushu City was reported to the police while she was clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa; she was subsequently arrested. She was first illegally detained in one detention center and later held in a second detention center. The following day, police officer Zhang Deqing (male) from the State Security Division led police officers to ransack Ms. Fan's home. Without Ms. Fan's knowledge, her family members were extorted for over ten thousand yuan. This figure includes the three thousand yuan extorted by the State Security Division. After eight days of detention, Ms. Fan was released.
Between April 5 and April 7, 2006, the Yushu City State Security Division colluded with the police stations of Xiangyang Town, Helinzi Town and Fu'an Town to arrest four Falun Dafa practitioners: Ms. Zhao Shuxian, Ms. Cong Yuhua, Ms. Xiao Shuyan and Ms. Wang Ru'an. They were illegally held in the Yushu City Detention Center. Two practitioners went on hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. The director of the State Security Division, Zhang Deqing (male), tried to extort fines from the family members of Ms. Cong Yuhua and Ms. Xiao Shuyan, claiming that each needed to pay a fine of five thousand yuan to avoid being sent to the forced labor camp. Because their family members could not afford to pay the fine, each practitioner was illegally sentenced to one year of forced labor. Ms. Zhao Shuxian was illegally sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor. She is currently held in the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp of Changchun City. Ms. Wang Ru'an was extorted for five thousand yuan and was released. Another practitioner from Helinzi District is in his seventies. Zhang Deqing led a group of police officers to illegally ransack his home while he was not there. They found Falun Dafa materials and threatened the family members that they would arrest this practitioner. The family members gave them three thousand yuan out of fear before the police officers left.
All extorted fees mentioned above were taken without giving the family members receipts.
8. [Liaoning Province] Practitioner Ms. Jiang Chunxia Has Been Tortured in the Masanjia Prison of Shenyang City, Has Been on a Hunger Strike for Over Twenty Days
Currently there are about three hundred Falun Dafa practitioners illegally held in the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. In the No. 1 and No. 2 groups, there are about one hundred practitioners. Every morning at 5:30 a.m., practitioners are forced to start working. They finish working at 9:00 p.m. Practitioners are being treated like slaves. Quite often, practitioners have been subjected to "Locking up in a Small Cell" (1).
Recently, the No. 1 Women's Division of Masanjia Prison has intensified the persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners. On April 16, when family members went to visit practitioners, they found out that practitioner Ms. Jiang Chunxia was thrown onto the cement floor for one night with all her clothes stripped off. The following day, she was subjected to brutal beating until her lumbar vertebrae were severely injured and she lost the ability to walk. At present, Ms. Jiang Chunxia refuses to the wear prison uniform and is on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. She has been on the hunger strike for over twenty days and has become very thin.
9. [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Zhu Aizhen and Four Other Practitioners Arrested by Lianhu District Police
Recently, practitioner Ms. Zhu Aizhen was being monitored. This monitoring was arranged by Wang Haiying (female), the secretary of the local CCP Residential Committee. On the afternoon of April 25, 2006, four practitioners went to visit Ms. Zhu Aizhen and were noticed by the individual who was monitoring. At about 2:00 p.m., Wang Haiying led some people to knock on the door of Ms. Zhu's home. Ms. Zhu did not open the door. Between 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., several police officers from the Lianhu Police Department broke into Ms. Zhu's home to illegally ransack it. They also forcibly took Ms. Zhu and the four other practitioners away. Later, when the family members went to ask for the release of these practitioners, the police claimed that they did not know where the practitioners were being held.
The phone number for the police who arrested Ms. Zhu Aizhen: 86-13891863000 (Cell)
10. [Zichuan, Shandong Province] Six Falun Dafa Practitioners Illegally Arrested
On the evening of April 25, 2006, six practitioners from Jingtong (Xijing) Village, Heiwang Town, Zichuan District of Zibo City were illegally arrested and taken away. One of them is the village doctor, in his forties.
11. [Tianjin City] Five Falun Dafa Practitioners Illegally Held by Police from Jinghai County
The Jinghai County State Security Division of Tianjin City illegally arrested five Falun Dafa practitioners who were distributing truth-clarification materials on March 7, 2006. These practitioners are: Mr. Wei Tongyun, Mr. Ren Dongsheng, Mr. Xu, Mr. Cheng Dianrong and Mr. Cui. These practitioners were reported by someone from Caigongzhuang Sidengkou Village. Three of the practitioners were immediately arrested. The two practitioners who managed to get away were later also arrested. They are currently illegally held at the Jinghai Detention Center.
There is an eighty-year-old elderly mother at Mr. Wei Tongyun's home. There is a mentally disabled son at Mr. Cheng Dianrong's home, and their living conditions are very difficult. Mr. Ren Dongsheng's family members have been frequently going to the State Security Division to ask for the release of Mr. Ren. Because of this, the police have put pressure on his family members' workplaces, causing them to be dismissed from work.
Reportedly, two practitioners have been on a hunger strike for several days. These five practitioners have now been held for over one month. Their family members have been blocked from visiting them.
The director of the Caigongzhuang Police Station, Jinghai County: 86-13820296863 (Cell)
Police officer surnamed Cao: 86-1315202958 (Cell), 86-22-68565614, 86-22-28942539
12. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] The Hehuakeng Forced Labor Camp Transferred Twenty-three Detained Practitioners
On November 2, 2005, twenty-three detained Falun Dafa practitioners were transferred from the Hehuakeng Forced Labor Camp of Tangshan City. Twelve of them were transferred to the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp. Eleven of them were transferred to the Handan City Forced Labor Camp (known to the public as Rujiao Division). The practitioners were gathered together for the purpose of intensified persecution. Those practitioners who are steadfast and refuse to be "transformed" were not allowed to communicate with their family members. Neither phone calls nor mail communication were allowed, let alone visitation. Even when the family members were calling the forced labor camp, the forced labor camp refused to receive the calls.
13. [Cangzhou City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Mr. Wang Jiasheng on a Hunger Strike for Over One Month
Practitioner Mr. Wang Jiasheng from Cangzhou City has been on a hunger strike for over one month. The police still refused to release him, but instead arrested him again, and also sent the pre-trial warrant to his family members.
The workplaces and people in charge of the persecution:
Deputy director of the Cangzhou City Police Department, Dai Wenfu (male): 86-13603333699 (Cell)
Chief of the State Security Division of Cangzhou City Police Department, Che Li (male): 86-13582679110 (Cell), 86-317-2023125 (Home)
Deputy director of the Canal Subdivision of the Cangzhou City Police Department, Tang Zhongshan (male): 86-13803251919 (Cell), 86-317-3588866
Chief of the State Security Division of the Canal Subdivision of the Cangzhou City Police Department, Liu Kanhua (male): 86-13930711999 (Cell), 86-317-2089265
Chief of the State Security Division of the Xinhua Subdivision of the Cangzhou City Police Department, Zhang Guofu (male, in charge of persecuting practitioner Ms. Liu Tonghai): 86-13930799500 (Cell)
14. [Tanghai City, Hebei Province] Supplementary Information on the Arrest of Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Zheng Xiufang
According to investigation, at 11:00 a.m. on April 24, the Tanghai County Police Department Political Security Section Chief Li Taizhong (male), Deputy Director Sun Jingsen (male), Deputy Director Zhang (surname), police officer Zhao Tian (male) from the Tanghai Town Police Station and others, altogether over ten people, illegally broke into the home of Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Zheng Xiufang. They arrested Ms. Zheng, and also confiscated copy machines, computers, printers and many other items. They lied and told the public that they were helping Ms. Zheng to move. Ms. Zheng was later held in the Tanghai Detention Center. Currently, she has been transferred to the local brainwashing center.
Relevant phone numbers:
Sun Jingsen (male), Deputy Director: 86-315-8717607 (Office), 86-315-8711027 (Home); 86-13832986246 (Cell)
Zhao Lixin (male), Director of the 610 Office: 86-315-8715110 (Office); 86-13503154778 (Cell)
Hu Yuhua (female), Principal of the Transformation School: 86-315-8711006 (Home), 86-315-8981610 (Xiaolingtong)
Zhang Wanhe (male), Director of the Police Department: 86-315-8711758 (Office); 86-315-2871668 (Home); 86-13832981558 (Cell)
15. [Jin City, Hunan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Xiang Yang Arrested
Practitioner Mr. Xiang Yang is in his fifties. He was arrested at 3:00 p.m. on April 26 and was taken to the Changde City Brainwashing Center.
16. [Li County, Hunan Province] Practitioner Ms. Xiong Ruinian Forced to Leave Home to Avoid Being Arrested
Ms. Xiong Ruinian is a Falun Dafa practitioner from Li County. Prior to May 1, seven police officers broke into her home and attempted to take her to the brainwashing center. Ms. Xiong Ruinian used her wisdom to escape. During this period of time, the police frequently went to her home to threaten her husband so as to make him turn her in.
17. [Jiangsu Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Li Jinan Currently Held in Nanjing City Women's Prison
Practitioner Ms. Li Jinan is currently being held in the Sixth Division of the Nanjing City Women's Prison. She should be released on May 9, 2006.
Ms. Li Jinan is from Changchun City. She was transferred to work for the Kunhe City Government. She has one younger sister who lives in Shanghai.
Chief of the Prison Division, Yie Ning
Deputy Chiefs, Qiu Tong and Gong Xianghong
Guard in charge of brainwashing, Meng Tianshu
Warden, Mao Jun
Political Commissar, Commissar Wu (male, first name unknown)
18. [Bazhong City, Sichuan Province]Â Practitioner Mr. Zhang Minglang and His Wife Arrested
Practitioner Mr. Zhang Minglang (in his seventies) and his wife, also a practitioner, with the last name Li, from Bazhou District, Bazhong City in Sichuan Province, were arrested on April 28, by police from the Bazhou District of Bazhong City.
Prior to this, spies from the Bazhou District Police Department used all kinds of despicable means to illegally monitor and follow practitioner Mr. Zhang for three months. Mr. Zhang worked in the Procuratorate prior to his retirement. He has been repeatedly illegally held since the persecution began on July 20, 1999.
Workplaces and people in charge of persecution:
Director of the Bazhou District Police Department, Wang Xiaoming (male): 86-827-5266138, 86-13608240618 (Cell); 86-827-2880618 (Xiaolingtong)
State Security Division: 86-827-5226872
Chief of the State Security Division, Yu Ming (male): 86-827-5220656, 86-13908291482 (Cell); 86-827-2881482 (Xiaolingtong)
19.ï¼»Jinning County, Yunnan Provinceï¼½Information on Practitioners Who Are Being Persecuted
1) Ms. Li Huiping, a worker at the Phosphorus Mine of Kunyang Town, was illegally sentenced to forced labor for two years in 2000 and was held in the Dabanqiao Women's Forced Labor Camp of Kunming City. She was arrested on September 17, 2002, at her workplace and sentenced to four years of imprisonment. Her husband passed away at a young age because of illness and she has a mentally retarded son, who is now left alone at home with no one to take care of him.
2) Ms. Li Wenying was a worker at the Phosphorus Mine of Kunyang Town. In 2003, when she was distributing truth-clarification materials at the Qunyang Town Square of Jining County, she was illegally arrested and sentenced to three years of imprisonment. She was then held in the No. 2 Prison of Kunming City. Ms. Li was illegally sentenced to two years of forced labor in 2000 and was held in the Dabanqiao Women's Forced Labor Camp of Kunming City.
3) Ms. Xie Mei was a worker in the Phosphorus Mine. Detailed persecution information about her is not known.
4) Ms. Zhang Huifen, a peasant from Tianxin Village of Kunyang Town, was arrested in May 2003, while she was erasing slogans that had been written on a wall to defame Falun Dafa. She was illegally sentenced to four years of imprisonment. The location where Ms. Zhang has been held is unknown.
5) Mr. Liu Yiqing was a dismissed worker from the Car Wheel Factory of Kunyang Town. He was arrested on July 24, 2003, while he was distributing truth-clarification materials in Erjie Township of Jinning County. He was illegally sentenced to three years of imprisonment and held in the Jinmasi Prison of Kunming City.
6) Mr. Li Wenbo, a peasant from Gucheng Village, Gucheng Town of Jinning County, was arrested on February 2, 2005 and was illegally sentenced to three years of forced labor. He is currently held in the Dapingba Forced Labor Camp.
7) Ms. Zhang Guifang disappeared in late December 2005 when she was distributing the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party. After the New Year of 2006, she reportedly passed away (the cause of death is unknown).
(1) The detainee is locked up in a very small cell individually. The guards handcuff practitioners on their back in a fixed position, in which the practitioners can neither move nor lie down. The small cell is very damp and no sunshine comes in. Detainees have to urinate and defecate in the cell. Only half of a regular meal is served to detainees locked up in a small cell. During the night, rats scurry about the cell. The stench in the small cell is so bad that it is difficult to breathe.