(Clearwisdom.net) My name is Liu Shufen and I am 33 years old. Due to my practicing Faun Gong, the authorities arrested me on May 11, 2002 and illegally sentenced me to 11 years in prison. I am serving my time at Ward No. 1 of Heilongjiang Province Women's Prison. The prison uses criminals to torture Dafa practitioners. Police guards allow and encourage the criminals' evil acts and use them to verbally and physically abuse practitioners. Our life and health are not insured, and we face constant mental pressure.

On December 2, 2002, I was sent to the "training squad". Because I refused to put on the prison uniform, my legs and feet were tied up with rope. My hands were handcuffed behind my back. I was forced to sit on the concrete floor from 4 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. every day for eight days. During that time, the police came several times to exert pressure on me. They struck my face with a book. The rest of the time, criminals guarded me. On December 19, I was transferred into a dark small cell with three meals of corn soup daily, handcuffed, and legs bound tightly with string.

On February 3, 2003, I was locked in Ward No. 1. In 2003, I was frequently handcuffed because I persisted in practicing Faun Gong.

On March 8, 2004, I was locked in a small cell with handcuffs on my hands and legs for 24 hours straight. Criminals in the same cell could abuse Dafa practitioners at any time. They did not allow me to wash my hair or take a shower. On April 11, I was released from the small cell and sent back to the regular room. On May 3, criminal Hou Liping, led by guards Zhou Ying and Liu Yan, hung me up until I was forced to agree to sign a letter. When they put me down, my limbs had gone numb, and I was carried back to the room.

On December 1, 2004, I refused to accept physical abuse. As a result, on December 5, I was carried to the first floor of the building behind the one that I used to stay in. Several criminals tortured me as directed by the police. They handcuffed my hands behind my back to a bed frame, and then moved the bed. I suffered such great pain that I nearly fainted. I tried to report their evil acts, so they beat me again.

On March 15, 2005, I refused to cooperate with the guards and was locked in a small cell. On June 6, 2005, I conducted a hunger strike to protest the extension of my term. On June 9, 2005, the police conducted force-feeding on me. The prison doctor Shang Xiaomei inserted a stomach tube into me and had a major part of the tube inside the stomach, which caused me stomachaches and gastrectasia. In the mean time, she also used a metal mouth opener to force open my mouth, which caused injuries to my teeth, upper jaw and tongue. The same tube was used on four to five practitioners in a short period of time. There was no disinfection process, but it was merely rinsed with running water.

On July 29, 2005, I was released from the small cell, but when I persisted in continuing the hunger strike, prison doctor Shang continued conducting force-feeding on me three times a day (milk twice and corn soup once). During my hunger strike, I was isolated by the police and had no contact with others. On December 28, I stopped the hunger strike and began eating.

On January 18, 2006, I refused to cooperate with a police guard, so the police ordered criminals Hou Liping, Jiang Yajing, Zhang Li, Wang Liying, Song Yanbo and Zhang Meizheng to force the prison uniform on me. They tortured me from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. During that time, they kicked me hard when I tried to cross my legs into a lotus position. In the evening, as I refused to participate in the roll call, the criminals covered up my mouth and pulled me away.

Police guards Hou Fengying, Lu Cuijun, and Yu Hongbo encouraged the criminals to abuse us. To protest the persecution, I conducted a hunger strike again. Under the banner of giving me "nutrition", they force-fed me with mashed steamed buns, radish and garlic, which was supposed to "reduce inflammation." The mixture irritated the nose, the esophagus and the stomach, and it made me miserable each time they force-fed me with it. The police did not participate in the force-feeding and directed the criminals to do it. I was only one of the practitioners who were persecuted.

During the illegal detention, I suffered enormous persecution to both mind and body. Basic human rights were not protected. We appeal to all kind people of the world to pay attention to the practitioners who are detained at the Heilongjiang Women's Prison.