Additional Persecution News from China - April 23, 2006 (20 Reports)
- [Heilongjiang Province] Wang Shumin Suffers Mental Collapse Due to Persecution by the Heilongjiang Women's Prison
- [Langfang City, Shandong Province] Dafa Practitioners Yang Jianpo and Cao Baoyu Are Persecuted
- [Hohhot City, Inner Mongolia] Four Practitioners Are Arrested and Illegally Sent to Forced Labor Camps
- [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Meng Fanquan Is Persecuted Again
- [Weihai City, Shandong Province] Liu Xinhua Is Arrested and Her Whereabouts Is Unknown
- [Yuncheng City, Shanxi Province] Salt Lake District Police Are Persecuting Practitioner Ms. Jin Guifang
- [Guangan City, Sichuan Province] Linshui County National Security Office Arrest Practitioner Bao Shuihe
- [Yantai, Shandong Province] Practitioner Mr. Xu Chengben Disappears in the Afternoon of April 21, 2006
- [Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province] Three Practitioners from Luquan City Are Arrested
- [Beijing] Practitioner Liu Minying from Nanwan in Fengtai district Is Arrested
- [Liangshan County, Shandong Province] Practitioner Qin Yuchun Arrested and His Home Ransacked
- [Huangshi City, Hubei Province] Practitioners Chen Songkui, Cai Guixiang and Wang Yuemei Arrested
- [Zhijin County, Guizhou Province] Li Longying and Li Faju Arrested and Jailed
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Two Practitioners from Wuhou District Still Being Illegally Jailed
- [Ningjin County, Hebei Province] Practitioner Lu Xinjie Arrested
- [Laishui City, Hebei Province] Practitioners Zhao Guocun, Liu Zhecun, and Others Arrested
- [Yantai City, Shandong Province] Eight Practitioners from Wuning Town of Moping District Illegally Sentenced to Forced Labor, One Person Heavily Fined
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Wang Qicai Missing for Almost Ten Days
- [Wutong City, Sichuan Province] Police Arrest Practitioners at Home
- [Shandong Province] Persecution of Steadfast Dafa Practitioners in the Second Forced Labor Camp Brainwashing Center
1. [Heilongjiang Province] Wang Shumin Suffers Mental Collapse Due to Persecution by the Heilongjiang Women's Prison
Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang Shumin was sent to the Heilongjiang Women's Prison in 2002. Before that, she was mentally healthy. During the period she was detained, Ms. Wang was injected with an unknown drug. She was released in 2005 after finishing the jail term. Her family found that Ms. Wang had suffered a mental collapse. She cries and laughs at random and her mind is unstable.
2. [Langfang City, Shandong Province] Dafa Practitioners Yang Jianpo and Cao Baoyu Are Persecuted
Due to forced feeding, Dafa practitioner Mr. Cao Baoyu lost bowel control. He was not allowed family visits and was force-fed every day. Dafa practitioner Mr. Yang Jianpo was also force-fed every day. Now both of them have gastro-intestinal bleeding. Their families questioned Director Liu of the Guangyang District government office: "Who is going to take responsibility for the problems caused by your force feeding?" Government officials are shirking their responsibilities by pointing at each other.
Guangyang district director of the 610 Office, Zhao Jiapu: 86-0316-6826266
Langfang Police Department main telephone number: 86-316-2333333, 86-316-2333102
Guangyang district police department: 86-316 -2238110
Langfang city director of 610 Office, 86-316-2015211, extension 6162
Langfang city Prosecuting Department investigation office: 86-316-2234798
Langfang city Prosecuting Department office: 86-316-2152404
Langfang city Police Department office: 86-316-2333102
3. [Hohhot City, Inner Mongolia] Four Practitioners Are Arrested and Illegally Sent to Forced Labor Camps
On April 7, 2006, Dafa practitioners Ms. Li Shengjun, Ms. Li Shujie, Ms. Li Yufen and Ms. Wang Xiaoyan were arrested. Among these four people, some have been secretly transferred to labor camps in Hohhot City.
4. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Meng Fanquan Is Persecuted Again
Mr. Meng Fanquan is a teacher at the Light Technology College of the Hebei University of Technology. He started practicing Falun Gong in December 1994, when he was 45 years old. Meng Fanquan is well recognized as a very good person at his workplace.
The first time he went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong was September 1999. He was illegally detained for nearly four months. He suffered persecution such as being doused with dozens of buckets of cold water, being handcuffed with jail locks, being poorly fed, not being allowed to go to restroom, and being subjected to brainwashing.
The second time Mr. Meng went to Beijing to appeal was October 2000. He was illegally detained again and sentenced to labor camp for one year. He was detained in Hehuakeng Labor Camp in Tangshan. Mr. Meng suffered from persecution including brainwashing and long-term forced sitting on small stools.
Meng Fanquan went to Beijing to appeal a third time in July 2002. His workplace forced him to undergo brainwashing in Tangshan Weaving University. He suffered brainwashing for 18 months.
The fourth time Mr. Meng was arrested was the afternoon of April 18, 2006. He was arrested by the Lubei police station and sent to the Tangshan First Detention Center. Previously, in August 2005, Meng Fanquan was reported to the police for clarifying the truth. His home was illegally ransacked and personal belongings such as computers, which cost 5,000 - 6,000 yuan, were stolen from his home.
5. [Weihai City, Shandong Province] Liu Xinhua Is Arrested and Her Whereabouts Is Unknown
Ms. Liu Xinhua, 52 years old, is from Quandengjia Village in Boyu Town, Weihai City. On April 5, 2006, she was arrested by six or seven people from Weihai Jinqu police station, the Boyu Town police station and Public Security Director Deng Renwu from Quandengjia Village. Liu Xinhua's current whereabouts is unknown.
Boyu Town police station telephone: 86-631-5571044
Quandengjia Village secretary Deng Binxin: 86-631-5577116
Village safety director Deng Renwu: 86-631-5577096
6. [Yuncheng City, Shanxi Province] Salt Lake District Police Are Persecuting Practitioner Ms. Jin Guifang
Ms. Jin Guifang from Yuncheng College was implicated because of the illegal arrest of multiple practitioners in Linyi County of Shanxi Province. On around April 9, 2006, police stations from Taiyuan, Linyi Yuncheng Salt Lake District each sent out two people to ransack Jin Guifang's home. They did not find any Dafa materials.
7. [Guangan City, Sichuan Province] Linshui County National Security Office Arrest Practitioner Bao Shuihe
At around 9:00 p.m. on April 19, 2006, police from the national security office and county police station from Linshui County in Guangan city, Sichuan Province suddenly broke into and ransacked the homes of Dafa practitioners in the county. The focus was to look for copies of the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party and truth clarifying material, as well as Dafa books. At the home of Dafa practitioner Bao Shuihe, they found several copies of the Nine Commentaries some truth clarifying materials, the "Minghui Weekly" newsletter and a picture of Master Li Hongzhi. Bao Shuihe was then arrested. Currently, Bao has been illegally sent to the Linshui County Detention Center and is under persecution there.
8. [Yantai, Shandong Province] Practitioner Mr. Xu Chengben Disappears in the Afternoon of April 21, 2006
9. [Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province] Three Practitioners from Luquan City Are Arrested
In the morning of April 20, 2006, at around 5:00 a.m., seven or eight people in police uniforms from the Luzhen police station in Luquan City, Shijiazhuang broke into Mr. Wang Jianhui's home without showing any documentation or reason. They arrested him and took away Master's articles, some other materials and a copy machine.
10. [Beijing] Practitioner Liu Minying from Nanwan in Fengtai district Is Arrested
In mid-April, 2006, Dafa practitioner Ms. Liu Minying (in her 60's), from Nanwan in Fengtai District in Beijing, was illegally arrested. Liu Minying is currently on a hunger strike to protest the persecution against her.
11. [Liangshan County, Shandong Province] Practitioner Qin Yuchun Arrested and His Home Ransacked
In March 2000, Dafa practitioner Mr. Qin Yuchun was illegally sentenced to three years of forced labor for appealing in Beijing. At noon on April 17, 2006, he was arrested and taken to the Liangshan County Detention Center by policemen.
Mr. Qin's daughter is set to take the college entrance exam. His 80-year-old mother has been sick in bed because she has been worried about her son since he was arrested. Nobody is taking care of his mother currently.
Contact information of the related organizations in Liangshan County:
Liangshan County Political and Judiciary Committee: 86-537-7321330
Zheng Yikun: 86-537-7326272
Liu Chuanxiu: 86-537-7360610, 86-537-7328497, 86-13563707868
Liangshan County Public Security Bureau: 86-537-7331813
Guo Jinshan: 86-537-7331835, 86-13963782598
12. [Huangshi City, Hubei Province] Practitioners Chen Songkui, Cai Guixiang and Wang Yuemei Arrested
In the evening of June 26, 2005, policeman Zhou Xianjun and others from the National Security Team of the Public Security Division of Xisaishan District in Huangshi City of Hubei Province arrested Dafa practitioner Mr. Chen Songkui and sentenced him to two years of forced labor. In April 2006, they arrested Dafa practitioner Ms. Cai Guixiang, Mr. Chen Songkui's wife. She had been homeless in order to avoid arrest and persecution. Ms. Cai Guixiang is currently being jailed in the First Detention Center of Huangshi City.
In the morning of April 18, 2006, policemen from the Linjiang Street Police Station of Huangshi City broke into 45-year-old Ms. Wang Yuemei's home and detained her at the Hubei Province Law Center.
13. [Zhijin County, Guizhou Province] Li Longying and Li Faju Arrested and Jailed
In late March 2006, Dafa practitioners Ms. Li Longying and Ms. Li Faju from Anshun were illegally arrested in Zhijin County. They have been jailed and subjected to persecution.
Cell phone of Fu Guoxiang, secretariat of Zhijin County Political and Legal Committee: 86-13985363188
Cell phone of Deng Yingqiang, deputy secretariat of Zhijin County Political and Legal Committee: 86-13985357799
Office of Zhijin County Political and Legal Committee: 86-857-7625538
Office of Comprehensive Management of Zhijin County Political and Legal Committee: 86-857-7621347
Political Security Section of Zhijin County Public Security Bureau: 86-857-7625427
14. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Two Practitioners from Wuhou District Still Being Illegally Jailed
At the end of September, 2005, Falun Gong practitioners Mr. Zhou and Mr. Tu from Wuhou District of Chengdu City were arrested at home by the 610 Office and special agents from National Security Bureau. They are being illegally jailed in the Chengdu Detention Center. On March 22, 2006, the Wuhou District Court illegally put them on trial. Their family members were not allowed to attend the proceedings.
Because of the lack of evidence, the court did not announce any sentences. However, the practitioners are still being held in jail.
15. [Ningjin County, Hebei Province] Practitioner Lu Xinjie Arrested
In the evening of April 14, 2005, Shen Jianzhong, a policeman of the Ningjin County Public Security Bureau in Hebei Province, hired a group of thugs to kidnap Dafa practitioner Mr. Lu Xinjie. He then sent Mr. Lu to the Xingtai Brainwashing Center to carry out more brutal persecution.
Shen Jianzhong: 86-13603193122
Cheng Cuiluan, Shen's wife: 86-319-5835351
Shen Jiangwei, Shen's son: 86-319-5807326
Shen Jiankai, Shen's younger brother: 86-319-5656328
16. [Laishui City, Hebei Province] Practitioners Zhao Guocun, Liu Zhecun, and Others Arrested
Dafa practitioners Mr. Zhao Guocun and Mr. Liu Zhecun from Laishui were recently arrested. Zhao Guocun is being jailed in Zhuzhou. Liu Zhecun has been jailed in the Laishui County Detention Center for more than 20 days, and his family has not been allowed to visit him.
In the evening of April 20, 2006, three policemen broke into Dafa practitioner Ms. Li Guirong's home to harass her. They found and took away her copy of Zhuan Falun and other Dafa books.
At noon on April 21, 2006, Dafa practitioner Ms. Xing Wenyan was arrested. In the afternoon of April 22, Ms. Liu Zhiqin was arrested.
17. [Yantai City, Shandong Province] Eight Practitioners from Wuning Town of Moping District Illegally Sentenced to Forced Labor, One Person Heavily Fined
In March 2006, eight Dafa practitioners from Wuning Town of Moping District in Yantai City were arrested. These eight practitioners were all illegally sentenced to one year of forced labor. Three practitioners, including Ms. Zhou Shurong, temporarily served their terms under house arrest and the other five were sent to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo City.
Another female Dafa practitioner's home was ransacked by the Wuning Police Station. She was fined a sum of 30,000 yuan. She was told that if she could not pay the charge, she would be sentenced to forced labor.
18. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Wang Qicai Missing for Almost Ten Days
Ms. Wang Qicai, a Dafa practitioner from Weifang City in Shandong Province, has been missing for almost ten days. In 2004, her husband was arrested but walked out of detention with the power of righteous thoughts. Since then, he has been homeless. Her son is in high school and living in the school dormitory. One day when he went home, he could not find his mother anymore.
19. [Wutong City, Sichuan Province] Police Arrest Practitioners at Home
In the morning of April 21, 2006, Liang Hongbin, secretariat of the National Security 610 Office, Yangliu Police Station and Yangliu Village CCP Committee, and Tian Shufen, secretariat of the Yangliu Women's Committee, illegally arrested Mr. Tan Suming (a disabled person who does not practice Falun Dafa), his 80-year old mother and Ms. Shang Zhenyue. They also ransacked Mr. Tan's home. The intruders took pictures of Dafa books they found to be used as "evidence" to support the accusation of "illegal" activities. At around 6:00 p.m., Tan Suming's mother was released. The authorities wanted to take away Mr. Tan's wife but failed to do so due to protests from many of Tan's neighbors. Tan Suming is being illegally jailed in the Wutong Detention Center.
20. [Shandong Province] Persecution of Steadfast Dafa Practitioners in the Second Forced Labor Camp Brainwashing Center
Since the beginning of 2006, the Second Forced Labor Camp of Shandong Province (originally named Wangcun Forced Labor Camp) has brutally persecuted steadfast Dafa practitioners. The practitioners were not allowed to go to bed until 4:30 a.m. and had to get up at 5:00 a.m. They were allowed only forty minutes of sleep. The practitioners were forced to sit on a hard stool for twenty hours each day. Sometimes, Dafa practitioners were forced to stand outside in the freezing winter without their cotton-padded jackets. The practitioners were only given one steamed bun per meal, and their imprisonment terms were extended.
April 22, 2006