(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioners Ru Pingyi and spouse Zhou Meiling from Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province were arrested by local police in Huizhou, Guangdong in 2005. They have been detained ever since. They have now been sentenced to eight years in prison. There is no one to take care of their small child at home. Zhou Meiling has gone on a protest hunger strike for a few months.

Ru Pingyi and Zhou Meiling were originally from Beijing. They started practicing Falun Dafa in 1997. After the persecution started, they went to Beijing to appeal. They were stopped in the Shaoguan Train Station, and were sent back to the local police station. Ru openly and righteously clarified the truth to the station chief, and the chief did not give him a difficult time.

Back then, the authorities forced practitioners to attend brainwashing sessions. Zhou Meiling, after careful consideration, went to Beijing's Tiananmen Square again. She solemnly told people: "Falun Dafa is wonderful." She was arrested and sent back to Zhuhai, and was held in a detention center. She was not allowed to practice, and was tortured, including being tied on the "death-bed." Nothing changed her mind about Falun Dafa, and she walked out of the detention center in a dignified manner.

In 2001, both Ru and Zhou were sentenced to three years of forced labor. Zhou was brutally tortured in Guangdong Women's Labor Camp. They hung her up in mid air and beat her for five days. She was forced to sign the "four statements" against her will. Ru went through similar treatment in Guangdong Huadu Labor Camp. They suffered tremendously, however, after they came out they still read the Falun Dafa books and practiced the exercises, followed Teacher, and walked the path of validating Dafa and saving sentient beings.

In 2005, they went to Huizhou and were arrested soon after. In the detention center, Zhou protested the unconstitutional detention, and she thought what she did was most righteous and should not be persecuted like this. The local police and political committee stepped in and sentenced them to eight years in prison. They have not seen their daughter Bei Bei often since the persecution began. Bei Bei had to stay with other practitioners. Now her whereabouts are unknown.