(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioner Mr. Zhang Yinhai, 70, from Pengliuzuo Village, Tianjiazhuang County, Xinji City, Hebei Province, passed away on January 16, 2006. Before his death, Zhang was subjected to cruel persecution by Geng Chao and his group at the National Security Group in Xinji City. Many of his family members were illegally detained and had money extorted from them. His mother, in her nineties, died from terror.

The following is a brief description of the persecution of Zhang's family.

The house of Mr. Zhang Yinhai's eldest son Zhang Tongyi was illegally searched and many items were confiscated by Geng Chao and his group on April 12, 2005. They took fifteen thousand yuan from the house plus 1200 yuan and a password protected check from a body search. After forcing Zhang Tongyi to tell the password, they cashed the check. They also confiscated a computer, two telephones, a new cell phone valued at over one thousand yuan, a color TV, a recorder, over fifty pounds of peanut oil, and some truth-clarifying material. Geng Chao personally took the computer and the cell phone.

At the end, they illegally sentenced Zhang Tongyi to two years of forced labor served outside of a forced labor camp. Zhang Tongyi's wife, practitioner Li Ergai, was illegally sentenced to three years of forced labor. She is now persecuted in Shi Jiazhuang Women's Forced Labor Camp.

The home of his second son, practitioner Zhang Tongjian, was searched by Geng Chao and his group. They took a color TV, a computer, and some consumable goods. Currently, Zhang Tonjian and his wife are forced to remain homeless to avoid further persecution. Zhang Tongjian's mother is looking after their children.

Zhang Yinghai's mother was ninety-six years old. After the house was searched, she was so terrified that she passed away in July, 2005.

Zhang Yinghai's three daughters, Zhang Xiangzhen, Zhang Tingzhen, and Zhang Yuexiang, visited the National Security Group in Xinji City together, and asked Geng Chao to return their brother's property. They were detained on the spot. Zhang Xiangzhen was sent to the Xinjin Detention Center and was illegally held there for fifteen days before she was released. On November 20, 2005, about two months after her release, she was arrested again by officers from the police station in Yinli County, Jinzhou City and the National Security Group in Jinzhou City. She was sent to the Hebei Law Education Center to be brainwashed. On the evening of January 16, 2005, Zhang Xiangzhen was able to come home due to the death of her father. Zhang Tingzhen and Zhang Yuexiang were released after Geng Chao extorted over 1000 yuan from each of them.