(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Zhang Jin, 70, was a Dafa practitioner from Taipusiqi, Inner Mongolia. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1998 and was very diligent in his cultivation. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, police from the Public Security 610 Office put his home under surveillance, often placing a stake-out nearby and following him to his home to harass him. Zhang Jin died on March 13, 2006, yet his son and daughter-in-law are still being persecuted in a forced labor camp.

His son, Zhang Junqing, and daughter-in-law, Duan Songping (from Kunshan City, Jiangsu Province) were forced to leave their excellent jobs and life in Kunshan City, Jiangsu Province in 2000 because of they practiced Falun Gong. Since they could not return to their home afterwards, they finally went to Taipusiqi to live with their parents.

In November 2004, Duan Songping went job hunting in Ximeng City. She was reported to the police at the Ximeng Ethnic Professional Trade School when she clarified the truth to her former classmates. The police from Xilin Public Security in Hohhot City illegally arrested and detained her. Duan Songping went on hunger strike for more than ten days to protest the persecution. Shen Ping, Xiong Jiji from the Kunshan City Public Security Political-Security department in Jiangsu Province, and the head of the Baochang County "610 Office" in Inner Mongolia also went to Xilin Public Security in Hohhot City to participate in the persecution. They sentenced Ms. Duan to three years of forced labor at the Inner Mongolia Women's Labor Camp.

In late December 2004, Zhang Jin's wife, his son Zhang Junqing, and another Dafa practitioner, Zhao Suqin, went to Inner Mongolia to visit Duan Songping. They were told by the police at the labor camp to wait to be received. Soon a dozen plainclothes police showed up and handcuffed all of them. In the freezing weather of -30oC (-22oF), they were stripped and searched three or four times, and then were all detained and beaten by the deputies. On January 3, 2005, they were transferred to the Xilin City Detention Center by the Ximeng Public Security State Security Brigade, and were severely persecuted. On January 13, 2005, Zhang Junqing was sentenced to three years of forced labor at Wuyuan County.

At that time Zhang Jin was suffering from a bone fracture caused by a traffic accident. He and his two-year-old grand daughter had no one to take care of them. His wife, son, and daughter-in-law were all arrested. He could not walk by himself, with his granddaughter crying for her mother. Yet even so, the Taipusiqi Public Security police officers Feng Guoliang, Cao Yi and other deputies often came to his home to harass and coerce him, trying to force him to sign and finger print a document. They even ordered him to report to the police at Ximeng Public Security whenever he was called to do so. Because of the constant stake-outs, surveillance, following, and phone tapping, he lost all of his freedom. Zhang Jin suffered unspeakable agony both mentally and physically.

On March 8, 2006, his granddaughter contracted a high fever and kept crying for her mommy. Zhang Jin felt so desperate and sorrowful and he suddenly lost his breath and speech. He died on March 13, 2006.

After his death, his family requested that his son and daughter-in-law come for his funeral, yet Wuyuan Forced Labor Camp did not release his son, but demanded that his family arrange automobile transportation and official papers for local government representatives. Inner Mongolia Women's Labor Camp also refused to release his daughter-in-law. The family's request for a death certificate was repeatedly delayed.

Baotou City Wuyuan Labor Camp
Wuyuan County Labor Camp PO Box #1, 015112
Phone: 86-478-5558241

Hohhot Women's Labor Camp:
Phone: 86-471-33922681

March 20, 2006