(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zang Guilian, 63 years old, was a Dafa practitioner in Baoding, Hebei Province who started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. As a result, she had a healthy body and a happy spirit. After the Chinese Communist Party began the persecution of Falun Gong, she went to Beijing to appeal and clarify the truth on April 25, 1999 and July 20, 1999. The police arrested her and kept her under close monitoring for a long period of time. During this time, she was forced to attend many meetings that slandered Falun Gong and attempted to brainwash her. The police and other officials from the 610 Office, local police station and Property Management Company also routinely confiscated her family's property and threatened them. She was forced to pay 10,000 yuan in the name of bail, but no legal procedures were followed when she was forced to pay. Ms. Zang did not give up her belief in Dafa. At around noon on February 6, 2002, she received a notice requesting that she sign the guarantee letter by 5 p.m. that day or she would be arrested. Ms. Zang was compelled to leave home and she did not come back until October of that year. Because she was often harassed and monitored, Ms. Zang later had to leave home again. She contracted an illness and died on December 23, 2004.

Ms. Jia Wenxian, over 60 years old, lived in the dependent compound of the Xigu District Railroad Bureau, Lanzhou City, Gansu Province. She was a retired staff member of the Xigu Department Store. She started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. She insisted on studying the Fa and doing the exercises every day. Her body became strong and healthy. She cared about other people like they were her children and was extremely charitable. She went to Beijing to clarify the truth and validate Dafa twice. After her work unit found out, her retirement pension was suspended. Under pressure applied by the authorities, her husband hid all of her Dafa books, the tape recorder, the recordings of exercise music and so on, and did not allow her to study the Fa or do the exercises. Over a long period of time, Ms. Jia suffered a lot in both body and mind. In the second half of 2003, she suffered a stroke. She died on July 14, 2005.

Ms. Yang Xiufang, over 50 years old, lived in Jiaojiazhuang Village, Jiaojiazhuang Town, Yongchang County, Gansu Province. Starting in 1993, she became ill and tried a variety of different qigong treatments, but her symptoms became worse and she started to speak incoherently. She tried to find cures everywhere and spent a lot of money, but the results were not good. In 1997, she began to practice Falun Gong, and all of the symptoms went away. Her body was strong, she was joyful in spirit and she helped her son to manage the farm affairs. After the CCP began to persecute Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, the town's local police station and village leaders went to harass her many times, demanded that she turn in her Dafa books, and did not allow her to study the Fa or do the exercises. She was placed under great duress and became depressed. At the beginning of 2002, because she visited a relative who was a Falun Gong practitioner, she was illegally arrested by the county police station. She was imprisoned for more than a month. They forced her relative to pay a fine in the name of bail before releasing her. Ms. Yang suffered a lot in both body and mind. She studied the Fa and did the exercises only intermittently during this time. She died suddenly in 2005.

Ms. Xu Changyu, 62 years old, was a staff member in the Hebei Foreign Trade Chemical Industry Company of Qinhangdao, Hebei Province. Before she practiced Falun Gong, she smoked, drank, gambled, and she had heart disease, hypertension, and other ailments. After she started practicing Falun Gong in 1996, Ms. Xu gave up all of her unhealthy habits. Her illnesses disappeared. She had a healthy body and was able to do all sorts of housework. On May 13, 2000, when she went to Beijing to clarify the truth and validate Dafa, she was illegally detained by the second unit of the public security bureau. She was imprisoned in the First Detention Center of Qinhangdao. She was released after being fined 2,000 Yuan. On January 13, 2006, she died after enduring great duress as a result of the persecution.

February 04, 2006