(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Liu Shuhong, a Falun Gong practitioner from Shouguang City, Shandong Province, has been frequently persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) regime. She was persecuted to the point of metal collapse, and later her husband was sentenced to three years of imprisonment. During this long-term persecution, Mrs. Liu's health deteriorated further, and she finally passed away on July 25, 2005.

Mrs. Liu Shuhong, 35, from Hualongqiao Village, Hualong Town, Shouguang City, started practicing Falun Gong in 1998. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, she was taken away along with other fellow Falun Gong practitioners by thugs led by the deputy CCP secretary of the town, and was locked in the local middle school's classroom, where Falun Gong practitioners were isolated, and deprived of sleep at night. Moreover, the persecutors confiscated practitioners' Dafa books and photos of Teacher and burned them. Because Mrs. Liu refused to renounce Falun Gong, she was beaten by Zhang Wenkui with a glass-framed photo of Teacher, which left a large bump on her head.

In March 2001, the local government intensified the persecution. Mrs. Liu and her husband, along with six other practitioners were illegally arrested and taken to a dark backroom of the town government, where they were subjected to brainwashing in turn by officials from the Birth Control Office, Land Administration Office, Financial Office, Food Administration Office and police station. Mrs. Liu was steadfast in safeguarding Dafa and subsequently was not provided any food for five days. However, she and four fellow practitioners successfully escaped from the backroom.

When she got home, the police officials could not find the practitioners who went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, therefore they handcuffed her and shocked her using an electric baton, causing her face to turn black and blue. Finally, she was taken to Shouguang City's brainwashing class, where she was deprived of sleep, assailed by staff members of the 610 Office and forced to watch a video that slandered Teacher and Dafa. Under such conditions she was so traumatized that one month later Mrs. Liu Shuhong suffered a mental collapse. When she was sent back home, she sometimes laughed and sometimes cried.

In October 2001, Mrs. Liu's husband, Liu Zongshan and four fellow practitioners went to Beijing to validate Dafa. Liu Zongshan was subsequently brutally beaten by the police in Beijing. One of his eyes became almost blind from the beating, and he could not see anything until three months later, but the police did not offer any treatment. Instead, they continued torturing him and put him in prison for a three year term. Mrs. Liu Shuhong's father, Liu Qingtian was also illegally arrested and sentenced to one year forced labor.

Therefore, Mrs. Liu had to take responsibility for the family on her own and endure the pressure from society. As a result, she developed high blood pressure and lumbago.

In August 2003, she was once again threatened by the local government when her husband was released from prison in late 2004. She was emaciated to the point of being skin and bones, and finally passed away on July 25, 2005 at the age of 35, leaving her 10 year old child alone and helpless.

This lovely family was decimated by the CCP regime like millions of others. However, "Good is Rewarded with Good and Evil Provokes Retribution" is a celestial principle. Zhang Wenkui, the person who followed the CCP regime's evil policy and brutally beat Mrs. Liu, contracted stomach cancer and nephritis, and died on July 27, 2005 after experiencing extreme pain.

March 16, 2006