(Clearwisdom.net) Around July 20, 2005, a forced "Joining the CCP" activity was conducted in the Seventh Ward of the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp. The Seventh Ward head Zhang Bo (male) forced everyone to write an application letter, but this caused strong resistance by detained Falun Dafa practitioners and non-practitioners as well. Zhang Bo put pressure on all the guards, then the guards tortured every detainee, subjecting even older and illiterate detainees to brainwashing. The guards prepared the application letters, then forced everyone to sign their names.

The guards in the Seventh Ward periodically force Falun Dafa practitioners to fill out questionnaires that slander Falun Dafa and Master Li. Whoever refuses is locked in a small cell (1), and subjected to physical torture and forced brainwashing.

From June to August 2005, ward head Zhang Bo and Yang Hong (female) tortured practitioners many times by forcing them to do military training after lunch, baking under the sun for more than an hour, while they hide in the shade. One snowy day in December 2004, Yang Hong led practitioners to do military training more than one hour in the snow, and forced practitioners over 60 years old to share their experiences after the torture.

The guards in the Seventh Ward forced Falun Dafa practitioners to take turns staying awake during the night, with each shift lasting one hour and twenty minutes. Practitioners could not rest well, including practitioners over 60, and nearly 70 years old. None of the practitioners were allowed to nap during the day. They had to labor from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Liu Shuzhen, 50, was sentenced to three years of forced labor. She was sent to the Thirteenth Ward of Wanjia Forced Labor Camp in 2005. She used to be very healthy, but just because she refused to write the three statements, she was tortured by being cuffed to the bed in an awkward position so that she could not stand up or sit down for seven days. She could not walk after this torture. The camp administration still refused to release her under such circumstances.


(1) Small cell - The detainees are locked up alone in very small cells. The guards handcuff practitioners behind their backs in a fixed position, in which the practitioners can neither move nor lie down. The small cell is very damp and no sunshine comes in. Detainees have to urinate and defecate in the cell. Only half of a regular meal is served to detainees who are locked up in small cells during the daytime. During the night rats run around. The stench in the small cell is so bad that it is difficult to breathe.