(Clearwisdom.net) On February 8, 2006, police officers from Jiaohe City in Jilin Province broke into Dafa practitioner Mr. Liu Huihai's home, illegally arrested him and sent him to a labor camp. The police severely tortured Mr. Liu Huihai and then sent him to a hospital for emergency medical treatment. The police lied to Mr. Liu's father about the cause of his son's serious health condition, saying it was a heart attack. Prior to becoming a Falun Gong practitioner, Mr. Liu Huihai engaged in illicit activities. By following the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance" and practicing Falun Gong, Mr. Liu became a kind and honest person and left his old ways. He was nevertheless arrested several times for his peaceful belief. Currently, Mr. Liu is on a hunger strike and enduring brutal force-feeding. The following are some details of his case:

Mr. Liu Huihai is 44 years old. He started practicing Falun Gong in 2000. His father reports that prior to practicing Falun Gong, Liu Huihai engaged in criminal behavior and was sentenced to prison at the age of 23. His father said that he turned into a completely different person after practicing Falun Gong, becoming considerate and never fighting back when encountering conflict or personal injustice.

Facing the evil CCP's persecution of Falun Gong, Liu Huihai said, "Falun Gong is so good! How could we possible acknowledge such a wicked persecution? We must tell people the facts about Dafa!" In 2002, Mr. Liu was arrested and sentenced to two years in a labor camp for distributing truth-clarification materials. At the Jiutai Labor Camp, Mr. Liu Huihai never cooperated with the authorities. He refused to participate in the forced labor work and started a hunger strike. He left the labor camp nine months later.

In June of 2005, Mr. Liu Huihai clarified the truth about Dafa on a bus. He was reported and arrested. When the police took Liu Huihai in handcuffs back to his house to search it, Mr. Liu escaped. The police searched his home regardless. His father stopped the police. "What is wrong with practicing Falun Gong and being a good person? How come you always insult and torture us for no reason? Why did you not care when my son was a criminal and arrest him now after he became a good person? Only Falun Gong has the power to turn a criminal into a good person, and turn a good person into a better person. Falun Gong is great! Why don't you just leave the good people alone?" The police were embarrassed and left.

At around 5:00 a.m. on the morning of February 8, 2006, the police knocked on Mr. Liu Huihai's door again when he was doing the exercises. Mr. Liu tried to escape through the back window, but the police were stationed there. They captured him and took him to a detention center. The police confiscated 3,400 yuan in cash from his home.

The next day when Mr. Liu Huihai's father heard that his son had been tortured and sent to a hospital, he immediately went to the police station to request his son's release. The police denied that they had tortured Mr. Liu, and showed his father a doctor's report stating that he had suffered a heart attack. His father worried even more, since Mr. Liu Huihai was a very healthy man and did not have any heart problems.

We learned that Mr. Liu Huihai is currently imprisoned in the Jiaohe City Detention Center. He insists on clarifying the truth about Dafa to everyone and keeps calling out "Falun Dafa is good." We also learned that he went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal arrest and suffered brutal force-feeding.

Phone numbers of the responsible parties:

Jiaohe City Police Department Director's Office: 86-432-7240701
Jiaohe City Detention Center: 86-432-7235018

March 7, 2006