Luo Gan, head of the 610 Office, recently ordered large-scale arrests of Falun Gong practitioners throughout the entire country. Everywhere he has gone, the brutal persecution of practitioners in that area has dramatically intensified. In mid-September 2005, Luo Gan went to Harbin City twice. Since September 23, 2005, arrests of practitioners in Harbin City have occurred more frequently. During this large-scale push for arrests, more than 25 practitioners have been arrested, detained, and brutally tortured; some have even been persecuted to death.

Mass arrests of Falun Gong practitioners

On Friday, September 23, 2005, starting at around 5 a.m., Harbin and Daqing in Heilongjiang Province deployed large numbers of police officers to arrest practitioners. On that day, at least 14 Harbin practitioners and 18 Daqing practitioners were arrested.

In Harbin City

Practitioner Zhang Yuefang, a resident of Harbin City's Nangang District, was arrested at home. Agents from the Nangang Police Sub-department and Hexing Police Station were responsible.

The Harbin City State Security Division and the Nangang Police Sub-department arrested Dr. Dai Jingmin, a professor and doctoral advisor at the Harbin Institute of Technology, and his wife, Yang Maohua, a teacher in the Department of Physics at the Harbin Institute of Technology. The police also confiscated their computers, printers, and other valuables and left their young child without care.

Practitioner Yang Guiying, who was in the hotel business in the Nangang District, and another practitioner with the last name of Yi, who worked at the hotel, were both arrested.

The police from the Dongli District Police Sub-department arrested husband and wife Li Ge and Lu Yan, and confiscated their computers, printers, truth clarification materials, and Falun Dafa books. The police also arrested their child and detained him for one day at the station. Later that night, the child was taken home by his grandfather.

The police from the Daoli Area State Security Division arrested Ms. Lu Lihua from the Hesong District in the Daoli Area and detained her at the Shengdashanzhuang Resort located in Acheng City. It is a place for interrogating practitioners, many of whom were arrested on September 23, 2005. It is equipped with all sorts of torture devices. Ms. Lu Lihua was tortured for seven days there and died at around 7:20 p.m. on October 2, 2005.

Mr. Li Hongkui was abducted from his workplace. Afterwards, the police ransacked his home and confiscated his computers, printers, etc. The police also arrested his son, Li Xuan, who does not practice Falun Gong and is a college student. Li Xuan was released a week later. Mr. Li Hongkui's whereabouts is unknown.

Practitioner Wang Zhulan, who lives in Daoli Area, was arrested at the same time by the Daoli Area State Security Division.

The police from the Gongcheng Police Station in Daoli Area also arrested practitioners Zhou Yulan, Yang Yunqiu and Yuan Shengce immediately after work. The following morning, they abducted practitioner Zhang Yan.

In Daqing City

On September 23, 2005, at around 5 a.m., Chen Changxiu, Li Shumei, Mr. and Mrs. Yu Chen and their son-in-law were arrested. Chen and Li are residents of Ranghu Road in the Yueyuan District, while the Yu couple and their son-in-law are from the Xizhai District.

Practitioners Bai Yufu and Zhang Lixin live in the No. 8 Donghu District, along with Li Qingzuo, Li Junmi, and Jia Xianjun. They all work in the Chinese Medicine Clinic, and were arrested by the Donghu Police Sub-department. Computers, printers, and Falun Dafa materials were confiscated.

Practitioners Liu Li, Feng Ying, Chen Qingli and Tang Zengye were also arrested.

Ms. Yu Guixiang found out about the police's plan and refused to open her door. An hour later, the police pried the door open and roughly arrested Ms. Yu. She shouted out, "Falun Dafa is good!" on the balcony. When her son tried to stop the police, they beat him. Due to the intense demands from her family, Ms. Yu Guixiang was sent to the hospital to receive medical treatment.

To avoid further persecution, Mr. Zheng Hongjun has been forced into homelessness for several years now. He was arrested at around 5 a.m. while at his mother's home in the Babaixiang Area.

Xi Qingyun, a practitioner from the Ranghu District, was arrested at home. He was later released around noontime.

Lan Sufen, who worked at the No.3 Daqing Oil Factory, was also arrested.

Mr. Li Yequan from Daqing City was arrested on September 23, 2005. He has been detained for over 100 days now in the Daqing Forced Labor Camp. He went on a hunger strike to protest his illegal detention and the persecution of Falun Gong. Due to the tortures he suffered at the labor camp, his health deteriorated and he was at the brink of death. Near the Chinese New Year's celebration, his family members took a four-hour trip from the oil factory to visit him. They brought him some clothes, but Wang Yongxiang, Director of the labor camp, became angry and forbade them from giving the clothes to Mr. Li Yequan.

Continued arrests

After the large-scale arrests on September 23, the police in Harbin and Daqing Cities continued to abduct more than 20 Falun Gong practitioners in the months of October, November, and December 2005.

Practitioner Dandan is a resident of the Ranghulu District in Daqing City. Someone reported him to the police because he practices Falun Gong. On October 19, 2005, Mr. Dandan became mentally disordered after being subjected to detention and cruelly tortured by the Ranghulu Police Sub-department.

On October 27, 2005, Mr. Yu Shengquan and his whole family (a total of three people) were arrested. The police confiscated heir computers, printers, and other valuables. Mr. Yu Shengquan lived in the Daoli Area and was an employee of the Agricultural Bank in Daqing City,

On November 1, 2005, 57-year-old Mr. Zhang Shengjie was illegally arrested by the police from the Harbin Daowai Police Sub-department and the Dafangli Police Station. At that time, he was alone at home while his wife was at work. He was sentenced to three years of forced labor in the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp.

On November 2, 2005, Ms. Guo Shuzhen was tricked into going to the Chaoyang Police Station of the Harbin Dongli Police Sub-department. She was immediately arrested by three police officers from the Harbin City Police Department. Personal computers, printers, and other materials were confiscated from her home. Ms. Guo was sentenced to one and a half years in prison. At home, Ms. Guo's elderly mother-in-law, son, and husband, Huang Xiangwei, a practitioner who was persecuted to disability by the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp, were left to care for themselves.

On November 4, 2005, at around 9 p.m., Mr. Zhao Xidong from Harbin City was arrested by police from the Haping Police Station and the Nangang District Police Station. The police also confiscated his computer, video camera, and other personal valuables. Mr. Zhao used to be a reporter with the Heilongjiang Provincial Television Station, a Russian translator, and the host of a Russian language program. The Heilongjiang Provincial Television Station fired him only because he practices Falun Gong. He was sentenced to one and a half years in prison. Currently he is detained in the Dongli Police Station.

On November 5, 2005, Mr. Chen Guilan, a practitioner from Hulan District, Harbin City, was arrested because he told the truth about Falun Gong.

In November 2005, the Daqing Dongli District Police Sub-department deceived practitioner Liu Guiqi's son into opening the door and then arrested Liu. Liu Guiqi is currently detained at the Dongli Police Station.

In November 2005, two practitioners from Changxin Village, Tonghe County, Harbin City, were arrested while they were distributing truth-clarification materials. As a result of their arrest, three other practitioners were found out. One practitioner with the last name of Qi was arrested, while the other two were forced into homelessness to avoid persecution.

On November 12, 2005, Mr. Yi Anbang was arrested at home by the Daoli Police Sub-department State Security Division in Harbin City. He was detained at the Daoli Police Station in Harbin City. After he clarified the truth to his students during class, Mr. Yi was reported to the police by someone who was deceived by the CCP's hate propaganda of Falun Gong.

On November 13, 2005, practitioner Ms. Sun Yumei, an employee of the No.2 Daqing Factory, was arrested by the police when she went to get her ID photo taken.

On November 19, 2005, Ms. Lang Fengai, a resident of Linren Village, Tonghe County, Harbin City, was arrested by the police while she was clarifying the truth.

On November 22, 2005, at around noon, two police officers from the Babaixiang Police Department in Daqing City pushed Ms. Wang Xiuling into a police car while she was working at Jiulong Property Management Company.

In the morning on November 22, 2005, practitioners Zhou Yingqi, Yang Shuqin and Zhang Chuansheng, from Shuangcheng District, Harbin City, were arrested by the Shuangcheng Police Department and Shuangcheng 610 Office. Their homes were ransacked, and the police also confiscated computers, printers, and other materials valued at more than 10,000 yuan.

On November 22, 2005, Mr. Chi Qinghua, a practitioner from Tonghe County, Harbin City, was arrested from home by the police from the county's police department, the county's State Security Division, and the village's police station. His home computer was also confiscated.

On November 29, 2005, Mr. Zheng Li from Mulan County, Harbin City, was arrested by the Mulan Police Department. The police also ransacked his home and confiscated Falun Dafa books, public statements and letters, etc.

On November 30, 2005, at 4 p.m. the police from the Daoli Area State Security Division in Harbin City arrested practitioner Mr. Liu Tao from his workplace. Another practitioner, Yan Junlian, an employee of Daqing Petrochemical General Factory, was also recently arrested in Shanghai.

On December 7, 2005, Ms. Gao Xunhong, a resident of Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province, was arrested by a group of police officers that broke into her home. The police also confiscated her husband's computer and other valuables.

In addition, on July 20, 2005, Tong County practitioners Li Min, Bo Hai, Chi Qinghua, and Lang Fengai were arrested. Although the Heilongjiang Fangzheng County Court found Bo Hai and Li Min "not guilty" and released them, the Tonghe County police still detained them at the Tonghe County Police Station. Liu Ying was also detained there. Chi Qinghua was sentenced to two years of imprisonment by the Tonghe County Court.

Mr. and Mrs. Li Min were arrested in the spring of 2005. Since then, their whereabouts have been unknown.