(Clearwisdom.net) As the clock struck midnight on Chinese New Year's eve January 28, 2006, all the "illegally detained" practitioners in Masanjia Forced Labor camp clarified the truth together and shouted "Falun Dafa is great!" The police guards were in turmoil. Xie Chengdong, the head of Team No. 1, was very angry and kicked the practitioners who were on hunger strike (the practitioners were on hunger strike in order to protest the persecution). Other practitioners who were in the supervision room of Team No. 1 were also tortured. Sui Hua, a practitioner from Shenyang, was in the No. 3 subdivision of Team No. 1. They handcuffed and tortured him for several days. All the illegally arrested practitioners in the No. 2 subdivision of Team No.1 then went on a hunger strike together in order to protest the persecution of Sui Hua. Finally, they took Sui Hua back to the division.

All the practitioners in the No. 2 Team shouted, "Falun Dafa is great" on their way to the cafeteria. The guards could not do anything to prevent it. They finally had to accept their resounding cries.

The severe persecution in Masanjia has become more difficult to sustain since practitioners worldwide have clarified the truth and send forth righteous thoughts. The brave words, "Falun Dafa is great" resound in Masanjia every day. The number of practitioners in Masanjia was reduced from 700 at the end of March 2005, to 300 at the end of 2005. The police reorganized the No. 2 Women's Ward into two teams according to the practitioners that were "transformed" and the ones that were "not transformed." They reduced the number of practitioners from 150 to 40 in the No. 1 Team by February 2. More than 100 practitioners out of these 150 continued to clarify the truth.

The police guards punished practitioners by using electric batons, adhesive tape to gag practitioners to keep them from clarifying the truth, prison term extensions, and more. They brutally persecuted practitioners who were on hunger strikes and who kept shouting, "Falun Dafa is great!" However, the resounding righteous voices never stopped in Masanjia. After the camp personnel realized that their persecution methods did not work, they threw corn congee on the faces of practitioners who shouted. That did not work, either. Later on they allowed practitioners to shout only twice. It still did not work. Practitioners continued to shout, "Falun Dafa is great!" At last the guards pretended they did not hear anything and said, "We are used to your shouting."

They changed their persecution tactics in the middle of January 2006. The camp authorities assembled collaborators and sent them back to the No. 3 Team. Then the guards carefully watched and persecuted the steadfast practitioners. On February 23, 2006, they dispatched some temporary policemen, who were from other areas and other police departments, in order to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. The practitioners in the No. 1 Team were only allowed to have a washbowl and one set of underwear per person. Other clothes or baggage were put in a storage room. The guards conducted illegal body searches and searched rooms, because they were afraid that practitioners had copies of Teacher's articles.

From December 22 to December 26, 2005, the guards took three practitioners who were on hunger strike in the No. 2 subdivision of the No. 1 Team out of Room 213 and put them into Room 202. This room was located on the western, hillside wall and was extremely cold. The three practitioners were Ms. Sheng Lianying from Dalian City, Ms. Meng Guiqiu from Goubangzi of Jinzhou City and Dong Jingya from Shenyang City. A guard from the No. 1 Team tried to force the three practitioners to eat, telling them that they would be released from the icy room if they stopped their hunger strike. Two days later, the guards told them if they stopped shouting, "Falun Dafa is great," they would put them in another room with heat. The practitioners still continued to resist the persecution and were not fooled by the guard's deception. A police officer named Li Wei kicked a small plastic stool angrily. Finally, they moved the three practitioners to Room 206, which was heated, because the collaborators' feet and ears were hurting from being in that ice-cold room. Practitioner Sheng Lianying, 51, had frozen feet and was in pain..

Five practitioners--Dong Jingya (34 years old from Shenyang), Ms. Meng Guiqiu (51 years old from Goubangzi), Ms. Jiang Guiyun (57 years old from Dalian), Ms. Sheng Lianying (51 years old from Dalian) and Ms. Liu Guiyuan (47 years old from Shenyang)--continued their hunger strike in order to resist the persecution. Dong Jingya had been on a hunger strike for nearly 10 months and recently was released. Ms. Meng Guiqiu suffered from brutal torture during her nearly 10-month-long hunger strike. Ms. Jiang Guiyun was on a hunger strike for 10 months and became too weak to sit up. She was tied to the death bed for five months, and was often not even allowed up to relieve herself. Ms. Sheng Lianying also had been on a hunger strike for nearly 10 months and was brutally tortured by a police guard named Xie Chengdong. One of her legs sustained nerve damage. The authorities extended Ms. Liu Guiyuan's two-year term an additional six months. Her husband passed away 10 years ago, and her parents are also dead. She only has one son. However, the police did not allow her son to visit her. He came to Masanjia and wanted to see his mother, but he was not allowed to enter. The police guards also threatened to detain him if he continued to come by. The practitioners mentioned above suffered every day from physical punishment between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. Cao Yujie, a police officer, and Chen Bing, a doctor, brutally force-fed them three times per day. Cao Yujie was the leader for force-feeding. His health has now deteriorated and sometimes he limps.

The camp personnel not only fear Falun Gong practitioners worldwide and their sending forth righteous thoughts and exposing the persecution, they are worried that the relatives of these practitioners will appeal for justice. Practitioners Dong Jingya and Ms. Meng Guiqiu were not allowed to meet with their families. The guards used the excuse that it was because of the "bird flu." However, their families insisted on meeting with those practitioners and demanded to see the person in charge. The head of the No. 1 Team came out. He pretended to be very kind and said they would be sure tell the practitioners' families if they had any new information about the situation of their loved ones.

Ms. Meng Guiqiu's father-in-law, who is 95 years old, was very righteous. He had traveled a long way from Goubangzi in Jinzhou Province to Masanjia in order to see his daughter-in-law. He insisted on talking to her regardless of what the guards said, including their excuse, "The bird flu is all over the province. Nobody is allowed to visit." The guards did not tell him that Ms. Meng was on a hunger strike. Finally, he met with Meng Guiqiu and said to the police, "Is there anything wrong with my daughter-in-law practicing Falun Gong? She is very dutiful to us old people. She is more attentive than my own daughter is. All the people around us agree that she is a good person. If she cannot go home then I will not go home either. I only want my daughter-in-law." Li Yuming, one of the Team heads, tried to persuade Meng Guiqiu's husband to divorce her but encountered criticism from her family.

The police personnel have changed their attitude. They do not shout at practitioners any longer and have stopped putting corn congee on their faces. Ms. Guo Yajing, a practitioner from Shenyang, had been on a hunger strike for almost 10 months. They released her on February 27, 2006. We must continue to appeal and help free these illegally imprisoned practitioners.