(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Ning Jun was 50 years old and lived on the Xiertiao Road in the Xian District of Mudanjiang City. Mr. Ning had a firm belief in Dafa and was sentenced to forced labor several times. In the labor camp he suffered inhuman torture many times. In September 2002, he was reported to the police for "clarifying truth" in the Mudanjiang City. He was arrested and sent to the Aimin Public Security Subdivision Bureau, where he was tortured until he almost died. The Aimin Public Security Subdivision was notified twice by the detention center that Mr. Ning's condition was critical, but the detention center authorities refused to respond. They sentenced him to five years of forced labor. At the beginning of 2004, Mr. Ning was sent to Mudanjiang Prison. He was in critical condition in the prison in September 2004 and passed away on August 12, 2005.

Mr. Ning Jun was sentenced to forced labor because he appealed on behalf of Falun Gong in Beijing

In September 1999, Mr. Ning Jun went to Beijing with a fellow practitioner to appeal for Falun Gong. He was arrested and sent to the No. 2 Detention Center in Mudanjiang. In December he was transferred to a brainwashing center. Mr. Ning had a firm belief in Dafa. He was sent back to the detention center on January 2, 2000, and sentenced to two years of forced labor.

In July 2000, the Sidao Forced Labor Camp in Mudanjiang forced 20 practitioners to form a "study group." It was actually a brainwashing session in disguise. Policeman Qiu Chen persecuted practitioners by forcing them to execute military drills. When the camp authorities found out that practitioner Mr. Song Yan, who is still in Mudanjiang Prison, possessed a copy of Zhuan Falun, they beat him. Police chief Zhang Junrong and guard Li Longyu searched all the practitioners and beat them. Zhang Junrong personally beat Mr. Ning Jun; he slapped his face and punched him repeatedly. Practitioner Li Qiliang suffered a nervous breakdown and remained mentally disordered due to the persecution.

Because Mr. Ning was so brutally abused in the detention center, he developed peritoneal dropsy, an enlarged abdomen, bloody urine and difficulty walking. When the authorities still could not change his belief, they sent him back to the prison. He was later sent to the hospital and diagnosed with liver problems and peritoneal dropsy. The labor camp had no choice but to release him on medical grounds.

He stayed at home for only five months. Manager Ma Libiao and guard Li Longyu deceived him into going back to the labor camp, where they held him for another nine months. He was finally released on October 11, 2001.

Mr. Ning Jun was reported while clarifying the truth

On September 20, 2002, someone reported Mr. Ning while he was clarifying the truth in Hongqi Hospital. He was tortured day and night, but the police still couldn't get any information from him. When he stated, "You can do nothing to change me, even the labor camp could not change me," the police took him to the labor camp and the people there recognized him. He was transferred to the Aimin Public Security Subdivision Bureau. The police there tortured him for several days and nights. He developed generalized edema as a result. The director of the Political Security Department, who had known Mr. Ning for years, told him, "If you turn in your computer, printer and copy machine, we'll release you." But even after they received the computer, printer, and copy machine, they still held Mr. Ning in the No. 2 Detention Center in Mudanjiang.

Mr. Ning was a target in the No. 2 Detention Center. The director, Liu Jun, and police officer Wang Qiang ordered informer Fu Junhong and three other inmates to monitor Mr. Ning 24 hours a day and to deprive him of sleep. Officer Wang Qiang locked him to the floor with shackles, a procedure used only for death row inmates. The authorities gave him less than two sips of water and one small piece of bun a day. The authorities did not release him until his leg was swollen nearly to the size of his waist.

By the end of 2003, the detention center had notified the Aimin Public Security Subdivision Bureau twice about Mr. Ning's critical condition, but the Bureau refused to respond. Director Liu Jun and policeman Wang Qiang pretended to release him on medical grounds but instead send him to Mudanjiang Prison before he recovered his health.

Mr. Ning was sentenced to five years and sent to Mudanjiang Prison before the 2004 Chinese New Year. In September 2004, he had a physical exam performed by a city hospital. They declared that he was basically dying. The prison administration did not send him to the Public Security Hospital until November, after they had extorted money from Mr. Ning's family.

After coming home, Mr. Ning Jun began studying the Fa and improving his character, sharing experiences and helping fellow practitioners step forward to join the Fa rectification. He continued to clarify the truth about the persecution, to write letters to practitioners in prison, and to help the practitioners who made mistakes in the past. He also contacted practitioners outside the Mudanjiang area, helping everybody to improve together. But the long-term persecution had destroyed his health, and he passed away on August 12, 2005.