(Clearwisdom.net) This is the 7th Chinese New Year since the persecution began in July 20, 1999.

The persecution of Falun Gong by the Chinese Communist party (CCP) has not stopped for a single heartbeat since 1999. Statistics on the Minghui website show that more than 2,813 innocent Falun Gong practitioners have been persecuted to death. At least 6,000 Falun Gong practitioners have been sentenced to illegal prison terms, more than 100,000 Falun Gong practitioners have been sent to labor camps, and several thousand practitioners were sent to mental hospitals, where they were injected with drugs that damage the nervous system. Furthermore, countless Falun Gong practitioners were arrested and taken to local brainwashing centers for persecution. Many have been physically abused and heavily fined. In 2005 alone, more than 392 people died as a result of the persecution.

Many children and seniors were left behind when practitioners were tortured to death. Since September 14, 2004, when Minghui began to collect information about orphans whose parents were tortured to death, 376 orphans, including 56 children under 6 years old, were officially recorded.

At the time when families meet for joyous celebrations, many family members of those tortured to death feel the loss of their parents, spouses, and children deeply.

Below are some of the tragic stories.

1. January 31, 2005 -- the day when Zhuangzhuang's father left this world

As of January 31, 2005, five-year-old Zhuangzhuang, a little boy, lost his father under tragic circumstances. His father, Mr. Pan Xingfu, was persecuted to death for his beliefs. He was the former deputy director of the Telecommunications Exchange Center in Shuangyashan City and also deputy director for the Telecommunications Bureau in Youyi County, Heilongjiang Province. Mr. Pan gave his life for his belief in Falun Dafa, "Truthfulness-Compassion- Forbearance," when he was only 31 years old. Zhuangzhuang's mother, Ms. Zhang Li, was illegally sentenced to nine years in prison in January 2003 and is now imprisoned in the Harbin City Women's Prison, in violation of the Chinese constitution.

Photo of Zhuangzhuang, taken 2 days before his father died

Photo of Mr. Pan Xingfu, Dafa practitioner from Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province

The little boy's father died on January 31, 2005. His mother is illegally imprisoned in Harbin City Women's Prison, for a 9-year term.

On July 8, 2004, Mudanjiang City Jail authorities, to avoid responsibility for his health condition, took Mr. Pan Xingfu to the Shuanyashan City Infectious Diseases Hospital. By then he weighed 40 kg (approximately 86 lbs) and was suffering from grave illnesses. On July 20 Mr. Pan was taken home. In January 2005, Mr. Pan's illness deteriorated. He became even more emaciated and his abdomen was distended severely. At 11:00 p.m. January 31, 2005, Mr. Pan Xingfu died, leaving his sixty four-year-old mother, his five-year-old son and his imprisoned wife alone in this world.

Mr. Pan Xingfu was born on February 25, 1974 in Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province. In 1993, he listened to Mr. Li Hongzhi's lectures and exercise teachings in Wuhan. He graduated from the university in 1994 and was assigned to work in the Network Division, Shuangyashang City Post and Telecommunications Office. A job performance review in1995 earned him the title "Advanced Worker." In 1997, he earned the title "Model Worker" for rejuvenating the city through science and education. In 1998, he earned a title of distinction and was named "Trans-century Specialist." On December 12, 1999, Mr. Pan was granted a title of Telecommunications Engineer. In 2000, he became deputy director of the Telecommunications Exchange Center in Shuangyashan City and also deputy director of the Telecommunications Bureau in Youyi County.

Zhuangzhuang's mother, Zhang Li, also a technical specialist, worked at the same place as his father. She once took part in advanced studies abroad.

Zhuangzhuang was born on October 5, 1999. He was a wonderful little boy. Since Jiang's regime had begun persecuting Dafa, Zhuangzhuang's entire family went to appeal for Falun Gong, clarified the truth, validated Dafa, and was repeatedly persecuted. Zhuangzhuang was thus indirectly persecuted.

On July 19, 2000, authorities from the Political Security Section in Shuangyashan City Police Department, having received a coded telegram from the Provincial Police Department saying that Mr. Pan had accessed Minghui over Internet, illegally detained Mr. Pan and imprisoned him in a detention center for over one month.

On December 28, 2000, Mr. Pan and his family members went to Beijing to appeal. In Tiananmen Square, police kicked and struck him, knocking off his glasses and bruising his fingers.

Later on, Mr. Pan was detained in Tiananmen Square police station, the Shahe Labor Camp and then in the Changhe County police station patrol. On the way back to the Shuangyashan police station, he escaped with the power of his righteous thoughts, but did not return home to avoid further persecution. His mother and his wife, carrying Zhuangzhuang, returned home. Mr. Pan's mother was then arrested by policeman Wang Xuchun from the Wohongqiao Police Station and held in a detention center. She was released four months later.

In order to continue practicing Falun Dafa and to avoid harassment, Mr. Pan's wife left home with ten-month-old Zhuangzhuang. On May 4, 2001, she was unlawfully detained in Baoqing County. Perpetrators were the section chief Han from the Political and Security Section of Baoqing County Police Department and policeman Qiang Gang. In those days, baby Zhuangzhuang had no mother's milk, no father's care, and couldn't see his grandmother. This lasted for a total of four months.

In May 2001, Pan Xingfu and another practitioner, Ji Songshan (Ji Songshan was killed by the Shuangyashan 610 Office on June 18, 2003) were arrested by Shuangyashan Patrol Team officers Xu Hongkai and Shang Ancheng. Since then, Pan Xingfu was imprisoned in the Shuangyashan Detention Center.

At 8:00 a.m. on March 7, 2002, the court heard Mr. Pan's case. His wife and three-year-old Zhuangzhuang were stopped from entering the court. Mr. Pan was illegally sentenced to a five-year term.

On May 15, Mr. Pan's wife Zhang Li was arrested at home. At 3:50 a.m. Mr. Pan's mother was arrested at home, which left three-year-old Zhuangzhuang without care at home.

That same year, Mr. Pan's second oldest brother and his wife were illegally sent to a labor camp.

Mr. Pan Xingfu was detained at four different places during that time. He was first taken to Shuangyashan Detention Center, then Qitaihe Forced Labor Camp, then Suihua Forced Labor Camp and finally to Mudanjiang Forced Labor Camp. He was forced to do many odd jobs -- feeding pigs, making dough, cleaning floors, etc.

On September 18, 2002, his brother, Pan Xingkun was confined in a small cell and forced to sit on a Tiger Bench, for resisting the evil persecution. Police team leader Hao Liangui and deputy leader Fan Xiaodong ordered inmate Zeng Lingjun to cruelly beat Pan Xingkun. Then, Ji Feng, the labor camp director, told the police to turn up a tape player to the maximum volume to keep Pan Xingkun from sleeping.

In January 2003, Pan Xingfu's wife Zhang Li was illegally sentenced to a nine-year prison term and was sent to Harbin City Women's Prison in April.

One day in June 2004, three years after his detention, Pan Xingfu suddenly fainted and his health deteriorated from then on. On June 18, 2004, he was taken to the police hospital in Mudanjiang City and was hospitalized as a TB in-patient. He was diagnosed as having pleurisy and lung tissue damage. Mr. Pan's body was very weak. He could not even go to the toilet by himself. On July 8, 2004, Mudanjiang Prison authorities sent Pan Xingfu to the Shuangyashan City Infectious Diseases Hospital. At that time he weighed only around 40 kg (approximately 86 lbs). Even his 64-year-old mother could carry him on her back.

Mr. Pan Xingfu was set free after he was grossly abused and tormented to the brink of death in Mudanjiang City Jail.

On July 20, 2004, Pan Xingfu was sent home. While at home he ate only a little each day, walked by supporting himself along the wall, and had difficulty breathing during the night. At the end of January 2005, Pan Xingfu's condition suddenly deteriorated. He continued to lose weight and his abdomen distended badly. Pan Xingfu died on January 31, 2005 at 11:00 p.m., leaving his deeply beloved mother, five-year-old son and his imprisoned wife behind.

2. In less than 3 years, 10-year-old Liu Mohan lost his father and grandfather

Falun Gong practitioner Liu Chengjun of Nongan County, Jilin Province was tortured to death on December 26, 2003. His son Liu Mohan is ten years old and a student in Class 5, Grade 5 at Ernong Elementary School in Jiutai City, Jilin Province.

Liu Chengtai passed away on March 28, 2005, less than two years after his son, Liu Chengjun was tortured to death for broadcasting truth clarification videos on cable TV in Changchun City.

Mr. Liu Changtai, 67 years old, lived in Nongan County, Jilin Province. His son Liu Chengjun, 33 years old, broadcasted truth clarification videos about Dafa along with several other practitioners in Changchun City and Songyuan City on March 5, 2002. He was sentenced to 19 years in prison and held at Jilin Prison, where he was savagely tortured. His legs were disabled from torture and he could not walk. After 21 months of nightmarish abuse he passed away at 4:30 a.m. on December 26, 2003 at Jilin University Sino-Japanese Hospital. The authorities cremated his body at 10:40 a.m., despite protests from his family.

An April 1, 2002, photo of Mr. Chengjun Liu in police custody. Liu was unable to sit up on his own and had to lean against the wall. There were bloodstains on his shirt. (Source: China News)

Liu Changtai's wife fainted, crying, and Liu Changtai developed an egg yolk-sized blister in his throat that almost suffocated him. The elderly couple's condition didn't improve until after they had received more than 20 days of medical treatment. They were heartbroken.

Liu Changtai wrote a letter to the various levels of the government saying, "I want justice or I will not be able to spend the rest of my days in peace! I just cannot understand how someone who was simply being a good person could be brutally murdered this way. Where is the law and where is justice in this large country? I can't imagine what methods they used to kill my son, as I saw blood coming out of my son's nostrils, ears and thighs. Why?"

After Liu Chengjun was tortured to death, the perpetrators went to his home to monitor and harass his family. Liu Changtai's daughter Liu Lin was arrested by officers from the Beijing City Police Department on December 17, 2004 and was not allowed family visits.

3. Only two were left behind -- a teenage girl and her great-grand father, from a formerly happy family of five people

Falun Dafa practitioner Mrs. He Guizhi was 82 years old and lived in Hua'nan County, Heilongjiang Province. Her grandson and granddaughter-in-law were both tortured to death for practicing Falun Dafa. She had nowhere to go to find justice. She lost her eyesight and died brokenhearted on December 3, 2003. Her 82-year-old husband and great granddaughter, Sun Yubo, who became destitute, survived her.

Mr. Sun Jihong's Grandparents He Guizhi and Sun Xueren

Mr. Sun Jihong, his wife Yuan Hezhen, and their daughter Sun Yubo

Mrs. He Guizhi (and her husband) lived with their grandson Sun Jihong. After practicing Falun Dafa since 1996, many of her ailments such as asthma, pulmonary emphysema, and bronchitis were all cured. She lived a happy and content life. Beginning with July 20, 1999 when the persecution of Falun Gong began, the police constantly came and harassed them at their house, and caused Mrs. He Guizhi's health to deteriorate. Her grandson Sun Jihong used to be the Hua'nan Forestry Police Station Director, but he was arrested and detained many times due to firmly believing in Truthfulness, Benevolence, and Forbearance. On September 25, 2002, Mr. Sun Jihong was arrested and detained again in the Fengtai District Police Station, Beijing. Four days later, on September 29, 2003, he was tortured to death by police. His body showed that he was cruelly beaten. There was a hole between his eyebrows, and two more holes on his chin. There wasn't any healthy skin on his body due to the brutal beatings (see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/9/19/65087.html).

Mr. Sun Jihing's wife used to work for the Hua'nan County Forestry Commercial Bank as a manager. She was arrested and detained in May 2002 in Beijing. She was brutally beaten, handcuffed, and force-fed in the detention center. That damaged her health severely, and caused her death in July 2003.

Three members of Mrs. He Guizhi's family of five were killed by the CCP's evil persecution, and now only 82-year old Mr. Sun Xueren and his great granddaughter Sun Yubo are left. After Mr. Sun Jihong was murdered, officials from Beijing gave them only twenty thousand yuan in compensation. Mr. Sun Xueren wants to sue those responsible for such a brutal killing to the Higher Court in Beijing. He tried to find a lawyer to help, but failed due to interference from the CCP. Mr. Sun wants to expose his family tragedy internationally.

3. Ms. Yu Zhenghong was tortured to death; her husband and child left behind in deep anguish

Practitioner Ms. Yu Zhenghong, a resident of Siqian Village, Songcun Town, Wendeng City, Shandong Province, was detained and tortured many times for practicing Falun Gong.

"Around 6:30 a.m. on September 27, a dozen agents from Wendeng 610 Office, including Liu, Xiang Hongping and Sun Guohai, ransacked our home and arrested my wife. They sent her to Wendeng Detention Center. They used despicable means to attempt to force her to give up practicing Dafa, and she went on a hunger strike. She was taken to the same hospital again on the 12th day to be force-fed. On the 14th day she was tortured to the brink of death and then transferred to Wendeng Central Hospital. The hospital staff asked to locate her family, but the 610 Office agents denied their request. After a medical exam, my wife was diagnosed with high blood pressure and severe heart disease. On the 15th day they were afraid she would die at Wendeng Detention Center, so they released her. My wife never recovered, and she passed away around 10 p.m. on November 17, 2005 (at the age of 43)."

Her husband said with great sorrow in his heart and voice: "After practicing Falun Gong in the summer of 1997, my wife became healthier day by day. After some time all of her previous illnesses were gone. She could do any amount of work, and could return to work in the factory. Life at home also improved. Previously, I insulted and beat people I didn't like. However, after practicing Falun Gong, I conducted myself according to the principles taught by our Teacher of Truth, Compassion, Forbearance, and this helped greatly improve my moral character.

The good times didn't last though. After July 20, 1999, Falun Gong suffered a terrible wrong. One day in October 1999 around 10 p.m., Xing Shuwu and Yu Jincheng and a group of people from the Songcun Town police station came to Wendeng. These people broke into our home and stole Master's picture and all of our Dafa materials. In addition, they illegally arrested my wife. They cuffed her to a chair in the freezing winter weather for 24 hours. I went to ask for her release, and they asked me to write a guarantee statement to promise that she would never practice Falun Gong again or appeal for Falun Gong. I wrote it against my better judgment. After that I never saw my wife smile again."

4. After Mr. Fei Zhongrun was beaten to death, his father in 80s, his jobless wife, and a 3-month old baby girl were left behind

Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Fei Chongrun, formerly called Fei Weidong, 41 years old, was nearly six feet tall and very healthy. At noon on October 18, 2005, he clarified the truth when buying a motorcycle at the Yongfeng Vehicle Shop at No. 335 West Lushan Road in Jiujiang County. The shop owner turned him over to the police. The police arrived and quickly closed the shutters before beating Fei Chongrun to death.

Fei Chongrun is survived by his 80-year-old father, his three-month-old daughter, and his unemployed wife. At this time, the police are refusing to investigate the murder

Fei Chongrun's body was full of injuries. His lips were swollen and there were bloodstains on the corners of the mouth. Two of his front teeth were missing and one tooth was broken. There was a semi-circle shaped wound on his right temple caked with dry blood. About one inch above this wound was a circular wound about 0.6 inches in diameter. The flesh on that wound was caved in and covered with blood. There was a red abrasion wound below the left shoulder, scratch wounds on both elbows, and dirt on both knees. These wounds show that Fei Chongrun sustained bodily injuries in the front and back, and on both the right and left sides.

Fei Chongrun's family also saw wounds in his private area, which was black and blue. Fei Chongrun's family asked the shop owner Hong Ying about this incident, but Hong Ying and the police insisted that Fei Chongrun "fell to his death." Considering the area of Fei Chongrun's injuries on his entire body, especially the severe injuries around and in his mouth and on his temple, how could he have knocked out two of his front teeth while injuring his right side? How could there be so many bleeding wounds?

On October 21, perpetrators from the Jiujiang County Police Department, the Politics and Judicial System and the court who have been persecuting Falun Gong for a long time, formed a group and played the "mediator." Perpetrators from the Jiujiang County Police Department and the Politics and Law Committee each gave Fei Chongrun's family 10,000 Yuan and claimed the money came from shop owner Hong Run.

On October 22, four coroners from Jiujiang City and Jiujiang County and two doctors from a hospital performed Fei Chongrun's autopsy and said the result would not come out until one month later. During this period, Fei Chongrun's family inquired several times but was told, "If you keep inquiring like this, you'll probably have to return the 20,000 Yuan!" Fei Chongrun's family thus became silent. No further investigation was conducted into the cause of Fei Chongrun's death, and the case was thus closed.

The death of Mr. Fei left his father in 80s, his jobless wife, and a 3-month old baby girl behind. The three cannot support themselves, and they are destitute.

More tragedies like these are still happening.