Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Liu Changling, an engineer from the Qiuji Coal Mine of Qihe County in Shandong Province, was arrested and detained numerous times after the CCP started to persecute Falun Dafa in July 1999. Mr. Liu passed away on July 22, 2005, at the age of 56. Just over a month before he passed away, Mr. Liu was still under surveillance and was almost arrested.

While Mr. Liu Changling was alive, he worked hard and was never upset by criticism. He enjoyed helping others and was favorably thought of by his colleagues. After the persecution started, Mr. Liu Changling was illegally arrested numerous times. On July 20, 1999, Mr. Liu Changling was detained for over one week by the police officers of his work unit under orders from the Qihe County Police Department.

In December 2000, when Mr. Liu was exercising his right as a citizen to appeal, he was arrested and held in the Qihe County Detention Center. Later the Qihe County Public Security Branch authorities took him to a forced labor camp. He was found to be not qualified based on the physical exam, and the forced labor camp rejected him. Only then did the government authorities give up the continued torture.

In the fall of 2002, Mr. Liu was again detained. This time he was subjected to brainwashing for more than ten days. In the spring of 2003, Mr. Liu was once more put through brainwashing and his spirit suffered greatly. The CCP's incessant, high-pressured persecution greatly injured Mr. Liu's body and soul. Finally, he was no longer able to bear it. He started to show illness symptoms and passed away.

The former head of the Public Security Branch, Zhang Guofeng (male), fabricated charges in order to extort illegal fines from Falun Dafa practitioners. According to an incomplete estimate, by the end of 2003, the Dezhou Brainwashing Center and the Qihe County Police Department had extorted over 70,000 yuan from more than 10 practitioners. On September 27, 2005, the police officers from the Punishment and Investigation Department of the Qihe County Police Department broke open the door of the house where practitioner Mr. Meng Lijun was living and took him away. Two other practitioners, Mr. Yu Chuanqi and Mr. Sun Yinsheng from Yanggu County of Liaocheng City, were also arrested.

Relevant personnel:

Deputy Head of Qihe County (in charge of persecution of Falun Dafa) Fang Shishun (male)

CCP Deputy Secretary of Qihe County (in charge of persecution of Falun Dafa) Huo Yuping (female)

Switchboard of the Qihe County Police Department: 86-534-5321305 ext. Public Security Branch or the Director's Office

Director of the Police Department Zhang Aiguo (male)

Deputy Director Liu Jianying (male)

Head of the Public Security Branch Huang Jinlong (male): 86-534-5600986 (Home), 86-13706391686 (Cell)

Deputy Head of the Public Security Branch Dong Qiang (male): 86-534-5325009 (Home)

The CCP Political and Judicial Committee (the 610 Office): 86-534-5321412

CCP Secretary of the Political and Judicial Committee Yang Maoting (female)

CCP Deputy Secretary of the Political and Judicial Committee Zhang Chunhai (male)

The Qihe County Detention Center: 86-534-5621262