Taipei, Taiwan: Stories from a Parade Supporting the 16 Million CCP Withdrawals
(Clearwisdom.net) On December 2, 2006, although it was drizzling and the temperature was dropping steadily, enthusiasm was strong in people from all areas of Taiwan to participate in a parade in Taipei to support 16 million Chinese people quiting from the Communist Party and its peripheral organizations. Here are some stories collected at the rally and parade.
- Mrs. Chou from Guanyin is a Falun Gong practitioner. Today, she sent two children to participate in Minghui School's waist drum team. The elder one is in second grade in middle school and the younger one is fifth grade in elementary school. Both of them have practiced Falun Gong for five years. Mrs. Chou said the children have improved a lot in day to day life and rarely have any quarrels with other students. Since practicing Falun Dafa, their health has improved too. The little girl used to have asthma and often needs to go to hospital. After taking a lot of medicine and seeing many doctors, her asthma was not getting any better. Since she began to practice Falun Gong, she only uses her medical card to get her teeth cleaned; she doesn't need to see other doctors. The changes in her children made her feel happy from the bottom of her heart and full of appreciation to Falun Dafa. She said she was honored to have her children join this meaningful activity.
- A member of the Divine Land Marching Band: a 3rd grade elementary school girl from Kaoshiung City. She began to learn the clarinet in October. She had no prior experience but she practiced a lot on Sundays and finally mastered the music. The young girl said she started to practice Falun Gong in the first grade. When she was asked where she saw the biggest change in herself after practicing Falun Gong, she answered that she followed the principle of Truthfulness Compassion and Tolerance in school and is not easily contaminated by the bad environment. She said happily that she had learned two songs, "Falun Dafa is good" and "Drums and Trumpets Shake the World in Ten Directions ".
- Member of Divine Land Marching Band 2: Mrs. Lu from Taipei City. Mrs. Lu has four members of her family practicing Falun Gong and she has a harmonious family. Her husband is a member of the NTDTV Flag and Drum team and participated in many NTDTV performances both overseas and domestic. Mrs. Lu said she was so lucky to be able to join the band. She had not played any music instrument before. Many other members are old people and young children who didn't even know how to read music. Even the director is new. At the beginning, the director and band players couldn't keep together. But they merged into one body in a short period of time and performed successfully. She was surprised and believed it came from the wisdom after practicing Falun Gong. When she was asked how players selected their instruments, she said people pick their favorite ones at beginning. But since the number is limited, practitioners will do what the band needs and give up their ego so that the band had a perfect performance.
- Member of Divine Land Marching Band 3: Mr. Su from Yunlin. Su has performed in several parades in Hong Kong but he said this time it was different. There are more players, the music is more difficult, and the time is limited: only two months to prepare. It definitely requires determination and confidence. His son is in 5th grade and had not played any instrument before but now he can play clarinet and oboe. Once the band was practicing, he heard a practitioner said the instrument in his hand has changed owners three times. He meant it was difficult to play. At first, Su wanted to pick an instrument easy to play but the band only had some French Horn positions to fill. The French Jorn is more difficult but he overcame the difficulty and passed the test to join the performance.
- Member of Divine Land Marching band 4: Mrs. Luo, a 68 year old retired teacher from Yangmei. Shortly before the performance started, she accepted a quick interview. Luo said she only received the musical instrument one week ago and she had not played it before. But she learned and passed the test to join the performance in a short time. It was surprising.
- Miss Liao operates a soft drink store along the street. With no customers in the store at this time, she came out to watch the parade. She said Communist China is a country without human rights. She had read a story about mainland Chinese are eating aborted fetuses, a by-product of the Communist Party's one-child policy. She calls it cannibalism and it makes her upset. She mentioned that she heard the CCP harvests organs from living Falun Gong practitioners and expressed her sympathy. She said there is no fault in practicing a peaceful exercise, but it was a miserable life to live in a country without freedom of belief. In the end, she said she was so lucky to live in Taiwan, a free country, and expressed her support to this event.
- Grandpa Chen and his wife were watching the parade on the sidewalk. He said he knew a lot about the CCP's live organ harvesting from Falun Gong practitioners in mainland China. "TV and radio had reported it already." Even the Chinese Communist Party explained that a large amount of organs are from death penalty criminals. Many people know about the Communist Party's big lies. Chen supported the parade and wish China can abandon CCP tyranny so that peace will come to the strait. "I have a neighbor couple. They are teachers and they practice Falun Gong. Very nice people and you can see they are good people from the first glance." Chen said. Grandpa Chen said he wanted to learn Falun Gong too.