(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Li Chaorong, 73, is from Guangxi Province. Because she continues to cultivate Falun Dafa, she has been frequently detained, followed, harassed, and had her house ransacked since July 20, 1999. Her everyday life has been gravely disrupted. Her harassers include officials from the Beiliu City Public Security Bureau, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Political and Judiciary Committee, the 610 Office, the Songhua Police Station, and the Beiliu City Detention Center.

On October 2, 1999, Ms. Li went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. She was arrested, taken back to the local police station, and detained for 15 days to force her to give in. Because she did not cooperate, she was sent to the Beiliu City Detention Center and was detained there for over a month. She was made to undergo brainwashing and was threatened with having her two sons, who work for the same employer, fired. The authorities exhausted all their tactics and failed to reach their goal. Finally, she was released after they extorted 3000 yuan from her sons.

In February 2002, police officers Huang Wenyuan, Liang Wenzhao, He Qihua, Qiu Ruiqing, and Xiao Bin from the Public Security Bureau of Beiliu City broke into Ms. Li's house and confiscated Falun Dafa books and truth-clarification materials. They arrested her and detained her unlawfully for 23 days.

In April 2003, she brought some truth-clarification materials with her when she went to her hometown in Rong County. She was followed by plainclothes police and was arrested on her way there. She was sent to the local police station in Rong County and to the police department for interrogation. Because she did not cooperate, she was sentenced by the Rong County Police Department to one year on parole.

In July 2003, Li Chaorong happened to be distributing truth-clarification material near the office door of the CCP director of the Beiliu City Police Department. The director saw her, cursed her, and pushed the 73-year-old woman several meters until she fell down. The next day, policemen Gan Quanlin, Lu Shanxing, Xiao Bin, and Qiu Ruiqing ransacked her house and detained her for six days.

In 2003, two days before National Mourning Day (National Day of Communist China), Ms. Li Chaorong was arrested by plainclothes police when she was distributing truth-clarification materials in Lizhi Park, Beiliu City. Several hours later, she was released with righteous thoughts.

On September 28, 2006, Pang Lin and Yang Jie from the Songhua Police Station attempted to arrest Ms. Li Chaorong on a road by grabbing her bicycle and handbag. She resisted with all her might. Later, the police deployed over twenty officers. They beat Ms. Li so badly that she spat blood. They searched her and took the key to her house. They unlawfully opened the door of her house and confiscated all the Falun Dafa books, materials, Fa-lecture audio cassettes, and also an exercise video, Teacher's portrait, Falun Dafa badges, moon-cakes, some fragrance, wristwatches, a sun hat, and cash. Li Chaorong was taken to the Songhua Police Station for interrogation. She steadfastly refused to cooperate and was detained for over a month. She was later released with righteous thoughts.

Li Chaorong has now been missing for several days. It was said that she was arrested again a few days ago. Details of her situation need further investigation.