(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Song Weijuan is from Nantong City, Jiangsu Province. She was illegally sentenced to ten and a half years in prison because she continued practicing Falun Gong. Now detained at the Nanjing Women's Prison, she is extremely weak from the long-term slave labor and mental torture, and she hasn't received any rest or medical treatment at all. Below is a recount of her brutal persecution during the past few years.

Born in 1961, Ms. Song teaches at the Nantong City Health School. In 1996, she began practicing Falun Gong and started cultivation following the principle of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. She works responsibly and has been awarded the titles of "Advanced Teacher" and "Outstanding Teacher."

Since the illegal ban of Falun Gong in China began on July 20, 1999, Ms. Song has been undergoing unimaginable physical and mental torture. When the persecution began, her son was in primary school and was only ten years old. Now seven years have passed and the child should be in college, yet his mother is still subjected to persecution. Since his second year in an advanced-placement junior high school, the boy was forced by the police to discontinue his studies.

After July 20, 1999, Ms. Song Weijuan went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, but was detained there unlawfully. The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has persecuted her ever since.

In late June 2000, Ms. Song was arrested again and sent to a forced labor camp for eighteen months. She was savagely tortured at the Judong Women's Forced Labor Camp in Jiangsu Province. Moreover, she was subjected to brainwashing by former practitioners who had gone astray. Almost every day, Ms. Song suffered humiliation, revilement and various newly invented torture methods. The police deprived her of sleep for several consecutive days. Failing to make her turn against Dafa, a group of five to six policemen shocked her with high-voltage electric batons simultaneously, until she was covered with injuries and on the brink of death. During her year and a half of incarceration there, the police in the Judong Forced Labor Camp persecuted her every single day.

In late 2001, Ms. Song's term was up, but in lieu of releasing Ms. Song, the 610 Office staff sent her directly to the Langshan Brainwashing Center in Nantong City. After several months of detention, misled by collaborators' wicked theories and deviant ideas to give up sentimentality toward Master, Ms. Song was eventually "reformed" and released. After returning home and studying the Fa, she quickly realized her serious mistake. So many tribulations and suffering hadn't deterred her determination in cultivation, yet the lies from those collaborators were able to defeat her. She felt too ashamed to live and felt so much pain that she didn't eat or sleep for five whole days. However, she rectified her path quickly and returned to the wave of validating the Fa and saving people.

In November 2002, Ms. Song was arrested a third time while distributing truth-clarification materials. She was locked up in the Nantong Detention Center. After getting out by using righteous thoughts, she went to borrow some money from an acquaintance but was reported. Later, the police hung her up by her handcuffed wrists and beat her. For eight days and nine nights, they tortured her and even broke bones in her toes. Some police even held her down to the ground and stuffed her mouth with toilet paper soaked with menstrual blood.

In court, Ms. Song defended for herself openly and uprightly, but still received an illegal sentence of five and a half years. Even worse, the police falsified new documents and gave her ten and a half years in prison instead, on the grounds that she "didn't have a good attitude."

Currently Ms. Song is detained at the No. 6 Ward of Nanjing Women's Prison. The practitioners resisting "transformation" are subjected to all sorts of mental torture there. A guard named Huang Fengying was particularly vicious. She used to be in charge of persecuting the Falun Gong practitioners there. She had many ways to cruelly torment people. She even boasted that since she became a policewoman, she had never met anyone whom she could not subdue. Prisoners in the No. 6 Ward are all afraid of her. As soon as they see her, they become very scared. On one occasion she personally beat practitioner Huang Lijun almost to death because she would not give up practicing Falun Gong. She has also ordered and connived with two collaborators, Dong Jing and Wang Xiaoqing, to violently beat Huang Lijun. Moreover, Huang Fengying often openly humiliated and abused practitioners who refused to be "transformed." Any show of resistance and she would torment practitioners as a way of entertainment. Practitioners who were divorced because of the persecution or who are still single could also become her target. Huang Fengying's working language is very malicious and base.

While in the No. 6 Ward, Huang Fengying has urged Ms. Song's husband to divorce her. But all her malicious plots have ended up in vain. She then made threatening phone calls to Ms Song's home and her child's school. The harassment scared the young boy so much that he simply couldn't continue his studies, but had to hide at home. When their family friends brought food to him, he did not dare to open the door and almost collapsed. Consequently a very smart boy has lost his education.

Before she started cultivation, Ms. Song Weijuan suffered from heart disease and other illnesses, but she fully recovered thereafter. However, due to long-term persecution in the labor camp, she had a relapse of her heart disease. Since she kept on practicing Falun Gong, the police forced her to do sewing jobs on a streamlined coordination production system. When she was too weak to work and needed a break, Huang Fengying abused her and subjected her to an hour-long standing punishment. Even other prisoners working nearby were intimidated by the scene. As a result, Ms. Song's health deteriorated and she fainted. In the past, Falun Gong practitioners had been persecuted to death in the Nanjing Women's Prison and the police always kept an eye on Ms. Song. If someone went over to see her, they would be reported and rebuked by the prison guards.

In late 2005, Ms. Song's father could no longer stand the suppression and died of illness. Before his death, he was not able to see his daughter. Now Ms. Song's mother, who is over 80 years old is left at home and she cries because she doesn't know if she will be able to see her daughter again before she dies.

The Nanjing Women's Prison authorities would stop selling personal necessities and force longer work hours on prisoners or practitioners who showed even a little disobedience. In winter, they forced practitioners to stand still in a windy passageway. In the summer, they forced practitioners to run in the blazing sun until someone collapsed. The police sometimes arbitrarily canceled family visit time or took away a practitioner's right to monthly communication with relatives. Moreover, they hung practitioners up with handcuffs, locked them up in small cells or applied all sorts of other methods of torture. Because of her brutal persecution of Falun Gong practitioners, Huang Fengying was promoted to become the deputy head of No. 3 Ward.

The Nanjing Women's Prison in Jiangsu Province

Address: 9 Ningshuang Road, Tiexinqiao Town, Nanjing City, Zip code 210012

Prison director: Mao Jun (female)

No. 6 Ward: Previous head: Qian Zhi; current head: Ye Ning; deputy head: Qiu Tong

Officers in charge of Falun Gong issues: Qiu Tong, Meng Tianshu

Tel: 86-25-52353956, 86-25-52353917

November 11, 2006