(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. He Tengxiu, 61 years old, lives in Longyan Village, Denshuang Township in Xinjin County. She began to study Falun Dafa in 1997. Like other practitioners, she did everything according to "Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance" and experienced great physical and mental benefits. Her old illnesses of many years�"breast and nasal cancer, thyroid disease, heart problem and others�"all disappeared in a short time without medication.

However, starting on July 20, 1999, Jiang Zemin used agents from the CCP to persecute Falun Gong, and Ms. He Tengxiu has been subjected to persecution.

Ms. He went to Beijing on March 16, 2000, to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. She was arrested at Tiananmen Square and detained at the Chengdu City Police Department Liaison Office in Beijing, where police officers punched and kicked her. Her money, 1,201 yuan, was taken away. On March 17, 2000 she was sent back to Xinjin and illegally detained for 15 days. Then she was incarcerated at a county detention center for 30 days and released after paying 10,000 yuan. The day after she return home, she was deceived into appearing at Baoshan Village to undergo brainwashing for seven days. On June 29, 2000, police from Wujin Township arrested her and another 17 practitioners while they were doing the Falun Gong exercises. They were handcuffed to the concrete floor at the township police station and then exposed to the scorching sun for eight hours. No food or water was provided, and they were not permitted to use the toilet. After this physical abuse they transferred her to a 40-day stay at a detention center.

On December 27, 2000, Ms. He went to Beijing a second time. She was arrested, detained in Yanqing County in Beijing for one night, and was released the next day. After her release, she returned to Tiananmen Square again. She unfurled banners reading, "Falun Dafa is good! Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is good!" and shouted, "Falun Dafa is good! Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is good!" The police beat her and convinced her to stay in a hotel for 100 yuan, but the hotel kicked her out immediately after the police left. She ended up staying on the street that night. The third day she went back to Tiananmen to open up the banner and was brutally beaten by Beijing police. She was pushed into a bus and taken to a police station nearby, and then to Menwango.

On the way to Menwango, she opened the banners through the window. When another practitioner opened another banner, the police found out and started beating the other practitioner. Ms. He tried to stop the police, but she was also beaten. She was forced to take off her coat and other clothing at the Menwango Police Station, leaving her in her underwear. It was a cold winter in northern China. Following the 15-day illegal detention at Menwango, Ms. He was dropped off at Pingguoyan. Her last 200 yuan were taken from her, and she ended up eating snow to stay alive.

In 2001 she went to Yanglai Township in Qionglai City to hand out Dafa materials. She was arrested when someone reported her activities to the police and detained at the Qionglai Police Station for 30 days. Wujin Township Police Station deputy head Zhang Xiaolan came and picked her up. She was detained at the Wujin Township Police Station for another 30 days.

That same year, four days before the Chinese New Year, police officer Kong Guelin and eight other officers broke into Ms. He’s home, entering through the window. They forced her to get in a car. Her clothing was torn and one of her shoes was lost during the scuffle. She arrived at the Wujin Township Police Station at 10:00 p.m. By then, six practitioners were already there. She was spent the first night barefoot on the concrete floor and had no food on New Year’s Day.

After being detained for a month, Ms. He and the other two practitioners were sent to the Henshuang Township brainwashing center. She was eventually detained for another eight months because she insisted on the practice and did not give up her belief.

On July 4, 2003, Ms. He distributed truth flyers in Taiping Township and was arrested after someone reported her. She was brutally beaten by police officer Zhang Shuiyuan from the Taiping Police Station. She attempted to stop them from verbally abusing Dafa and Master. This led to her being handcuffed to a tree. She was forbidden to sleep. Later on she was handcuffed between two motorcycles. Police officers said, "We want to test your talent. In the past, you could open the handcuffs without the key. Now we have locked you to motorcycles; see if you can unlock them or drag the motorcycles with you." She was detained for 17 days. On October 14, 2003, the police deceived her into going to the Justice Bureau, where they arrested her again. Detained for 45 days, she was sentenced to three years in prison. She served the term at Chuanxi Prison beginning on November 14, 2003, and suffered more persecution. She was released on October 2, 2006.