(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioners Mr. Meng Qingzhen and Ms. Zhao Yuhua, a married couple from Fengjia Village, Longjiang County, Heilongjiang Province were arrested, sent to forced labor camp, hounded by the police, and eventually forced to stay away from home. Their teenage daughter suffered a heart attack when they were being persecuted and died in sorrow, as her parents were not able to take care of her.

Ms. Zhao and her husband were fortunate to obtain Dafa in 1998. Mr. Meng had been suffering from an ulcer, migraine headache, kidney disease, arthritis and other illnesses. All of his illnesses disappeared within three months of his starting cultivation practice. Ms. Zhao had heart problems, a blood vessel infection, and other illnesses, and she was in great pain. Her illnesses also went away within one month of her beginning cultivation. She was elated. The whole family enjoyed a happy life and became more steadfast than ever in their cultivation. They followed the requirement of Dafa and worked hard to improve their moral character and be good people.

On October 9, 2000, Ms. Zhao and her husband Meng Qingzhen took a bus to Tiananmen Square to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. But before they could unfurl the banner that they had brought with them, 7 to 8 policemen rushed up and snatched it away. The policemen knocked them down and kept beating them. One policeman savagely kicked Mr. Meng's private area. The police dragged them into the police car and kept beating them, all the way to the Tiananmen Police Station.

Later, the Longjiang County Police Department brought them back and continued to persecute the couple locally. Ms. Zhao was illegally detained for forty days. Mr. Meng was held for eight days and then sent to the forced labor camp in Fuyu County for a year.

In mid-October 2000, when Ms. Zhao and Mr. Meng were illegally detained, Fengjiang Village Chief Sun Chengyi, Qing Li and others went to Ms. Zhao's home and took away 150 pounds of soybeans. They also extorted several hundred yuan from Mr. Meng's father.

After Ms. Zhao returned home after being held for forty days, the town secretary Gao Baomin and others went to her house to harass her. They demanded 1,000 yuan from her to bail out Mr. Meng. When she refused, she was arrested and detained for a month, and was subsequently sent to Shuanghe Forced Labor Camp in Qi City for one year. Her two kids, a nine-year-old and a twelve-year-old, were left behind with no one to take care of them. A few weeks after Ms. Zhao was taken away, the village secretary Gao Baomin secretly sold ten acres of her land.

In May 2001, Ms. Zhao was released, but the police came right away to harass and threaten her. Ms. Zhao insisted on telling the facts about Falun Gong to people. The police put her on a wanted list, and she was forced to stay away from home starting in 2002.

Because of the continuous persecution, the couple's children lived in a state of constant terror. They were under tremendous stress. Their daughter suffered a heart attack due to the anxiety and fear she felt for her parents. She was unable to see her mother before passing away. Hearing the news of her death, the police took it as a good opportunity to arrest Ms. Zhao. They waited near her house around the clock. Forced away from home and enduring the loss of a daughter, Ms. Zhao is exhausted both mentally and physically. Although she is only in her thirties, all of her teeth became loose and eventually fell out.