(Clearwisdom.net) Hu Dongxiang, head of the 610 Office, and other officials of the local Chinese Communist Party of Hesheng Township, Wenjiang District, Chengdu City, Sichuan Province, participated in the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. Since the persecution began on July 20, 1999, they have sent eight people to forced labor camps and dozens of practitioners to detention centers.

On January 9, 2000, the town government, led by party secretary Huang Hongshi, Hu Dongxiang, head of the local 610 Office, and other officials, rounded up Falun Gong practitioners in that area and forced them to watch TV programs smearing Falun Dafa. However, practitioners resisted the brainwashing attempt. Before the meeting was over, Yang Biqin forced all of the practitioners to sign on the roll before they were released. Practitioner Zhang Liuqing didn't sign and was taken away.

Since that time, practitioner Yang Qunyin has been constantly harassed at her home, and sometimes at her school, by a number of officials. Those officials were: Sun Xuecheng, head of the CCP of the township government, Zhang Jian, head of the township, Huang Hongshi, official from the Organization Department of the CCP, and Zhang Zhuming, school principal, as well as village officials Wang Jun, Li Bingwen, Yang Daiqun, and Wang Biru. Several times, they forced Ms. Yang to undergo brainwashing sessions at the township government office in an attempt to force her to give up her belief in Falun Dafa. However, at each brainwashing session, Ms. Yang clarified the truth of Falun Dafa. Despite her efforts, the officials did not stop the harassment.

Ms. Yang Qunyin, 60, is a kindergarten teacher residing in Shiba Village, Hesheng Township, Wenjiang Disctrict of Chengdu City. Before she started practicing Falun Gong in 1997, Ms. Yang had various diseases and lived a miserable life. This kind of health condition had lasted for over two decades. After she began practicing Falun Dafa, she lived by the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance." Her character elevated constantly and her illnesses were gone. She had deep gratitude to Falun Dafa for giving her a second life.

On March 25, 2000, in order to clarify the truth about Falun Dafa, Ms. Yang and five other practitioners went to Beijing to appeal. They arrived at Tiananmen Square on March 28 and were arrested by the police and sent to the Sichuan Representative Office in Beijing. The practitioners sat on the ground through the night. The following day, at noon, Hu Dongxiang, an official from the 610 Office of the township, and policeman Wang Jingshan confiscated all of the Dafa practitioners' money. They illegally marshaled them back to Chengdu under detainment, not giving them anything to eat all the way. On March 30, Feng Zhuyong, an official from the township police station, asked Ms. Yang her reason for going to Beijing. Ms. Yang answered that she went to Beijing to let the Central Government know that Falun Dafa was good and the practitioners should be allowed to continue practicing Falun Gong. Ms. Yang was then detained for fifteen days.

Hu Dongxiang, head of the 610 Office of the township, and police officer Wang came to the Detention Unit. They asked each practitioner if they were going to continue practicing Falun Gong. All six practitioners responded, "Yes." Hu then said viciously, "Okay, then you can practice there (in the Detention Unit)." In the Detention Unit, policeman Leng Junqing and several other officers took pictures of the practitioners. Policeman Leng also read out newspaper articles that slandered Falun Dafa.

The six practitioners were illegally detained for 30 days and forced to do labor work. They each had to peel approximately 5 kilograms of very thin copper wires. They were given rice mixed with rat droppings and vegetables tainted with human waste. The officers also forced the practitioners to recite the prison regulations. The practitioners refused to cooperate and instead clarified the truth about Falun Dafa to the other prisoners. Chen Sudi, an official from the CCP Organization Department of the township, interrogated Ms. Yang Qunyin twice and attempted to force her to give up cultivation. Ms. Yang responded, "I will not waver and will stick to Dafa cultivation." After 30 days of detainment, Ms. Yang was carted back to the township government office building, where she was forced to stand in the courtyard for several hours under the hot sun before being released.

In June 2006, Ms. Yang Qunyin was surrounded and attacked by several officials, who demanded that she denounce Dafa cultivation. On June 29, she was called to the government office and tortured for an entire day and night. She was made to sit in the conference room all night while being bitten by mosquitoes and bugs. On the morning of June 30, the CCP officers called most of the Dafa practitioners to the court government office. In the afternoon, they started beating the practitioners continually for four days. On July 2, Ms. Yang was taken to the township government office by village officials Li Bingwen, Yang Daiqun, Xu Defu, and others. At the same time, some CCP officials were beating practitioner Zhang Qingshu. Ms. Yang was hit and kicked by the head of the 610 Office Hu Dongxiang and was forced to pay over 500 yuan. In late July, Ms. Yang was again called to the office of the CCP Organization Department. CCP officials Wang Deyuan and Wang Bo (father and son) announced that they would expel Ms. Yang from the CCP. Ms. Yang stated that Falun Gong teaches practitioners to be kind and moral people and that she had not done anything wrong and that it was up to them to do whatever they wanted to do.

In January 2001, the CCP officials again called Ms. Yang and several other practitioners to the government office. Hu Dongxiang and deputy township head Li Tianfu, etc. tried to brainwash them. Two days before the Chinese New Year, Ren Tingsheng from the CCP Committee of the township again tried to brainwash them. The practitioners steadfastly refused to cooperate. Ms. Yang said, "If your family member was sick and was cured by the doctor, would you kill the doctor with a knife?" Official Ren was speechless. Ms. Yang insisted that Falun Dafa was good. Official Ren could do nothing but leave. However, Ms. Yang and other two practitioners were not released until New Year's Eve after 5:00 p.m..

In June 2004, policeman Li Daichun and others from the local police station further harassed Ms. Yang three times. The first time was on June 3 after 10:00 a.m. Policemen Li Daichun and Song Rui seized Ms. Yang and another practitioner on the street and forcibly searched their handbags. Then they brought them to the police station, searched them, and took mugshots of them. After 5:00 p.m., policeman Yang Bin and another policeman carted them home and illegally ransacked their home, taking away even envelopes and stamps. On the same day, policeman Li Daichun went with a group of policemen to arrest practitioner Chen. Practitioner Zhang Qingshu was also seized on the road.

The second time was on June 9. 610 official Li Daichun and Yu Xiuyun suddenly broke into practitioner Yang Qunyin's home at around 11:00 a.m. They accused practitioners Yang Qunyin, Zhang Qinshu and Zhang's other guests of doing Falun Gong exercises together. The officials then took Ms. Yang to the police station and tried to coerce her into admitting that she was practicing the exercises in Zhang's home. They also attempted to force Ms. Yang to disclose the names of other practitioners, as well as the sources of Falun Gong materials. Ms. Yang firmly ignored the officials. The vicious officials got nothing out of them, but still held them until after 5:00 pm.

The third time was on June 12 after 12:00 p.m. Policeman Yang Bin and another person suddenly broke into Ms. Yang's home, saying that they needed her to go to the police station and help identify some people in photos. Ms. Yang told them that she would not go no matter what. She said that she was very busy every day teaching and seldom went out; therefore, did not know many people. The two policemen whispered to each other and then left. Ms. Yang told them to remember, "Falun Dafa is good."

Practitioner Chen Huagui went to see the head of the 610 Office Hu Dongxiang to ask for the identification card that was taken away from him. He was instead beaten by Hu Dongxiang. He lost three front teeth and sustained a bruised eye.

Due to his persistence with Dafa cultivation, practitioner Zhang Qingshu of Shiba Village, Hesheng Township has been repeatedly tortured over the past few years. He was illegally detained, beaten, and robbed by the 610 Office, including Hu Dongxiang. The 610 members whipped him with flax rope, tearing off his beard and pubic hair as well as the hair under his armpits, and glued the hair on the back of his hands. They even hammered metal pins into his fingers. Mr. Zhang is still illegally imprisoned in Deyang Prison.

Practitioner Zhang Liuqing of Liuan Village of Hesheng County, in his 60's, retired from the Repair Factory of Wenjiang District due to sickness. He was repeatedly arrested, threatened, beaten and detained by the police and 610 Office, including Hu Dongxiang and Wang Jingsahn, since February 4, 2002. On April 14, 2003, Mr. Zhang was secretly and illegally sentenced to 9 years in prison. He was imprisoned in Zigong City, and then transferred to Wumaping Prison of Leshan City for further persecution.