(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Cao Guangfu, 57, is from Xinmin City, Liaoning Province. Mr. Guangfu's family of three has been cruelly persecuted for many years for practicing Falun Dafa. His son, Cao Yang, was initially sentenced to seven years of imprisonment, and the sentence was later changed to ten years. Currently he is in Huazi Prison, and is forced to do hard labor more than ten hours every day.

Mr. Cao Guangfu originally worked for Xinmin Hospital along with his wife, Ms. Zhao Min. On September 25, 1999, Ms. Zhaowent to Beijing to clarify the truth about Dafa, and was illegally arrested. Four days later, the Xinmin Public Security Bureau and Health Department agents arrested her and took her to the Fifth Detention Center in Shenyang City, where she was held for 15 days. She was then taken back to Xinmin Hospital for a week, where agents attempted to force her to write a guarantee statement promising not to go to Beijing and not to practice Falun Gong any longer. She refused to cooperate, and they threatened to send her to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. Later, the authorities extorted 500 yuan from her in exchange for her release. Ms. Zhao Min again went to Beijing to appeal and was arrested and taken back to Xinmin Detention Center.

On October 28, 1999, Mr. Cao Guangfu and his son went to Beijing to appeal. On October 29, they were arrested in front of the Appeals Office by the police. They were later detained in the "14 House" in Beijing. They were then handcuffed to a heater pipe for four days and nights and released only to eat and use the bathroom. Shenyang Public Safety Bureau agents monitored them closely to prohibit any conversation. They were later taken to Xinmin Detention Center.

After leaving Xinmin Detention Center, all three of the Caos were then locked in a ward in Xinmin Hospital. There were no beds or quilts, only a straw mat on the concrete floor and a toilet in the room. They were there for seven days, and were not allowed to go home until they paid 5000 yuan.

On May 2, 2001, a fellow practitioner from Shenyang City who could not bear the intense pressure revealed the place where truth-clarification materials were produced and stored. Police from the Tiexi-Qinggong area came in two vans, storming Cao Guangfu's residence and not only arresting the entire family, but also taking away a computer, a printer, three big copiers, and two small copiers. The pillagers included police captain Chen, policemen Wu and Fan, Tiexi Substation police, and Liu Qing, Liu Bo, and policeman Xing from the National State Security. They brutally tortured Mr. Cao's whole family to the brink of death. Mr. Cao Guangfu and his son, Cao Yang, were badly beaten while they were suspended. The authorities hit them with electric batons and other types of torture devices. The evildoers yelled, "If you die, we'll say you committed suicide."

Afterwards, both Mr. Cao Guangfu and his son were taken to Tiexi District Prison in Shenyang City. After spending two months in the detention center, Ms. Zhao Min was sent to Longshan Forced Labor Camp for two years. In the labor camp they tried to force her "transform". Upon her refusal to transform, she was forced to squat on her heels and was deprived of sleep. She was brutally beaten for not complying. Her feet and legs became so swollen that she could not get a wink of sleep for eight days and nights. Under these extreme conditions of constant coercion and threats, she was, against her will, "transformed." On September 23, she was released after laboring long hours, until midnight every day, making poisonous candles.

Mr. Cao Guangfu was sentenced to Zhangshi Forced Labor Camp for 18 months. After only two months, the persecution was unbearable for Mr. Cao Guangfu. Skimpy meals were allotted every day, trips to the bathroom were not allowed, talking was not permitted, and detainees were forced to sit next to each other without moving. July was very hot, but he was not given any water. Within two months, Mr. Cao was near death. On May 3, 2002, he was released.

Mr. Cao Yang, 30 years old and a college graduate, was detained in Tiexi District Detention Center for over a year. In July 2002, he was illegally sentenced to a seven-year term and was detained in Huazi Prison in Dengta County, Liaoyang City. During that time, he was transferred to Dabei Prison for over two months. Because prison officials discovered that Cao Yang had brought Teacher's lectures for fellow practitioners to read in the prison, he was confined for over three months to a one-square-meter room, handcuffed, and shackled. He was also given three additional years in jail.

Those responsible for persecuting the Cao family:

Xinmin Hospital: Zheng Fengcai, Duan Chenggang.

Qingong Detention Center: captain Chen, policemen Wu and Fan.

Public State Security agents: Liu Bo, Liu Qing.

Shenxin Labor Camp: Shi Fengyou, Guan Feng.

Longshan Labor Camp, Shenyang City: Tang Yubao, Wang Jinghui, Wang Chunmei, Jiang Yubo, Warden Li Fengshi, and others
Huazi Prison: Wu Jianjun, Zheng Xiaofeng, Li Chengxin, Xu Chenghai, Dai Wuzhong, Warden Zhao Yushan

November 14, 2006