Practitioner Ms. Zhang Laihua from Huaihua, Hunan Province was Persecuted to Death

In 2000, practitioners Ms. Zhang Laihua, and Yu He, from Huangmaoyuan Town, Xupu County, Huaihua, Hunan Province, went Beijing to appeal and clarify the truth about Dafa. When they arrived at Ms. Zhang's daughter's home in Zhengzhou, Henan Province, local Communist Party members Han Hailin, Tang Huazhong, and others chased them. The party members went to the daughter's home and extorted 2000 yuan from the family. Later her daughter's home was illegally searched. To avoid arrest Ms. Zhang was forced into a homeless situation for over a year. During that time Party members extorted 4000 yuan from Ms. Zhang's family.

Ms. Zhang, 68, began to practice Falun Gong in June, 1998. She had been very sick before and her health was regained after she started practicing. Over the years of brutal persecution and great pressure, her physical and mental health was severely damaged and she developed some diseases. She passed away in February, 2006.

Practitioner Ms. Shi Yula from Shanghai Persecuted to Death

Ms. Shi Yulan, 51, was from the Yangpu District, Shanghai City. In 1995, she started practicing Falun Dafa and her diseases disappeared.

In 2000, Ms. Shi went to Beijing to appeal. She was followed by local party members and her home was searched. She was watched and harassed day and night while she was at home. Later she was "illegally detained" and forced to attend brainwashing sessions. Her husband was detained, too, and her daughter was sentenced to two years of imprisonment because of this.

Due to years of persecution, Ms. Shi suffered from severe abdominal ascites, which caused her death on December 22, 2005.

Practitioner Ms. Wang Xiurong from Sanhe City, Hebei Province, Persecuted to Death

Ms. Wang Xiurong, a retired employee of Sanhe City Mechanic Factory, passed away at the age of 52. She started practicing Falun Gong in 1997 and regained her health after suffering from multiple diseases. On September 28, 2001, she was arrested by the police and dragged down the stairs from the third floor.

She was detained at the Nancheng Police Station, where she was severely beaten by the Deputy Director Shi, and was not released until she was tortured to near the point of death. A few days later, she was forced to go to the brainwashing center for over ten days. The 610 Office staff also forced her to write a letter renouncing her beliefs and practice of Falun Gong, otherwise her son would lose his job.

Not long after coming home, Ms. Wang's diseases reappeared and got worse. Her family members took her to the hospital and she was diagnosed with rectal cancer. She was then transferred to the Peking Union Medical College Hospital. She stayed at home during the Spring Festival and went back to the hospital afterwards. However, she was reported to the police by the hospital for doing the Falun Gong exercises and clarifying the truth to other patients. The police dragged her out of the hospital. On September 23, 2003, Ms. Wang Xiurong passed away.

Ms. Chen Suxiang's Body Cremated without Her Family's Knowledge, and Practitioners Arrested at the Funeral

Ms. Chen Suxiang lived in Dongyaoxia Village, Kaiping District, Tangshan City. On the afternoon of September 12, Ms. Chen was seen by Li Zhiqiang, the director of the Security and Protection Department of Qianquzhuang Community, when she was distributing truth clarification materials in the neighborhood of the Qianquzhuang Community. She was illegally arrested and taken to the Party Office of the Qianquzhuang Community. Li Zhiqiang, security guard Li Jianjun, and others beat Ms. Chen brutally to death in less than two days. (This event was reported in full.)

On November 3, her body was cremated without her family's knowledge. The security people forced Ms. Chen's family to accept her death and cremation, and blocked the information from the community. From November 2 on, many plainclothes police have surrounded Ms. Chen Suxiang's home and nearby villages. False news regarding this event has been spread as well. A few practitioners learned about the actual events only after November 4.

Six practitioners bought a wreath to attend Ms. Chen Suxiang's funeral, but were stopped by plainclothes police. Someone reported this to the police hot line 110, and about six officers came to arrest Liu Huijing and Xu Xiuli at 2:30 in the afternoon. (Details to follow)