(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Du Xiuhua, 58 and now retired, previously worked at the Huaguang Group Corporation in Weifang City, Shandong Province. At about 8:00 p.m. on September 6, 2006, while clarifying the truth near a small bridge on the River Zhuangmian in the Nanhu area in the Kuiwen District, she encountered a plainclothes police officer. The policeman summoned the officers from the Public Security Bureau in the Kuiwen District and had her arrested. Ms. Du is currently detained at the Detention Center in Weifang City.

Ms. Du did not cooperate with the authorities in the detention center, nor did she reveal her name. Instead, she persistently clarified the truth to the police and the prisoners. Detention center officials eventually managed to find out her name and address with much effort. Then they went to her daughter's home and asked her to sign a document promising to stop practicing Falun Dafa. Her daughter went to the detention center and asked the officials there, "What are the reasons and legal basis of my mother's arrest?" She pointed out that it was an illegal detention and demanded the immediate release of her mother. She also demanded to see her mother and to give her mother some clothes.

However, detention center police officers Guo Hong (police registration number 054835) and director Fang Jianyi (police registration number 049943) summarily refused her request and did not even allow her to give her mother some undergarments.

Ms. Du Xiuhua started practicing Falun Gong in early 1996. Before she practiced, she had a variety of diseases, including heart disease, hypertension, hyperparathyroidism, rheumatoid arthritis, gastritis, constant low fever, neurasthenia, numbness in her hands, etc. Every day she took several medications. She was also extremely thin. From the age of 40 she was no longer able to work, always suffering from her diseases.

After she started practicing Falun Gong in 1996, her diseases and uncomfortable feelings all disappeared quietly. She felt like a new person and was full of energy. She previously needed others to look after her, but after she practiced Falun Gong, she took care of all the housework, took care of the children, did the washing, cooking, etc. She also gave up her bad temper and old habit of shyness. She applied "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance" in her daily life, being a good person and doing good deeds. Her family, her work colleagues, her friends and neighbors all saw very clearly how she had changed.

However, because she did not give up her practice, she was detained, monitored, sent to a brainwashing center and even a forced labor camp. Because of her belief in Dafa, for seven years the Huaguang Group Corp., the Public Security Bureau in the Kuiwen District, the sub-branch of the Public Security Bureau in the Development Zone, the brainwashing center in Weifang City, the detention center in Hanting District, the detention center in Weifang City, the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp, etc., have all participated in persecuting her using evil and unscrupulous methods.

In November 2000, the Huaguang Group Corp. told Ms. Du that she was to go to her workplace to participate in a political study, while in fact they illegally arrested her and took her to the brainwashing center in the Industrial Institute for Cadres. She was not released until two months later, before the Chinese New Year. After she went home, her workplace sent people to live in her home to monitor her day and night.

In March 2001, five or six people from her workplace abducted her and carried her downstairs, out of her home. She was taken to Huaguang Hotel and detained there. She went on a hunger strike to protest her illegal detention. Nine days later, she managed to escape from the hotel and has had to live a homeless life ever since, to avoid further persecution.

On May 13, 2001, Ms. Du Xiuhua was arrested by the Siping police while clarifying the truth to pedestrians. She was detained for 48 hours and then transferred to the detention center in the Kuiwen District, where she was detained for fifteen days. She was then sent to the brainwashing center in Changle Forced Labor Camp and was detained there for eighteen days. During those eighteen days, she was not allowed to sleep for six days and nights. Her legs swelled very severely. Because she refused to "reform," she was then sent to the brainwashing center in the Industrial Institute for Cadres and tortured for more than forty days. However, she still refused to denounce Falun Gong. Running out of options, her company sent her to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp. Only after she arrived there did she realize that she had been sent to a labor camp, because she was never formally sentenced to forced labor. At the camp she suffered severe torture. She was kicked, beaten, and slapped in the face. The head of the forth brigade, Zhang Cuiyun, dragged her by her hair. Warden Cui and Warden Yu stuffed a towel into her mouth, tore her mouth, and sealed it with adhesive tape. They didn't allow her to sleep for days and nights, while endlessly forcing her to watch or hear radio and TV programs slandering Falun Gong and the founder of Falun Gong. They also beat her, cursed her, blamed her, and insulted her nonstop. In September 2002, she showed symptoms of heart disease and was released on medical parole.

In April 2003, Ms. Du was arrested and sent to the Public Security Bureau in the Development Zone for clarifying the truth. She was tied to a chair and brutally beaten. Because she refused to reveal her name, the police made up a false name for her and sent her to the detention center in the Hanting District. She was tied with iron rings to a cross on the concrete ground in the corridor, not able to move a bit. If ever she tried to move, the iron rings would pierce into her body. The wooden pole under her body also cut into her flesh, paining her continuously. She refused to eat, to protest such torture. She tried to endure all these sufferings for seven days and nights. At the same time, she still patiently and constantly clarified the truth to those around her, including the people who force fed her. She asked them to stop doing evil as it would harm them. On the eighth day, seeing that she was not going to submit, the police released her from the cross. By this time, her limbs had swelled seriously, and her body, flesh and bones were all in a very poor state.

At that time she had not eaten or drank for fifteen days. The force-feeding always failed due to her strong righteous thoughts. Since they could not break her will, they sent her to the brainwashing center in the city for the third time. In the brainwashing center, she practiced Falun Gong and clarified the truth as usual. Twenty days later, she was sent to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for the second time. In the camp she was again tortured with the same methods: beating, kicking, sealing her mouth with adhesive tape, grasping her hair and dragging her on the floor, tying her to the bed, verbal abuse, slander, and many others. However, Ms. Du persisted in reciting the Fa, doing the exercises, clarifying the truth and advising people to be good. A group of people tried to stop her from practicing every day, pushing her to the bed and holding down her arms and legs so that she couldn't do the exercises. She tried to free herself and continued to practice. One day she showed symptoms of heart disease again, her hands turned black, her face turned blue, and her lips purple. On September 4, 2003, she was again released on medical parole.

Ms. Du Xiuhua was again arrested for clarifying the truth to pedestrians. During her detainment, she did not submit to the evil and clarified the truth to the inmates. She also told them the benefits she'd gained and the beauty of Falun Dafa. She also clarified the truth to the police and asked them to stop persecuting Falun Gong so that they could have a bright future.

We call for kindhearted and righteous people to help so that Ms. Du Xiuhua can be released soon. I hope all Falun Gong practitioners inside and outside of China can support her with righteous thoughts so that she can walk out of the detention center with dignity.

Weifang City Detention Center: 86-536-8901110
Head of the Detention Center: Fang Jiayi (registration number: 049943)
Guo Hong (female, registration number: 054835)
Hu Guiming (registration number: 050668)
Doctor of the Detention Center: Zhu Bo (He has done a lot of evil things.)
Office of the Public Security Bureau of the Development Zone: 86-536-8885110
Director's office: 86-536-8881923, 86-536-8885085, 86-536-8884111
Head of the Law & Order section Zhang Kuijun: 86-13721980002 (mobile), 86-536-8885695 (Office)
Deputy director: Li Hua (responsible for law and order)
Party commissar: Yin (surname)
Wang Rongjun, deputy leader of the Law & Order team of the police: 86-536-8882527
Dong Hongtao, head of the vice squad
Liu Xiaocai, police officer in the Nanhu area
Feng Peiming (sole job is persecution of Falun Gong): 86-536-8882527
Meng Qingguo, head of the logistics affairs for the police: 86-536-8882527
Yu Congming, deputy director: 86-13721980009

Doctors at the Hanting Detention Center who are responsible for force-feeding: Ms. Kang, Ms. Zhang Tingting, Ms. Ma Jianying