Previous report: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2006/8/30/77492.html

At about 3 p.m. on August 7, 2006, Wen Yingxin, a Dafa practitioner from Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, was reported to the authorities when he was posting Falun Gong material in Xiaobei Community, Dadong District, Shenyang City. Afterwards he was taken away by the police officers from the Xiaobei Police Station. On August 8, he was sent to the Shenyang City Detention Center.

Since that day, Wen Yingxin has been on a hunger strike to protest. From August 8 to August 16, he was force-fed in the Shenyang City Detention Center. On August 16, he was tortured until critically ill and was sent to the Shenyang City No. 739 Hospital, which is the contract clinic of the Shenyang City Detention Center. To shirk their responsibility, the detention center pushed him away to the Xiaobei Police Station under the pretext that his records were not transferred to the detention center. At about 5 p.m. on the day he was sent to the hospital, his family was notified by the Police Station. When his family members rushed to the hospital, they found that Wen Yingxin was lying on the sickbed with an oxygen tube. The electrocardiogram demonstrated a flat line. He lost consciousness and passed away at 10 p.m..

The Shenyang City Detention Center, the Xiaobei Police Station, and the No. 739 Hospital

refused to give his family a Medical Certificate. The hospital only asked them to sign the written death notice. On the notice, it stated an ion disorder and renal failure resulting in death.

On the night he died, his remains were sent to the Wenguantun Funeral Parlor under the arrangement of the police. They were there for more than 20 days. The police paid the fee of more than 1000 yuan.

During the 20 days, his relatives went to the Shenyang Detention Center to seek justice. A guard received them. He avoided discussion of Wen Yingxin's force-feeding in the detention center, and just showed a videotape recorded by the monitor inside the cell. The tape was pieced together after editing, so they could not find any clue from that. The detention center authorities claimed that Wen Yingxin died in the hospital, so they do not bear any responsibility, and they cannot be charged.

Under threats from police officers and guards, Wen Yingxin's remains were cremated at the beginning of September.

September 26, 2006