Mr. Zheng Jiatang, President of the Science Association at the Chemical Fiber Company of Dandong City, was Tortured to Death after Forced-labor and Harassment

Mr. Zheng Jiatang, 76 years old, was the deputy-chief engineer (retired) and the president of the Science Association at Chemical Fiber Company of Dandong City, Liaoning Province. After Mr. Zheng started to cultivate Falun Dafa in 1994, many of his long-term diseases, including heart disease, high blood-pressure and arteriosclerosis all miraculously disappeared. Around July 20, 1999, when the persecution of Falun Gong began, Mr. Zheng Jiatang went to appeal for the practice, but did not succeed and was illegally detained for seven days after being sent back to Dandong City. In February 2002, Mr. Zheng was sentenced to two years of forced-labor for reading and spreading Falun Gong truth clarification materials. On his way to the forced-labor camp, Mr. Zheng Jiatang did not feel well and with his family's strong request, he was sent to the Dandong First Hospital for examination. His blood pressure was found to be as high as 270 mm Hg. Even so, the Dandong City 610 Office still forcibly sent him to the forced labor camp. The labor camp refused to accept him, but the head of the 610 Office, Gao Ge, forced the labor camp to accept Mr. Zheng.

During the several months of forced-labor, Mr. Zheng Jiatang's health situation deteriorated and he could not even take care of himself. His family continually requested his release. The labor camp was afraid of taking responsibility should he die, and agreed to allow him to be bailed out for medical attention. After going back home, Mr. Zheng Jiatang was absent-minded and not very clear-headed, but the police still often went to his home to harass Mr. Zheng whenever it was a holiday or a festival. The police even knocked at his door around midnight and woke up his neighbors. Mr. Zheng Jiatang lived under such a life of intimidation and he passed away unjustly on September 3, 2006.

Teacher from Guoguang Electronic Tube Factory School in Chengdu City Passed Away Unjustly

Ms. Gong Shizhen was born in November 1943 and was a teacher at the school operated by Guoguang Electronic Tube Factory in Sichuan Province. In October 1996, she started cultivating Falun Dafa. After the Chinese Communist Party started the persecution, she went to Beijing to appeal and in early July was sent by Jianshe Road Police Station in Chengdu City to the detention center at Jiuru Village of Chengdu City and was illegally detained. During the detention, she became seriously ill and was sent back home ahead of time. Ms. Gong Shizhen passed away unjustly on November 11, 2000. She was only 57 years old.

Zhou Jixing from Shenze County in Hebei Province Passed Away Unjustly

Mr. Zhou Jixing, 70 years old, was a resident of Lu Village, Zhaoba Township of Shenze County in Hebei Province. Due to his poor financial situation, he worked hard for several decades and had many diseases, including tracheitis and leg pains, which made him unable to work. In the winter of 1996, he was introduced to Falun Dafa and after he practiced for several months, his body became normal. Since he insisted on practicing Falun Dafa and studying the book every day, his health became better and better, and he could once again perform his previous profession as a barber. After Falun Dafa was persecuted in 1999, he still practiced the exercises, studied the book every day, clarified the truth and distributed fliers, no matter where he went. In 2004, when Mr. Zhou clarified the truth at Donghan Market of Wuji County, he was reported to the police, and officers from Qiji Township Police Station searched and intimidated him. Since then, Mr. Zhou's health started to deteriorate and he became weaker and weaker until he passed away in the winter of 2005.

Mr. Ma Zhenting from Langfang City Passed Away After being Brainwashed and Persecuted by the 610 Office in 2003

Mr. Ma Zhenting, a Dafa practitioner from No. 3532 Factory in Langfang City of Hebei Province, was brutally persecuted several times and passed away on July 10, 2003. He was only 53 years old. The three members of his family were persecuted so severely by Jiang's regime that their family broke up, just because they believed in the principles of "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance" and tried to be good people.

Mr. Ma Zhenting worked in No. 3532 Factory of Langfang City in Hebei Province. On July 20, 1999, when Jiang's regime started to wildly persecute Falun Dafa, Mr. Ma Zhenting insisted on practicing Dafa and he went to Beijing in October 1999. At that time, many Falun Gong practitioners from across the nation went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, but the Appealing Office that was supposed to listen to people's complaints and concerns refused to meet with any practitioners and even removed their signs outside the door and moved their offices to some unknown location.

Mr. Ma Zhenting did not find the Appeals Office and he was illegally arrested and taken to a detention center at his hometown on October 20. He was illegally detained for one month. He was extorted of four thousand yuan (two thousand with receipts and the other two thousand without). His wife, Ms. Li Fengying, was illegally sent to three years of forced-labor and was detained in Kaiping Labor Camp in Tangshan City, where she suffered all kinds of brutal torture.

In late 2001, Mr. Ma Zhenting was arrested by the 610 Office and sent to brainwashing classes for mental persecution. Mr. Ma was extremely pained after being forcibly brainwashed. After he went back home, the security section of his factory and Xin Xian'En, from Mr. Zheng's workshop, always called his home to harass him and gave Mr. Zheng an extremely large amount of mental pressure. Mr. Zheng became thinner and thinner every day.

Three members of Mr. Ma Zhenting's family were illegally detained at the detention center several times and were blackmailed by police and staff from the Chinese Communist Party committee of his factory many times. Even when Mr. Ma went to the labor camp to visit his wife, the unlawful people from his workplace forcibly charged Mr. Ma one thousand yuan. If he didn't pay, they did not allow Mr. Ma to visit his wife. Mr. Ma's family had almost all of their remaining savings extorted from them and his family did not have the money to send him to hospital when he needed medical care.

Mr. Ma Zhenting passed away unjustly on July 10, 2003. His wife said with grief, "He still weighed 178 pounds before he was abducted and taken to the brainwashing class, and everyone knew that he was healthy. Jiang Zemin murdered my husband."

The people responsible for the persecution of Dafa practitioners in Langfang City include the following:

Director of the 610 Office of Langfang City: Han Zhiguang, Zhao Lihua
Deputy secretary of Langfang City Chinese Communist Party Committee (in charge of police, procuratorate, jurisdiction and court): Wang Huiping
Head of No. 1 Section of Langfang City Police Department: Yang Hua, Tian Guangqing