(Clearwisdom.net) On September 18, 2006, Ms. Liu Kun, a Falun Gong practitioner who was only 57 years old, passed away. She resided in Hushitai Town in the Xinchengzi District of Shenyang City, Liaoning Province. Her death was discussed throughout Hushitai Town and in the Xinchengzi District. A rumor was spread that Ms. Liu died because she refused to go to the hospital for treatment for her illnesses. The following is the real story. The facts reveal who is actually responsible for Ms. Liu's death.

Ms. Liu Kun began to cultivate Falun Gong in 1997 and became very healthy through the practice. All her family members, friends, and neighbors witnessed the positive changes in her.

Ever since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began to persecute Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Ms. Liu has been persecuted by the CCP’s various operational departments, the neighborhood administrative office, and the residential commission. She was forced to fill out all sorts of forms, write reports, have her fingerprints taken, pay fines, and submit her photo. From 2000 to 2002, she was illegally detained in the Longshan Forced Labor Camp and the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in Liaoning Province. She was brutally tortured for a long time. Her face and entire body swelled up after being forced to sleep on the cement floor for a long time. She couldn’t open her eyes or mouth. Even her nose was engulfed in the swelling and could not be seen. She also became muddleheaded from the abuse. The labor camp feared that she would die there and released her. The local 610 Office, the political and judiciary committee, the public security department, the local police station, the neighborhood administrative office, and the residence commission monitored her by sending all sorts of plainclothes police officers to shadow her. On sensitive dates the police went to her home to harass her. They threatened to take her to brainwashing centers or forced-labor camps. In a brainwashing center, they use all sorts of tactics to force a practitioner to give up his or her belief. Practitioners are not allowed to sleep for a long period of time, are not allowed to go to the bathroom for a long time, are beaten, tortured, and verbally abused. Ms. Liu has been mentally tormented since she was released from the labor camp in June 2002.

After the 2006 Chinese New Year, six or seven people broke into Ms. Liu’s home without showing any identification or disclosing their names. One of them violently threatened her. Ms. Liu was the only one at home at the time. After that, she often saw people hanging around outside her home and following her. No matter where she went, during the day or in the evening, she was followed.

One evening around 9 p.m. in February 2006, she went out for a walk. A woman in her 40s followed her. She pointed a flashlight in Ms. Liu's face and asked, "It’s late. Why are you going out?" When Ms. Liu went to the bus station in the morning, there were always two people taking turns to shadow her.

Under such intense pressure, Ms. Liu Kun often tripped and fell when she walked and several pairs of her pants were tattered. When she felt tired on a walk, she rested on the roadside and dared not go home. Once her old friend called her and asked her to go shopping in Hushitai. Five groups of people shadowed her. (They probably had monitored her phone). Some of them were wearing police uniforms, some were wearing plainclothes.

The Party not only persecuted Liu Kun physically and mentally, but also financially. Her employer withheld her salary between 2000 and 2005. The CCP’s government staff went to her home and fined her 5,000 yuan for no reason and without issuing a receipt. Her financial situation was not very good to begin with and became even worse.

Ms. Liu endured this physical, mental and financial persecution for an extensive period of time, and her health deteriorated. In July 2006, her face and limbs became swollen again, similar to the symptoms she had suffered in the labor camp. The police knocked on her door with all sorts of excuses and peaked at her through her windows. She was under tremendous pressure and her condition worsened.

In August 2006, she couldn’t rise from her bed any more. However, the ones who shadowed her still came in to check on her. She couldn’t even get up to open the door. In her last days, the food she ate and the water she drank all leaked from her nose. The doctor was unable to diagnose her. Medicines and intravenous injections were used to treat her edema without any improvement.

From a medical point of view, one’s mental state has a great impact on one’s health. When one lives in terror, anxiety, despair, and pain for a long period of time, the mental pressure will cause aging and illness. Liu Kun’s health deteriorated exactly for this reason.

Jiang’s regime persecuted Falun Gong and adopted an unscrupulous policy to "ruin their reputations, bankrupt them financially, and destroy them physically." Liu Kun's story is a solid example of this terrible persecution.

As a result of the senseless persecution, Ms. Liu Kun passed away, leaving behind her mother of over 80 years and a young child.