Persecution Evidence from Falun Dafa Practitioners Detained at Shaanxi Province Women's Forced Labor Camp
1. Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Gao Li is 30 years old. She was tortured when she was being forced to give up Falun Gong. Liu Hong, the political head at the No. 2 Division incited five criminals to torture Gao Li. They gagged her with cotton and beat her back with their elbows. After this incident, Gao Li suffered from a chronic backache and involuntary shaking of the neck. These symptoms remained even after she was released from the camp.
2. Falun Gong practitioner Yan Huiqin from Hu County in Shaanxi Province was detained at the camp in the year 2000. Refusing to give up Falun Gong, she went on a hunger strike and eventually died as a result of the persecution. Evildoing guards and others tortured her physically and mentally. Guards Tan Zhenglin, Zhao Xiaoyang and others did not investigate the murderers, but instead tried to cover up the incident. They had people write fake testimony, blocked the information and deceived her family. Justice has not yet been served, since the murderers are still at large.
3. On June 21, 2001, guards duped 28 Dafa practitioners and ordered them to run in the courtyard while the guards searched all their belongings. Several criminals illegally searched practitioners pillowcases, clothing and other personal belongings. They found and confiscated Teacher's books and new articles. When practitioners returned and asked to have Teacher's new articles returned to them, something unexpectedly violent took place. The camp Party secretary, surnamed Yang, female assistant camp head Zhang Zuoqing, and a section head surnamed Wan, urged on seven fully prepared male guards holding clubs. They hit the crowd at random. Practitioner Wu Daqiong was hit and fainted at the scene. Guard Wan beat practitioner Mei Hongyin on the face and ear multiple times so that the 61 year-old woman lost her memory instantly. Luo Changyun, a 46 year-old practitioner was severely beaten and had bruises on the front of the head and around the eyes. Kan Guangying was beaten cruelly, becoming deaf in one ear. Luo Changyun, 54 years-old, had bruises on her head and right arm. Guards also handcuffed twelve practitioners and ordered six criminals to beat and kick them. The kicks were so severe that leather-shoe sole imprints were visible on their bodies. As practitioner Zhang Jinlan shouted, "Stop beating!" one person pushed her down and covered her mouth so that she could not make a sound. Another grabbed the handcuffed Liu Lihua's hair, and franticly hit her.
4. In August 2001, guard Liu Hong from No. 2 division, along with others, brutally tortured practitioners Wang Jie and Li Cuifang. They were compelled to submit to the "forced backbend" position (Note: This is a very painful form of torture in which one arm is reaching down the back behind the head and the other hand meets it from the lower back. The hands are handcuffed together to cause unbearable pain). They were handcuffed with their hands up, in front of their chests, for a month. Sleep was forbidden. The handcuffs remained, even when they were eating or using the restroom.
5. On September 18, 2001, the camp and "collaborator" Chen Bin attempted to force the practitioners to give up Falun Gong. About one-hundred detained practitioners were forced to participate in a so-called "course." Practitioner Li Shulian refused to take the class. This led to her being handcuffed and kicked. Several other Dafa practitioners went there to support Li Shulian and to stop the evildoers. On September 19, 2001, the labor camp officials made a second attempt, however a dozen practitioners persisted in withdrawing from the course and left, so the plan did not succeed.
After that incident, guards escalated the torture. Ma Yunjing was coerced into the "forced backbend" position for seven days, Zhao Jiabi for ten days, Liu Aiying for two days, Zhang Danxia for ten days and Liang Danxia was in the "forced backbend" position for 34 days. They were handcuffed either onto a metal gate or on the steel bar of a window. They were isolated and monitored for a long time. All the other Dafa practitioners detained at the No. 2 Division signed a joint protest letter, and the three went on hunger strike to protest the torture. The guards were compelled to unlock Liang Lingyun's handcuffs on the 34th day.
6. On December 3, 2001, the camp called a meeting in the second floor auditorium for all the detained Dafa practitioners and criminals. Guards were armed with sticks and handcuffs. Each practitioner was flanked by two camp guards and closely monitored. When the authorities started slandering Dafa, practitioner Zhao Jiabi stood up and shouted, "The Fa rectifies the Cosmos, the Evil is completely eliminated!" The guards became panicked and yelled randomly. Several criminals arrived and handcuffed Zhao Jiabi, an older lady, to a metal gate in the hallway. The guards instigated the criminals to beat and kick her. At the same time, practitioner Kan Guangying, who sat not far from Zhao Jiabi stood up and shouted loudly, "Don't touch her! Stop beating!" She was dragged out of the meeting and locked up at the No. 2 guards' office on the second floor. The ten or more guards in the room savagely beat Kan Guangying.
7. One day in the fall of 2001, 59 year-old Dafa practitioner Zhai Xianru was working in the second floor engine room when No. 2 Division chief Yu Yan came and asked Zhai, "Who do you work for?" Zhai Xianru did not respond. Guard Yu Yan picked up the cardboard box on the ground to hit Zhai on the front of the head. Zhai Xianru shouted, "The Fa rectifies the Cosmos!" The police then twisted her arms and her head, and hauled her to the second floor. Zhai was tortured at the "medical office" for more than a month. She was later sent to a mental hospital for future persecution.