How the Police and National Security Bureau in Yutian County, Hebei Province Persecute Practitioners
(Clearwisdom.net) Since July 20, 1999, the 610 Office has ordered Police Chief Liu Wanli, Police Vice-Chief Bian Jiuzhong, National Security Bureau Chief Ma Zhanhua and Ex-Police Chief Cheng Di from the Yutian County Police Station and the National Security Bureau to persecute Falun Dafa practitioners. They have illegally arrested the practitioners, ransacked their homes, imposed fines, and sentenced them to forced labor. Besides detaining the practitioners, they have also persecuted them using various means of torture. Below are facts exposing the persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners from 2002 to 2003.
1. Falun Dafa practitioner Ms Zhang Shuping is from Hedong Village, Caitingqiao Township. On the afternoon of April 25, 2003, about 10 police officers barged into her home and ransacked it. Although they did not find anything, they still arrested Ms. Zhang and took her to the Caitingqiao Township Police Station. This was the third time she was arrested. After being interrogated and severely tortured with electric batons, she was then transferred to the Yutian County Police Department and the National Security Bureau. There, the persecution continued.
That night, seven to eight police officers pinned Ms. Zhang to the ground while the others took turns using electric batons to shock her head, face, breasts, back, arms, legs, hands and feet. The policemen involved were Liu Wanli, Bian Jiuzhong, Ma Zhanhua, Yang Cheng, Ji Baolong, Chen Yongqiang, Liu Chao, Cheng Di, Wang Zhai, Cheng Zi and others.
At the end of July 2003, the Yutian County Police Station again arrested Ms. Zhang for the fourth time and sent her to the Tangshan City Kaiping No.1 Forced Labor Camp. Ms. Zhang was sentenced to a year and a half of forced labor.
2. Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Liao Wenhua is from Daijiapu Village, Sanshuitou Township. On May 1, 2003, the Yutian County Police Department and the National Security Bureau ransacked her home without a permit or a warrant. They confiscated three thousand yuan. Police officers Yang Cheng and Ji Baolong also forcibly took Ms. Liao's car and motorcycle before arresting her and taking her to the police station for further interrogation.
At the police station, Officer Chang Zonghui repeatedly slapped and reprimanded her. Another police officer, Bian Jiuzhong, also extorted ten thousand yuan from Ms. Liao's family.
3. Ms Jia Shufen is from Dawanshu Village, Hongqiao Township. After she was arrested, police officers Yang Cheng and Ji Baolong severely beat and shocked her with electric batons. As a result, her body had bruises everywhere and became swollen to the extent that she could no longer wear any clothes. On July 2, 2003, she was transferred to the Tangshan City Kaiping Forced Labor Camp for a year of forced labor because her family could not afford to pay her fine.
4. Ms. Bai Qingwen is from Dazhanggezhuang Village. Police officers Yang Cheng and Ji Baolong repeatedly slapped and shocked her with high-voltage electric batons. As a result, she lost consciousness and suffered from amnesia. On July 2, 2003, Ms. Bai was also sentenced to a year of forced labor at the Tangshan City Kaiping Forced Labor Camp because she could not pay the 10,000 yuan fine.
5. Ms. Ma Yinlian was arrested and tortured by police officers Yang Cheng and Ji Baolong. They brutally beat and shocked her with electric batons before detaining her at the police station in Chengguan Township, Yutian County. The police officers also extorted six thousand yuan from her family.
6. Ms. Zhang Xiaowen is from the developing area of Yutian County. The Yutian County Police Department Public Security Bureau and the Developing Area Police Station forced her to pay a fine of five thousand yuan just because her husband practices Falun Dafa. Ms. Zhang, on many occasions, tried to reason with the public security bureau. They were greatly offended by her doing so. As a result, they charged her with "stirring up trouble" because she practices Falun Dafa, and they barred her from the police station. The police later sent many officers to monitor her husband at home, severely disrupting their normal daily life.
On the night of October 28, 2002, police officer Bian Jiuzhong arrested Ms. Zhang's husband at his relatives' home for so-called interrogation. The next day, Ms. Zhang was asked to visit the police station. When she arrived at the station, they tried to force her to slander Falun Dafa, but she refused. The police became extremely angry and officers Cheng Di, Li Guangdong and Ji Baolong began to beat her. As a result of the beating, Ms. Zhang repeatedly vomited a lot of blood.
The police became afraid and sent her to the hospital at 4 a.m. because they did not want to be responsible for her death. At the hospital, they lied that she vomited blood because she accidentally bumped her head on a metal pole. The doctor did not believe the police officers and took Ms. Zhang out of the emergency department to ask her about the truth. The doctor was greatly shocked and angry when he heard the truth.
That night, the police deceived Ms. Zhang by telling her that they were taking her to another hospital for further examination. Instead, she was brought back to the police station and detained for three months. During this time, the local 610 Office Chief Jiang Cun, police officers Bian Jiuzhong and Cheng Di, and the Political and Legal Committee Secretary from Ms. Zhang Xiaowen's husband's work unit, Wang Xiuying, often broke into Ms. Zhang's home. They forcibly sent her nine-year-old son to stay at a private school. They also arrested her husband.
On March 20, 2003, the National Security Bureau Chief Ma Zhanhua and Vice-Chief Yang Quanli again barged into Ms. Zhang's home and brought her to the Army Training Camp for a so-called "test." They forced her to answer questions. Police officers Jiang Chun, Bian Jiuzhong, Yang Cheng and Ji Baolong took this opportunity to detain Ms. Zhang at the police station. They also demanded that she pay a fine of ten thousand yuan. However, Ms. Zhang did not have any money and could not pay the fine.
On April 30, 2003, at about 9.30 p.m., Liu Yutian from the County Police Department National Security Bureau, and Liao Shukun, the head of the Public Security Bureau handcuffed Ms. Zhang and brought her back to the National Security Bureau.
Immediately after Ms. Zhang arrived at the bureau, police officers Yang Quanli, Yang Cheng, Ji Baolong and Ma Yinsheng pinned her to the ground and stepped on her. Then, they shocked her with electric batons for more than an hour. After they stopped shocking her, the police tried to force Ms. Zhang to write a report, but she refused. As a result, she was shocked again. Ms. Zhang's body was bruised everywhere and her mouth was full of blood. However, they continued to shock her by handcuffing her limbs and hanging her up on a wooden pole that was one meter long and forty centimeters thick. The police officers repeatedly told Ms. Zhang that, unless the wooden pole broke, they would use the way pigs were killed to torture her.
However, after the wooden pole broke, police officer Ji Baolong refused to stop. He picked up the broken pole and continued to brutally beat Ms. Zhang. After the beating, she was then forced to sit on a chair with her hands cuffed and her arms tied with a rope to the chair. Then, Ji Baolong squeezed a ball of cloth into her mouth before he and another officer proceeded to shock her with electric batons. They shocked Ms. Zhang's breasts, lower body and head with a 20,000-volt electric baton that had to be plugged into an outlet in order to constantly deliver the high voltage.
The cruel police officers then forced Ms. Zhang to place her thumbprint on a false confession statement against her will. Officer Zhang Qi threatened Ms. Zhang, "If you dare to say that our ways of interrogations are illegal, we will definitely give you some 'good treatment.'"
Ms. Zhang was tortured this way until 6 a.m. the next day before she was brought back to the police station. She was continuously tortured for nearly twenty hours. Her whole body was swollen and covered with bruises. Some of her teeth were also knocked out in the process of being tortured.
Even after she was released, the police constantly broke into her home to extort money from her. They also confiscated a motorcycle from Ms. Zhang and had her sentenced to one and a half year of forced labor.
Other Falun Dafa practitioners who have been brutally persecuted by the Yutian County Police Department and the National Security Bureau include Li Xinhua, Chen Yubin, Liu Xiuying, Yang Yuezhan, Liu Jingguo, and Han Fuyuan.
The Hebei Province Yutian County Police Department, the National Security Bureau and other personnel involved in the persecution:
The Yutian County Police Department Ex-Chief: Liu Wanli.
The Yutian County Police Department Ex-Vice-Chief: Bian Jiuzhong.
The Local 610 Ex-Head: Jiang Chun.
The National Security Bureau Ex-Chief: Ma Zhanhua.
The National Security Bureau Vice-Chiefs: Yang Quanli, Ma Zhansheng.
The National Security Bureau Political Instructor: Yang Cheng.
The Police Department Chauffer: Ji Baolong.
The Yutian County Police Station Police Officer: Chang Zonghui.
The Heads of the Political Security Section: Liao Shukun (female), Li Guangdong, Jiang Fanji.
The Recording Officers: Zhang Qi, Liu Chao, Hou Liqun.
Police Officers: Meng Qingshan, Meng Zongsheng.
Caitingqiao Police Station Ex-Chief; Current Police Department Criminal Section Disciplinary Officer: Cheng Di (female).
The Yutian County Detention Center Chief: Liu Xiuhua (female).
The Yutian County Detention Center Prison Warden: Yang Zuoman (female).
The Yutian County Detention Center Police Officer: Tian Shang.
The Yutian County Police Department Chief: Sun Jian.
The Public Security Bureau Chief: Shan Qingman.
The Local 610 Heads: Liang Zichao, Li (surname)