(Clearwisdom.net) After the Chinese Communist Party began persecuting Dafa in 1999, Dafa practitioner Ouyang Youhua, from the town of Chengguan in Guiyang County, Hunan Province, was persecuted by officials from the Guiyang 610 Office, the Guiyang National Security Department and the Public Security Sub-bureau of Guiyang Baoshan Ore. Ouyang Youhua suffered illegal imprisonment, torture and forced labor. She was monitored, threatened and fined. Her daughter was detained for 15 days, and her husband, Li Jinbao, was illegally sentenced to 3 years in a forced labor camp in 2002. Ouyang Youhua's mental and physical health plummeted under the long-term persecution. She passed away after suffering a sudden stroke on June 9, 2005.

Ms. Ouyang Youhua was born in 1958. She lived at 38 Baihuaxin Village, Chengguan Town, Guiyang County in Hunan Province. Before she started cultivating Dafa in 1998, she suffered from high blood pressure and cerebral arteriosclerosis. After practicing Falun Gong for only six months she recovered from her illnesses. Her face became rosy as well. At that time, she had a 13-year-old daughter who began to study Dafa with her. The whole family lived in harmony. Later, her mother started to study Dafa too.

On January 6, 2001, the Guiyang County 610 Office detained Ms. Ouyang's husband, Li Jinbao, for 39 days and extorted fines of 3,000 yuan from their family using the excuse that Mr. Li had given a person with the last name of Xie some flyers about Falun Gong. On September 25, 2001, in collaboration with the Baoshan Public Security sub-bureau, the Guiyang 610 Office attempted to arrest Li Jinbao and send him to Chenzhou City for "transformation." To avoid persecution the couple was compelled to leave home and move from place to place. The Guiyang 610 Office and the Baoshan Public Security sub-bureau set up a special team to hunt for them.

On October 25, 2002, the couple was illegally arrested in Bolin Town, Yongxing County. Police Chief Xiao Runzhong, Gao Liping of the county's National Security Department, Zeng Qianyang, Qiu Huaisong, and other Baoshan Public Security Sub-bureau officials interrogated them using torture in the Guiyang County Party School (a school set up by the CCP to prepare members for leading posts or to train cadres). The police forced Ouyang Youhua to stand and did not allow her to sleep for five consecutive days and two nights. They forced her husband to stand and did not permit him to sleep for three days and two nights. Despite their brutal coercion, the authorities did not get any information from the practitioners, yet they still imprisoned them at Guiyang Detention Center for more than seven months.

On June 11, 2003, the county 610 Office fabricated that Li Jinbao and Ouyang Youhua had distributed 3,000 copies of Falun Gong truth-clarification materials to someone, and illegally sentenced the couple to a forced labor camp for three years. Li Jinbao was illegally imprisoned at Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp in Changsha City. Ouyang Youhua was sentenced to Baimalong Forced Labor Camp, but due to exhibiting symptoms of serious hypertension, the labor camp refused to accept her. After bringing her back, the county 610 Office imprisoned her again at Guiyang Detention Center. One month later, Ouyang Youhua escaped from the detention center after an eight day hunger strike.

Having been imprisoned illegally for nine consecutive months, she was emaciated and weak. After going home, she kept studying the Fa and practicing the exercises, and her health gradually recovered, but the Chinese authorities never relaxed their persecution of her. People from the county 610 Office and the fourth residents' committee at Guiyang County frequently broke into her home to threaten and harass her. They often stalked her. In mid September 2004, several members of the residents' committee broke into her home again to harass her. Just after they left, Ouyang Youhua fell to the ground. A family member took her to the hospital. The doctor said it was a stroke. With the help of several fellow practitioners, Ouyang Youhua recovered fairly well from the stroke in just two weeks. On June 8, 2005, she experienced stroke symptoms once again. The next day, Ouyang Youhua passed away.