(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Hu Qingjun, a Falun Gong practitioner in Jixi City, was illegally detained in the Jixi City Forced Labor Camp, where he was forced to do heavy labor as long as 12 hours a day. He fainted due to sudden angina. The guards of the Jixi Forced Labor Camp told Mr. Hu's family that if they would give them some money, Mr. Hu would be released. Mr. Hu's family refused to go along with this extortion. Now there is no guarantee of Hu Qingjun's survival. It is an urgent situation.

Mr. Hu Qingjun, 43, is from the Youyi Community in the Hengshan District of Jixi City. He was detained illegally for 15 days in both 2001 and 2003 for clarifying the truth about Falun Gong.

Around 5:00 p.m. on May 17, 2005, Mr. Hu was arrested for distributing materials explaining the truth about Falun Gong and the persecution. Within ten days, he was sentenced to two years of forced labor. His wife, Wang Jinxia, could not find him and went to the police station, but nobody told her where her husband was. After six weeks Ms. Wang Jinxia learned that her husband had been sentenced to forced labor. She did not receive any notice of her husband's sentencing procedure. Mr. Hu has developed sores due to the severe and unsanitary conditions in the camp. Ms. Wang Jinxia is requesting the forced labor camp to release her husband because he is innocent.

The last time Ms. Wang went to see her husband, a labor camp staff member named Xu told her, "If you give us 10,000 yuan, Mr. Hu can go home." Ms. Wang said that she could not give them even 100 yuan. She said, "You know that my husband is innocent. If he were guilty, even if I gave you the money, you could not release him."

Mr. Hu Qingjun's boss wrote to the police station, telling them that they should not be detaining good men in the camp. and asking them to arrange Mr. Hu Qingjun's immediate release. Neighbors supported Ms. Wang Jinxia when she went to ask for her husband in the camp.

Before practicing Falun Gong, Mr. Hu suffered from serious heart disease, and was close to death. Mr. Hu related that his recent loss of consciousness this time was more serious than before. After he was detained, Mr. Hu's family lost his income, so his two children will probably not be able to continue going to school. As Mr. Hu and his family have a very good reputation locally, many people have shown their concern and sympathy for his illegal detention.

Hu Qingjun's family is now negotiating with the forced labor camp for his freedom.

Relevant agencies and personnel:

Dahengshan Police Station, Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province

Zhou Tianshi, Jiang Haiyang: 86-453-2460151 (Office)

Li Hongxu, Secretary of the Chinese Communist Political and Judicial Committee, and Secretary of the Chinese Communist Discipline Supervision Committee: 86-453-2462402 (Office), 86-453-2360586 (Home), 86-13836597776 (Cell)

Guan Qingfeng, District 610 Office: 86-453-2462218 (Office), 86-13199439958 (Cell)

Chen Bo: 86-453-2462218 (Office), 86-453-2352611 (Office), 86-13836577815 (Cell)

Yang Ying, Commissar of District Police Department: 86-453-2462292 (Office), 86-453-2380688 (Office), 86-13704686666 (Cell)

Zhao Zhenhua, Chief of the District Police Department: 86-453-2462386 (Office), 86-453-2375289 (Office), 86-13846098288 (Cell)

Sun Mengshan, Deputy Chief of the District Police Department: 6-453-2462146 (Office), 86-453-2463150 (Office), 86-13359956781 (Cell)

Feng Chenglin, Heng Shan District Police Station: 86-453-2460151 (Office), 86-453-2772958 (Office), 86-13846008792 (Cell)

August 25, 2005