(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Yu Renmei from the Laoshan District, Qingdao City was sent to a mental hospital by the local police for the fourth time for practicing Dafa. The hospital staff gave her numerous injections of nerve-damaging drugs, which rendered her incontinent and delirious. She was on the brink of a mental breakdown. She overcame the tribulation, however, with unwavering faith in Dafa.

Yu Renmei was born in 1957 and lived at No. 454 in Damaidao Village. She was weak as a child. The birth of her first child sent her into hemorrhagic fever. She ran a high fever for a long time and nearly died. She was discharged after a fifteen-day stay in intensive care. She often had a low-grade fever from then on and she was very weak.

Before she obtained Dafa, Yu Renmei often had fights with her husband because he had an extramarital affair. Once, Yu Renmei jumped off a building in desperation and broke her legs. She stayed in the hospital for 20 days and lost the ability to take care of herself.

In June 1997, while recuperating at home, Yu Renmei's sister gave her a copy of the book Zhuan Falun. Yu started to practice Falun Dafa and all of her illnesses disappeared within three months.

On July 20, 1999, the persecution of Dafa began. In October 1999, Yu Renmei and some other practitioners went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa. The police illegally arrested her and sent her to the Chaoyang Police Department in Beijing where she witnessed atrocities against Dafa practitioners. When the practitioners refused to give their names, the police stabbed the practitioners' sensitive body parts with long needles, pinched and hit them, and burned the practitioners with cigarette lighters. They hit the practitioners with mops and pulled the practitioners' arms and legs in different directions. They also hit the practitioners with beer bottles, didn't allow them to drink water or sleep, and locked them in small dark rooms. One police officer screamed, "We'll beat you to death if you don't give us your name." The practitioner answered, "I am a Dafa practitioner. I won't give you my name, even if you kill me." Yu Renmei was later transferred to the Qingdao City Liaison Office in Beijing.

Around 5:00 p.m. on October 25, Yu Renmei was taken to the Laoshan Hotel from Laoshan Police Department. A group of officers interrogated her. The group consisted of Wan Guozhong, the head of the police department, political head Zhang, police officer Li, Wang Honglin from the Damaidao Police Department, and Wang Hongda, deputy head of Laoshan Police Department and deputy head of the Damaidao Police Department. Wang Hongda was most vicious. When the police asked Yu Renmei for her name and the name of the organizers of the appeal, Yu Renmei said, "Dafa practice is voluntary, and my trip to Beijing is also voluntary. No one organized us." Wang Hongda said, "We'll beat you to death if you don't tell us the truth. We'll send you to prison if you don't give up Falun Gong." Yu Renmei solemnly warned Wang Hongda, "What you say does not count. When I get out, I'll sue you for persecuting innocent people and violating the law." The police then resorted to "soft" methods by lying to her that they would release her if she gave up Dafa practice and they also read some Dafa-slandering articles to her.

Because Yu Renmei remained determined, the police conspired with her husband Yu Ruimin, her mother-in-law Xin Xiumei, her sister-in-law Yu Fen, her friend Wu Guizhen, the village Party secretary Dai Zongrui, village head Lan Wenyou, doctor Chen who also worked as the Party secretary at the mental hospital, hospital accountant Gao, hospital worker Xiao and several nurses. Together they sent her to Maidao Mental Hospital for a total of four times, claiming she was mentally unstable because she had jumped off a building before she started to practice Dafa.

The first time, Yu Renmei left the hospital right after the perpetrators from Laoshan District 610 Office who had escorted her departed. The hospital staff knew that she was a healthy person, so they didn't stop her from leaving.

In November 1999, a dozen people including the police, perpetrators from the 610 Office, and village officials, put Yu Renmei in a police car and sent her to a mental hospital for the second time. Deputy police head Wang Hongda and other officers carried her into the ward. Wang Hongda smirked and said, "Wait and see how I fix you." He said to the doctor, "Load her with all of your best drugs and injections, and I'll take responsibility for anything that happens to her." Yu Renmei said in a loud voice, "You are persecuting Dafa practitioners and disrupting Dafa. Goodness is rewarded and evildoing is punished. You'll suffer karmic retribution for this. I'm not sick, let me go." Wang Hongda became flustered and said, "Hurry up! Give her some drugs."

The nurse dragged Yu Renmei to another room and prepared to give her an IV infusion. Yu Renmei refused to cooperate with her and the nurse threatened, "You have to get it, whether you want to or not." Yu Renmei said, "I'm not sick! They brought me here because I refused to give up Falun Gong practice." The nurse said, "I don't want to inject you either, but if I don't do this I'll be fired." Several nurses and psychiatric patients held down Yu Renmei's hand and forcibly gave her the IV infusion. They also gave her an unknown injection. She quickly lost consciousness.

After she came to, she felt very weak and extremely dizzy. She could not get out of bed. She pulled out the needle whenever she came to, but the perpetrators would put the needle back in when they saw her take it out. She was unconscious for most of the day and her vision became blurry. She moved slowly and had difficulty comprehending things going on around her. She often broke into a cold sweat, was incontinent and extremely irritable. She was on the brink of a nervous breakdown.

During this period, the Laoshan Police Department dispatched a special team to monitor her and to instruct the hospital in the use of drugs and injections. They took turns in groups of two and stayed in her ward 24 hours a day. They reported her condition to the police department every two hours.

Yu Renmei's family took her home after enduring 17 days of abuse. She was extremely weak when she went home, was incontinent and could not take care of herself. She gradually recovered through studying the Fa and doing the Falun Dafa exercises. She often told people about the perpetrators' villainous methods in persecuting Dafa practitioners.

During the Beer Festival in 2001 (Qingdao is a famous beer producing city), officers from the Laoshan Police Department arrested her when she was producing truth clarification materials in the Beer Village. Perpetrators from the Laoshan District 610 Office sent her to Dashan to be illegally held for one month. The police interrogated her twice and threatened her with psychiatric abuse if she didn't give up the practice. About 15 days after she was sent to Dashan, the 610 Office dispatched two so-called mental illness experts to diagnose her. One month later, perpetrators from the Laoshan Police Department 610 Office, from the Damaidao Police Department, the village Party Committee and her deceived husband Yu Ruimin sent Yu Renmei directly to the Maidao Mental Hospital for the third time.

Yu Renmei kept clarifying the truth to the doctors and nurses and told them not to persecute Dafa practitioners. She said, "I'm not sick! All of this is happening to me only because I don't want to give up my belief in Dafa." The doctor and nurses said, "We don't want to do this to you, but they ordered us to. If we don't do it, we'll lose our jobs. We don't want to inject you with the nerve-damaging drugs, but we have to eat and our children have to go to school." The hospital staff ordered several patients to pin her down and they force-fed her with drugs. They gave her injections of powerful and expensive imported medications. After being given the injection she soon felt weak and lost consciousness.

She left the hospital in late October. She cannot remember the exact date because her mind was not clear due to the excessive drug injections. She slowly recovered through doing the exercises, and she again started to clarify the truth and expose the persecution.

On December 31, 2001, Yu Renmei went to the local army's General Staff Headquarters to hand out truth clarification materials and was reported. Yu, the head of Maidao Police Department, Li Cong and other perpetrators from the Laoshan 610 Office abducted her and detained her at Dashan for 45 days. They told Yu Renmei, "We'll take you to the Maidao Mental Hospital and do a test on you, and then we'll let you go home." Yu Renmei said, "I'm not sick! I won't go there! I distribute truth clarification flyers to expose the persecution and offer people salvation." They asked, "So, why did you jump off a building before?" Yu Renmei said, "That was my personal problem. I didn't practice Dafa at that time and I couldn't take it anymore. You have no right to use that as an excuse to persecute me." The perpetrators conspired and made up false witness accounts. They sent Yu Renmei to the mental hospital for another two months.

At first, the doctors were very sympathetic and they didn't giver her any medication. She didn't cooperate with the medical exams or treatments and only told people about the greatness of Dafa and the truth about the persecution. Perpetrators from the 610 Office went to the hospital and ordered the doctor to inject her with the most potent nerve-damaging drugs. Seven or eight doctors held her head, arms and legs and gave her an injection.

This time, Yu Renmei had powerful righteous thoughts. She was unaffected and said to the doctors, "Don't waste the medication; it won't work on me. Don't help the perpetrators to persecute good people." This time, the drug was completely ineffective, even after it was injected for 15 days. The doctors and nurses witnessed the supernormal power of Dafa. They gradually awakened after Yu Renmei persistently clarified the truth to them for 15 days. They resented Jiang's group for wasting the taxpayers' money to persecute good people who follow the principles of Truth, Compassion and Forbearance. They sympathized with and protected her and suggested, "When you get out, don't give any materials to non-practitioners. Just verbally tell them the truth so the perpetrators can't get any excuse to arrest you. We really don't want to see you sent here anymore. You don't have any mental disorder! You are a good person and completely healthy."

When perpetrators from the Laoshan Police Department's 610 Office went to the hospital, the Party secretary, the doctors and nurses at the hospital all testified that Yu Renmei is a good and healthy person, and that she didn't have any illness or mental condition. They said to the perpetrators, "Don't you ever bring her in here again! We won't accept her, even if you kowtow to us or pay us a million yuan. Don't send her to our hospital." Perpetrators from the 610 Office obtained consent from Yu Renmei's husband and decided to have the village government pay 5,000 yuan to send Yu Renmei and her sister-in-law Yu Fen (to assist in persecuting Yu Renmei) to Wangcun Brainwashing Center in Jinan City.

On her way to the brainwashing center, Yu Renmei continuously sent forth righteous thoughts. Suddenly the car broke down, and the perpetrators took it to a repair shop. While they were waiting for the car to be fixed, Yu Renmei, a woman about 5 feet tall climbed over a 13-foot tall wall and escaped. Yu Renmei negated the evil persecution and ended her forced exile. With help from kind-hearted people she returned to her hometown and clarified the truth to save people.

Jiang's group rewarded the Laoshan 610 Office with a car for persecuting Yu Renmei. The Damaidao Village Party Committee was awarded the title "Advanced Village Committee," and given 230,000 yuan for reporting to its superior that, "Only one person [whom they claimed was a mental patient] was practicing Falun Gong in the village." The Damaidao Police Department, Laoshan Police Department and Laoshan 610 Office all received monetary rewards for persecuting Dafa practitioners.

Perpetrators who persecuted Yu Renmei:

Dai Zongrui: secretary of the Damaidao Village Party Committee

Yu Zhongling: head of the Women's Committee in Damaidao Village

Lan Wenli: village official

These people reported Yu Renmei when she clarified the truth: Zou Dezhi, Ma Li, Yu Chunyun, Yu Chunxi, Liu Zengqin, Dai Chenye, and Dai Shoucheng (the son of Dai Chenye; he was misled by his father and beat Yu Renmei's son at school)