(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Xin Baodong and his wife Ms. Gao Shuying, Dafa practitioners from Nanguan Village, Juyang Town, Sanhe City, have firmly believed in "Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance" for years. Because of this, they have been subjected to several arrests, home searches, detention, and forced labor. In 2003, shortly after the Chinese New Year, after an unsuccessful attempt to arrest Xin Baodong and his wife, the police put them on a wanted list and offered a high monetary reward for their capture. Mr. Xin's mother could not stand the constant blows from the persecution and passed away on July 22, 2003.

On July 21, 2005, police officers accompanied by Ma Zhixing, the Juyang Town deputy police chief, arrested Xin Baodong and Gao Shuying. (For further information, please refer to the following Clearwisdom report: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/8/10/63775.html.) Xin Baodong's paralyzed father was left at home without care. He died on August 7, 2005.

Mr. Xin Baodong and his wife Ms. Gao Shuying started practicing Falun Dafa in the spring of 1998. They had a clothing shop. Before they started practicing, Mr. Xin and Ms. Gao sometimes had arguments with their customers or were even involved in fighting with people who were in the same business. After they started practicing and cultivating Dafa, the couple understood the real meaning of life, and they did things according to Dafa. They treated people with compassion, never argued with others and had a happy family. They realized that "Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance" really purified their mind and body, and improved morality. They invited their neighbors to their house to practice Falun Gong in the morning and at night, free of charge as taught by Master.

In order to help more people benefit from Dafa, Mr. Xin Baodong and his wife bought a two-story building in town. The lower level was for shops and the upper level was the place for Dafa practice. This great and generous gesture, however, later became the main reason that the family was the target of persecution.

After the persecution of Falun Gong began on July 20, 1999, whenever one of the so-called sensitive dates approached, Mr. Xin Baodong and his wife would be arrested and detained. On those sensitive days, a dozen or more Dafa practitioners in the town, or other targeted Dafa practitioners, would be captured and locked up in the town government building. Mr. Xin Baodong and his wife would be sent to the city detention center and held there for at least two to four weeks.

The following is an account of just several of the abuses and tragedies that Xin Baodong's family had to endure in the unlawful persecution of Falun Gong:

In the spring of 2000, terrorized by the fact that the police repeatedly detained her son and daughter-in-law, Xin Baodong's mother was hospitalized at the Sanhe City Hospital. The police broke into the hospital and took Xin Baodong and Gao Shuying away as they were taking care of her. They were sent to the city detention center for more than a dozen days, leaving their mother alone without care. As a result, Xin Baodong's mother suffered neglect and became paralyzed.

At the end of November 2000, Xin Baodong was sentenced to one year of forced labor, falsely accused of "subverting state authority." At the labor camp, Mr. Xin was severely tortured and mentally tormented. At the end of 2000, when Xin Baodong's sentence at the labor camp was up, his wife Gao Shuying was detained. She was released back home only after she went on a hunger strike for more than a week to protest the illegal detention. Two days after her return, at around 5:00 a.m., Juyang Town Comprehensive Management Office Head Shi Lijun and a group of people under his leadership broke into the family home. Gao Shuying's daughter tried to block their entrance. She was afraid that her mother would be taken away again for inhuman persecution. Those lawless officials did not care about the pajama-clad child. She was dragged to the town government building, forced to stand barefoot on the concrete floor in the winter and had to face a wall for punishment. Several people went back to Gao Shuying's bedroom before dawn and took Ms. Gao out of bed. She was still weak.

In the winter of 2001, Xin Baodong was released after he completed his term. Naturally, he wanted to be together with the family again. However, he found out that his wife had been arrested and sent to a brainwash class. Their two children, in the first year of middle school, were going to school every day while they were taking care of their grandparents.

In March 2002, only three months after his return from detention, Xin Baodong was arrested again without due cause. The perpetrators were Yang Dianfang, the former director, and Liu Yingqiu, the deputy director of the Political Protection Division of the Sanhe Police Department. They also searched his shop and the house. They took away Dafa books and pictures, as well as personal belongings. Without any evidence, the police issued an arrest warrant and put Xin Baodong into a detention center under criminal detention. The head of the cell ordered several inmates to beat him. During nine days of serious physical abuse, including severe beatings, Xin Baodong suffered eight broken ribs.

Because the police illegally arrested him, levied no charges and caused him such serious injuries, the police were forced to pay all of Mr. Xin's medical expenses and another 30,000 yuan as compensation. Xin Baodong was later unconditionally released. Nevertheless, the police report stated the result as "released due to a medical condition."

Shortly after the 2003 Chinese New Year, the police unsuccessfully attempted to arrest both Xin Baodong and Gao Shuying. Later, they issued an arrest warrant. Xin Baodong and his wife were compelled to become homeless. Their two children, now in the third year of middle school, tried very hard to complete their heavy schoolwork load while taking care of their old grandpa and paralyzed grandma. Xin Baodong's mother could no longer endure this constant misfortune, and she died on July 22.

Xin Baodong's 85-year-old father was completely dependent on others for his basic needs. He could not walk and needed assistance for eating or going to the bathroom. Their two high school-aged children needed attention as well. The only thing that Xin Baodong and his wife could do was to sneak back home and spend some time with their children and Mr. Xin's father. They no longer could open their shop; instead, they were babysitting three-or-four-year-olds to make a living.

On the morning of July 21, 2005, the Sanhe City police, together with Ma Zhixing from the Juyang Town Police Precinct, broke into Xin Baodong's home and forcibly took Mr. Xin and his wife away. Mr. Xin sent righteous thoughts and escaped from his captors. Their two children were not at home, but his wife Gao Shuying was captured and incarcerated in a detention center. Xin Baodong's eighty-year-old father and two children were once again placed in dire straits.

On the morning of July 25, Xin Baodong's son took his grandpa on a three-wheeler and went to the police station to ask for his innocent mother's release. The police refused to release Gao Shuying and detained Xin Baodong's son for 15 days. The police hired someone to take Mr. Xin's father back home and recorded the event in detail. They wanted to prove that a Dafa practitioner's relative had been sent back home. If he died at home, they felt it would not be their responsibility.

The police broke into the locked house, left Xin Baodong's father inside one of the rooms, and had two people from Nanguan Village temporarily take care of him. Baodong' father was frightened, could not stay calm and could not eat or drink anything. The two caretakers were afraid he would die. They called the police many times and reported the situation.

On the third day, Xin Baodong's father's condition was worsening and the caretakers called and told the police, "If you don't come up with a plan to save him, we are going home. If he dies under our care, how can we tell Xin Baodong?" The police finally showed up and verified the situation. They reluctantly released Gao Shuying, who had been on hunger strike again for eight days and was also in critical condition. On August 7, Xin Baodong' father died from fright and worry over his son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren.

People and agencies involved in the persecution of the Xin Baodong family:

Sanhe City Police Department Reception Desk: 86-316-3212361

The Office of Political Secretary (Kang Jingyu): 86-316-3212261
Sanhe City 610 Office Head Zhang Qingcai: 86-316-3113955 (Home)

Sanhe City 610 Office Deputy Head Wang Haibin: 86-316-3210182 (Home)

Sanhe City Political Protection Division Head, Shi Shunli: 86-316-3113166 (Home)

Sanhe City Political Protection Deputy Division Head, Yang Anle: 86-316-3119626 (Home)

Sanhe City Juyang Town Police Station Reception Desk: 86-316-3119157
Sanhe City Juyang Town Police Station chief, Zhao Jun: 86-316-3215916
Sanhe City Juyang Town Police Station Deputy Chief, Ma Zhixing: 86-316-3156856 (Home)