(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Li Qing, 77 years old, was a retired worker in the Yuanbaoshan area of Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia. He was in poor health before he started the practice of Falun Gong, suffering from severe gastric disease, with lumps in his stomach. He had taken medicine for a long time. After Mr. Li started practicing Falun Gong in 1996, his health improved dramatically and he completely recovered. After the persecution of Falun Gong started on July 20, 1999, Mr. Li lost his cultivation environment, however, and his health deteriorated. At the end of September 2000, his practitioner daughter's home was ransacked by the authorities. This elderly man suffered both physically and mentally, and died on January 6, 2001.

Zhang Quanrong, 72 years old, lived in Baiting Village in Jiangcun Township, Fugou County, Henan Province. He began practicing Falun Gong in 1997. After July 20, 1999, 610 Office personnel, along with police from his local police station and the local village government employees harassed him on many occasions to try to get him to stop his practice. He suffered tremendously both mentally and physically from the persecution and died in March 2001.

Mr. Wen Guoqing, 64 years old, lived in Qing'an County, Heilongjiang Province. His wife also practices Falun Gong. Government personnel harassed his family frequently and also extorted money from them and intimidated them. He suffered both in body and mind. He also saw his wife arrested on numerous occasions. Under the huge mental pressure of this persecution, Mr. Wen died in March 2001.

Ms. Ou Xiangyuan, 55 years old, lived at Farm Number 852 in Baoqing County, Heilongjiang Province. At the end of 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. When she was passing through Shanhaiguan City, Ms. Ou was illegally arrested and persecuted by police officers who snarled at her, saying, "Look, killing you is the same as killing a warehouse mouse!" Ms. Ou was detained and sent to the Harbin Provincial Hospital, where her personal freedom was limited under the guise of "treatment." She died on April 23, 2001.

Mr. Zhang Lianmao, 65 years old, lived in the Shuangyashan Mine in Heilongjiang Province. He began to practice Falun Gong in 1997 and enjoyed good health. After July 20, 1999, mine officials took Mr. Zhang from his home to an office, where they threatened to reduce his wages and cut off the income he needed to survive. Due to frequent harassment by these people, Zhang Lianmao died on October 12, 2000.

Ms. Wang Shulan, 66 years old, was a resident of Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province. Before July 20, 1999, when she studied Dafa and did the exercises every day, she was very healthy and full of energy. After the persecution of Falun Gong started, she did the exercises secretly and studied the Fa only at home. Ms. Wang became very anxious under these circumstances and died in June 2005.

Ms. Zhou Yueqiu was a resident of Siping City, Jilin Province. She suffered severe diabetes before practicing Falun Gong. After starting to practice, she regained her good health. This elderly woman had lived on her own, but after the persecution began on July 20, 1999, she could no longer do so and moved to her son's home. On December 6, 2004, the police suddenly came and pounded on her door. The tremendous fright from this intrusion caused an illness that eventually led to Ms. Zhou's death on April 19, 2005.