Practitioner Ms. Wang Li is from Suizhong, Liaoning Province. During the past six-plus years of the persecution of Falun Gong she has been illegally imprisoned for five and half years. She is still in the Liaoning Province Women's Prison. She is currently locked in a small cell in isolation.

Ms. Wang Li is 29 years old and is from Daijiadian, Dongzhuang Brigade, Xidianzi Town, Suizhong County, Huludao City, Liaoning Province. Before she was married Wang lived in Hetaoshu, Hejia Village, Qianzhen Town, Suizhong County. At the end of October 1999, Wang took her three-week-old daughter to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. The Director of the Suizhong County Political Security Division, Wang Fuchen, unlawfully forced her back home and locked her in the Suizhong Detention Center for five months.

The day after Wang was released from the detention center, she went to Beijing to tell the government appeals office that it was wrong to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. However, two officers at the Shanhaiguan Train Station caught her. The officers picked her up by her arms and legs and then slammed her to the ground a few times. Wang told the police, "I am not afraid of you slamming me to the ground like this. However, it is not good for you." The officers stopped hurting Wang and took her back to Suizhong. Wang was again illegally imprisoned in the Suizhong Detention Center.

While Wang was in the Suizhong Detention Center, a police officer searched her cell and confiscated her Falun Dafa articles. When Wang asked the police to return the articles, the officer slapped her face hard, 18 times.

In June 2000, the police sentenced Wang to one year in a forced labor camp and sent her to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. The Captain at Masanjia, officer Qiu Ping, beat and kicked Wang, injected her with drugs, and shocked her with electric batons. Qiu even sent Wang to the Zhangshi and Shenxin Forced Labor Camps for further cruel treatment. Wang insisted on continuing to practice Falun Gong and her sentence was extended by six months. Three months later, Wang went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal imprisonment. She was released in September 2001.

Nine months later, the Director of the Xidianzi Police Station (name unknown) went to Wang's home at noon on July 24, 2002, to try to make her sign a Guarantee Statement saying that she would not practice Falun Gong anymore. The director even tried to force Wang to berate and make fun of Mr. Li Hongzhi, the founder of Falun Gong. Wang refused to do any of those things, so the police arrested her, and confiscated her household property.

Just then, Wang's mother, who was over 70 years old, rushed in and said, "If you take her away, what is her child going to do?" When Wang's mother stood in front of the police car to try and stop it from leaving, an officer said, "If you dare stand in the way, I will run you over." Wang's mother had no choice but move aside and watch the police take her daughter away.

That was the second time Wang was sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. Wang was sentenced to three years. During the first seven months Wang was locked up in the first prison ward. Her family tried to visit her three times but their requests were turned down every time. Wang was brutally tortured while at the camp. Once she yelled "Falun Dafa is good" during the morning exercises and flag-raising ceremony. When the "Inspection Team" came, Wang rushed toward them and loudly said, "The Masanjia Camp punishes us physically and tortures us in a small isolated room." One time Captain Dong beat Wang. Hence, Wang wrote flyers describing this incident and yelled "Falun Dafa is good" while distributing them.

In January 2005, the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp illegally sentenced Ms. Wang to three years in prison and transferred her to the Liaoning Province Women's Prison.

When Wang left home her daughter was three years old. Now her daughter attends elementary school. When Wang's daughter visited Wang, Wang could only hold her and tell her, "You have to listen to your grandma and respect her. It is grandma who is painstakingly taking care of you." Wang's daughter missed her mother so much that she kept everything Wang had used in the house. Wang's room and clothing became very precious to her daughter. Wang's daughter believed that her mother would return soon.

During the past 6 years, Wang has only been able to live at home for nine months. Every time the family talks about Wang, they cry a lot. Wang's mother-in-law repeatedly said, "My daughter is very capable and devoted to her parents. Now see how much she is suffering in there!" Wang's mother-in-law not only misses Wang, but also has to take care of her young granddaughter as well as support a broken home that used to be happy and blessed.

Wang is still illegally imprisoned. She has been put in a small isolation room and is not allowed to see her family.