(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Sun Fenghua and her husband Xu Weidong are Falun Dafa practitioners from Sichuan Province. Like countless families in China who practice Falun Dafa, they have suffered persecution in recent years.

In April 2002, Ms. Su was arrested for the second time and detained at the Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp. She was not allowed to sleep for 55 consecutive days. Her husband Xu Weidong was sentenced to ten years in prison, and is detained in Guangyuan Prison. At the age of 15, their son was detained and is now homeless.

Mr. Xu began the practice of Falun Dafa in 1998. In 2000, he went to appeal in Beijing, and was escorted back to his hometown in Heilongjiang province and detained for 15 days. After going back to Sichuan province, his boss tried to force him to write a guarantee letter to renounce Falun Dafa. Mr. Xu, however, refused to do so and as a result, he was not allowed to continue working. Mr. Xu and his wife had to rely on selling vegetables for a living. The police officers harassed them constantly. One night, at around midnight, a group of police officers surrounded, broke into and illegally searched their home. To avoid further harassment, the family of three was forced to leave home. Their son at that time was only 14 years old and lost the opportunity to go to school.

1) 15-year-old Son Detained and Homeless

In April 2001, Ms. Sun was arrested while at the home of a fellow practitioner in Yongning Township, Wenjiang District, Sichuan Province. Two police officers used spiked clubs to brutally beat her legs and arms until there were dark blue bruises all over. The officers also hit her feet with the clubs until she lost consciousness. In the evening, Ms. Sun and another practitioner were sent to Wenjiang County and detained. After ten minutes of detention, the police officers interrogated her and asked if she recognized the people on a photo. Ms. Sun said no and was then transferred to the Tianfu Township. There, a police officer pulled her hair, knocked her down to the ground, and kicked and punched her. Then, she was sent to the detention center and detained for more than 40 days.

On April 30, 2002, at around 4 am, Ms. Sun and her son were arrested and brought to the Wenjia Police Station. At daybreak, Chengdu police officers interrogated them. One policewoman said, "Just say you will not practice Falun Gong anymore, and you'll be released. Otherwise, your son will also be punished."

In the evening, Ms. Sun was sent to a detention center in Chengdu City, while her son was sent to Panzhihua City, located 600 km south of Chengdu. At the detention center, Ms. Sun was injected with some kind of fluid everyday. As a result, her hands could not take any more injections.

At the age of 15, Ms. Sun's son was detained for 10 days before being released. Afterwards, he had to take care of himself. Although he suffered much, Ms. Sun's son was able to overcome the hardships.

2) Deprived of sleep for 55 days at the Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp

On June 10, 2002, after being illegally sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp, Ms. Sun was transferred to the Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp. Anyone who clarifies the truth of Falun Dafa there is tortured. Once, after a practitioner shouted, "Falun Dafa Is Good," two men stuffed her mouth with rags and handcuffed her with her arms encircling a big tree. Determined practitioners are forced to work and march under the baking sun, and are not allowed to talk to each other. If practitioners refuse to cooperate, the guards forced criminal detainees to drag them along the ground. One day, Ms. Sun was dragged to cell No. 9.

Many determined practitioners have been locked in solitary confinement in cell No. 9. After a few days in the cell, guards forced Ms. Sun to stand up all night. She was also monitored by three criminal detainees. For 24 hours a day, she was not allowed to sleep, and the standing caused her legs to swell up. When she asked to sit down, the guards told her, "If you want to sit down, you have to write the guarantee statements to give up Falun Dafa." After the guards left, Ms. Sun asked the criminal detainees who monitored her to let her sit down. However, they said, "They arranged this. If we allow you to sit down, we'll be reprimanded and our term will be extended."

After standing for several days and nights, Ms. Sun could not support herself anymore. She fell down and lost consciousness several times. During the day, she was forced to stand in the small room. In the evening, she was forced to stand in the courtyard for the whole night. Sometimes, the monitors would beat her. She became so weak that she could not even carry a small bowl of water. Ms. Sun was also not allowed to bath. As a result, her hair became all tangled up and she smelled very bad.

Each morning after breakfast, the criminal detainees carried a big bucket of water and forced everyone to drink a cup of water. Otherwise, they would be force-fed. Practitioner Ms. Jiang Xianfeng refused to drink and was force-fed until her face turned pale. One practitioner could not hold her bladder and urinated into her washing bowl. A criminal detainee saw the scene, and went up stairs and beat the practitioner until she lost consciousness.

In 2003, although it was Chinese New Year's Day, Ms. Sun was still forced to sit still for the whole night. Criminals took turns monitoring her. Some of them were kindhearted and allowed her to sleep for a while. At around 4 a.m. on the first day of Chinese New Year, Ms. Sun was finally allowed to go upstairs to sleep. Until that day, she had not slept for 55 days and her body was in great pain. Although she was allowed to sleep, she had to get up at 6 am.

3). Mr. Xu Weidong Suffers in Guangyuan Prison

During her detention, Ms. Sun did not know what happened to her son or husband. Only after she was released on January 5, 2005 did she learn about her husband's 10-year prison sentence.

In order to survive, Ms. Sun found a job and started working, even though she was still in pain. After receiving her first month's salary, Ms. Sun went to visit her husband at Guangyuan Prison. The prison guards claimed that her resident registration identification card was fake and did not allow her to see her husband. They only allowed her a phone call. At work, because she gave out cards to her coworkers that had "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance" written on them, she was fired.

With orders from the Sichuan Province Forced Labor Camp Bureau, practitioners imprisoned at Guangyuan Prison are suffering another round of persecution. On April 12, 2005, practitioner Ming Chengjun was beaten. Practitioner Lin Jun was beaten by prison guard Deng Peixin. On May 11, 2005, prison guards Tang Bin, Wang Yijian and others beat practitioners Ming Chengjun, Zhang Rui and others. They were also forced to do hard labor for a long period of time. On May 12, the guards forced practitioners to wear the prison uniform, and on May 13, to do hard labor. Mr. Xu Weidong refused to cooperate and as a result, guard Wang Bin handcuffed him and let him get drenched in the rain for two hours. Prison guards Chen Liang, Wang Bin, Zhou Guangyong, and He Tao stripped off Mr. Xu Weidong's clothes, handcuffed him to a steel door, and forced him to wear the prison uniform. Then they coerced criminal detainees Ma Shiying and Su Xiaoping to drag Mr. Xu to the sports field for roll call. Mr. Wei Yi, a 63-year-old practitioner from Xichang City, was forced to sift sand under the baking sun for a long period of time. Two to three criminal detainees monitor one practitioner 24 hours a day at the prison.

Written on September 6, 2005