(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Gao Guiqin was a 69-year-old professor employed at the Beijing Second Foreign Language Institute. She first learned Falun Dafa in 1995, went to Tiananmen Square to clarify the truth in 1999, and was detained. In July 2003, she was reported for passing out truth clarifying materials. She was arrested and sentenced to two years of forced labor. After four months in the labor camp, her blood pressure suddenly became very high, and she had to be released on medical parole. Outside the camp, she lived while hooked up to a monitoring system and was unable to practice normally, which caused her physical condition to deteriorate. She died on July 20, 2005, only few days after her term had ended.

Ms. Hou Peixin was a Falun Dafa practitioner in Yanji City, Jilin Province. In order to avoid being illegally arrested at home, she had to become destitute and homeless. This damaged her mental and physical health, and she died in 2005.

Ms. Wang Xiuying was 61 years old and lived in Zhuanghe City, Liaoning Province. She once had many illnesses. After she learned Falun Dafa in 1997, her illnesses were all gone. On October 26, 2002, her husband had the symptoms of a stroke and passed out. Several days later, her eldest daughter Lu Qiaoling (also a practitioner) was arrested from home and detained in Zhuanghe City Detention Center. These two incidents gave elderly Ms. Wang an elevated stress level. She suffered some sort of attack as a result and appeared sick. She died on September 23, 2003. Her eldest daughter Lu Qiaoling was arrested again on December 6, 2003, because she clarified the truth to people and is now detained in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang City.

Mr. Zhang Shaobin was in his 60s, an official employed by the Dandong City Procuratorate in Liaoning Province. His family of four all practiced Falun Dafa. Under the brutal persecution, his wife, son and daughter were arrested, and their home was ransacked. One striking incident occurred in May 2004, when he could not take care of himself. While his wife and daughter were still under illegal arrest, the police ransacked their house. Policemen constantly went to his home to check on what he was writing, took away his notebook, and verbally abused and slandered him. In August 2004 he died as a result of this unfair treatment, without having the chance to see his wife before he died.