(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Sun is about 70 years old and lives in Yantai city, Shandong province. In 1997, Sun and his wife started to cultivate Falun Dafa. They said, "We attained Dafa in order to learn 'Truthfulness, Benevolence and Forbearance.'"

On December 27, 2000, Mr. Sun and his wife went to Beijing to appeal and were arrested in Tiananmen Square. Sun and another couple of practitioners were put into a car and sent to an unknown police station. In order to protest the illegal arrest, they all refused to say their names. In order to force them to expose their identities, the policemen applied brutal and inhumane tortures to them. The most typical torture used was "ice freezing."

First, the policemen stripped off the practitioners' clothes, except for a shirt, and then forced them to stand or to sit on the snow. If the practitioners still did not give up after they were frozen for a while, the policemen stripped off the last shirt on their body, and then splashed cold water on them and continued to do so, drenching them and eventually encasing them in a sheet of ice.

Although Mr. Sun was nearly 70 years old, he was still subjected to this torture. In the freezing cold winter, the policemen forced him to stand in the snow with only a shirt on him from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. In the afternoon, the policemen stripped off his shirt and a couple of people took turns splashing cold water on him. After a short time, Mr. Sun was covered in ice from head to toe. He fainted. The policemen then dragged him inside the room to warm him up. After he woke up, they dragged him outside and splashed water on him again. On that day, Sun fainted 7 or 8 times, until it was midnight. When the policemen broke the ice off his body for the last time, a young policeman told him with regret, "We don't want to do this. It's an order from Jiang Zemin."

Later, the policemen finally found out Sun's identity. When he left Beijing, a policeman said, "If you die from being frozen, you die for nothing. Your body will be thrown away after you die. Nobody takes care of it. We have thrown away several bodies already."

After Mr. Sun was taken back to the local office, he continued to be persecuted. He was detained in the detention center and the Communist Party School [a school set up by the CCP to educate cadres on ideology] for three months. They released him after extorting from him over 10,000 yuan. From that time on, his salary certificate was illegally detained by the head of the Communist Party in his company. They withheld his salary for two years and have, to this date, still refused to give him back the money.