(Clearwisdom.net) On December 18, 1999, Ms. Qiu Jiaxiu, a Falun Dafa practitioner from the Qiujiazhuang village, Zhucheng, Shandong province, rode her bicycle along with another fellow practitioner to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong. In Beijing, they were arrested and taken to the Xinghua police station and interrogated.

It was a very cold day. Cao Jinhui, the assistant leader of the Politics and Security Department of the police bureau at Zhucheng, came. Cao slapped Qiu Jiaxiu's face repeatedly. Later on, he beat her with rubber clubs and forced her to sit on the ground with her arms straight up. He would beat her if she did not hold her arms up straight. Qiu Jiaxiu was forced to sit like that for a long time.

In the evening, Cao Jinhui and others came back after getting drunk, and they started to interrogate her again. One of the young men said, "We drank some alcohol, and tonight we will beat you until you tell us something." Cao Jinhui and that young man beat her body, hands, and arms with rubber clubs. They tore her hair out and flicked her forehead with their fingers. After that, they asked someone to take Qiu Jiaxiu back to the Qiujiazhuang production brigade office. Qiu Jiaxiu was detained there for one month. They confiscated the 1,300 yuan that she had with her and fined an additional 5,000 yuan.

On March 2, 2000, Qiu Jiaxiu went to Cangwan Park to do the Falun Gong exercises, and subsequently was taken to the detention center. She was detained there for four days. Zhu Wei called her into the office, where Cao Jinhui slapped her face hard twice. He asked whether she would go to appeal again while he was beating her. He said he would make her family destitute. Zhu Wei then went outside and found a wooden board about four centimeters wide and two centimeters thick, and used it to beat Qiu Jiaxiu's legs. He sarcastically told Qiu Jiaxiu that he would help her "get rid of her karma." The wooden board was cracked during the beating. Wang Yongjuan, a Falun Dafa practitioner who was washing the quilt covers in the detention center, heard the beating in the room and ran in to stop them. She was also beaten with the wooden board a few times. Cao Jinhui asked Wang Yongjuan to beat Qiu Jiaxiu, but Wang refused and asked him why she would beat up a good person. Cao Jinhui said viciously, "It does not matter if I beat you Falun Gong practitioners to death."

The staff members beat Qiu Jiaxiu so badly that she could not sit down. She had to kneel first and then slowly sit down. A few days later, in order to protest the persecution, Qiu Jiaxiu went on hunger strike for seven days. She was forced fed with a tube sticking into her nose and going all the way down into her stomach. It was extremely hard to endure. She was forced fed three times like this. On the fourth time, they pinched her nose and poured powdered milk into her mouth. They would not stop until they finished pouring in all the powdered milk while several people restrained Qiu Jiaxiu. It is hard to describe such suffering, as someone's life is being choked out of them. For each forced feeding, they would charge Qiu 50 yuan. During that time, the village director Gao Yunhai came and tried to force Qiu Jiaxiu to eat. He slapped her face several times and then sent her back to the village.

Because Qiu Jiaxiu insisted on not eating, on the 8th day of her hunger strike, the staff members had to ask her family members to take her home.

Qiu Jiaxiu's family members did not know that Qiu Jiaxiu was on a hunger strike in the detention center. When the police station asked her husband, who was not a practitioner, to go to the police station, he was scared because he was beaten up there earlier and fined 2,000 yuan by his factory. Under those circumstances, he did not know what would happen. Some time after that, he was fined another 1,000 yuan.

In May 2000, Qiu Jiaxiu went to Beijing to appeal for the second time. She was taken back to the brigade by Shi Dechang, the security director. One night after a few days had passed, Cao Jinhui, Shi Dechang and others approached her. Cao Jinhui slapped Qiu Jiaxiu's face and dragged her around by the hair. While beating Qiu, he said, "It will be fine if I beat Falun Gong practitioners to death. It will be within the law no matter what we do." The next day, Zhang Xijie, the head of the police for the 2nd police district on People's Road, came and beat Qiu Jiaxiu again. For the next two days, they beat her day and night. The final time, Shi Dechang ripped her hair out and cursed her. Cao Jinhui and another perpetrator stomped on her body and struck her with their hands. Cao found a broom and beat Qiu with it until it fell apart. Cao Jinhui and Shi Dechang twisted Qiu's wrists and injured them badly. Shi Dechang fined Qiu Jiaxiu 7,000 yuan. Later, her husband was coerced into writing a 6,000-yuan acknowledgement of debt.

On June 22, at around 9:30 pm, Zhang Xijie brought some people over to Qiu Jiaxiu's home and searched it without a warrant. They confiscated Falun Dafa material found on her body. Qiu Jiaxiu asked them why they did all of this without a warrant. Zhang Xijie said, "For people like you, there is no need to give notice." Then, they arrested her and took her to the police station and locked her there for the whole night. The next morning, Cao Jinhui and others came and interrogated her, looking for information about practitioners who produce Falun Dafa material. Qiu Jiaxiu didn't tell them anything. The police then beat her with rubber clubs until she lost consciousness. Four days later, they illegally searched her home again and confiscated her tape recorder and tapes.

On the morning of September 16, Qiu Jiaxiu was arrested and taken to the police station while she was making clothes at home.

In December 2002, Qiu Jiaxiu wrote a letter to her village party secretary Guo Shuhua. In the letter, she stated the benefits that she personally experienced after practicing Falun Gong and exposed the persecution of Falun Gong. Guo Shuhua then reported Qiu. Qiu Jiaxiu was arrested and not allowed to go home, even during the Spring Festival. Qiu Jiaxiu protested by initiating a hunger strike, and was sent home when her life seemed to be in peril.

On February 22, 2003, Cao Jinhui and others went to Qiu Jiaxiu's home again. They arrested her and sent her to the labor camp at Wang Village the next day without any legal proceedings. They sentenced her to two years of forced labor.