(Clearwisdom.net) Clearwisdom reported that Mr. Cheng Jingshan, a Falun Gong practitioner in Luancheng County, Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province, was persecuted to death on January 11, 2005. The following are further details on how he was tortured to death.

Mr. Cheng Jingshan, 64 years old and single, was a villager from Guyi Village in Liulintun Town, Luancheng County, Shijiazhuang City. Before he practiced Falun Gong, he suffered from atrophic gastritis and gastric hemorrhages for many years. He lived with severe pain. He also suffered from sciatica and arthritis. He looked for treatments, but they were not effective at all. As a result of the severe pain, he thought of leaving this world. In 1995 Mr. Cheng started practicing Falun Gong and trying to be consistent with the principle of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance." The diseases quickly disappeared. He understood the meaning of life through the cultivation of Falun Gong. People in the village all know that Cheng Jingshan was an honest and kind-hearted man.

Mr. Cheng did not want to give up Falun Gong, the cultivation practice that had given him a second life. He was tortured many times by the authorities after the persecution started. On July 23, 1999, county police officers arrested him and brutally beat him. They forced him to write a letter denouncing Falun Gong, and confiscated all his Falun Gong books and tapes. Mr. Cheng went to Beijing to appeal for justice on December 8, 1999. He was arrested and sent to the detention center, where he was locked up for over four months. After that, Mr. Cheng was never left in peace. He was locked up in a prison established by the Liutun County Government in a senior center. There was one room on the east side and another room on the west side, with iron gates, iron windows and iron bars. There were three gates between his room and the entrance.

Mr. Cheng Jingshan wrote down how he was persecuted: "Since I objected to the incessant detentions, I was brutally beaten at least three times in 10 days beginning in early August 2000. Zhao Huagui, the principal of the senior center, beat me first. He filled a plastic tube with sand and hit my head several times with it. Mr. Li from the County Land Administration injured my left knee. My leg swelled, and it was difficult for me to walk. He also used a thick bamboo broom with two sharp sticks sticking out to jab me under my arms.

"The second beating was administered by Zhang Xiangdong and Chen Lili. They brutally beat me and used the soles of their shoes to hit my head. The third beating was by Li, who jabbed my back with the sharp sticks on a broom. I did not have any shirt on, and my back was full of gashes. The assistant Party Secretary forced me to run 100 laps around the senior center. On September 27, Li illegally interrogated me himself and broke my leg for the second time. I was sent home at the end of May 2001. On July 10, 2001, the police from the county police station illegally searched my home and took me to the county detention center. On September 18, I was sent to the Shijiazhuang Labor Education Center for three years of labor re-education."

On April 8, 2004, Mr. Cheng was again locked up in the county detention center for telling people the truth about Falun Gong. He was brutally beaten by the criminals there. On May 9, when he was in critical condition, Mr. Cheng's family was notified to take him home. But even still, the 610 Office and the County Public Security Bureau did not leave him alone. Right before he passed away, they still continued to send people to harass Mr. Cheng. Under extreme physical and spiritual pressures, Mr. Cheng Jingshan died on January 11, 2005.