(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. He Yuanhui from Liaoyuan City, Jilin Province, was illegally sentenced to 10 years in prison in October 2002. He was tormented so harshly while detained in the Second Prison of Jilin Province that he became critically ill and looked like a skeleton. After Mr. He was sent home from the prison hospital, he was mentally disoriented and he would often forget to dress or eat, and he eventually died on June 25, 2005.

Mr. He Yuanhui, 41 years old, was formerly an alcoholic and without a regular occupation prior to becoming a Falun Gong practitioner in 1997. After he began practicing Falun Gong, he underwent a huge mind and body transformation and began holding himself to a higher moral standard. Mr. He went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong several times after the Chinese Communist Government started to suppress and persecute Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. Once, with strong righteous thoughts, he escaped persecution by jumping off a fast moving train. He was persistent in practicing Falun Gong and was diligent in clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa and in saving sentient beings.

On May 20, 2002, He Yuanhui was arrested by officers from the Xiangyang 610 Office. He was tortured brutally and lost a tooth when Luan Yuqin, the officer from the local National Security Office, kicked him with the heel of his shoe. In October of the same year, Mr. He was illegally sentenced to 10 years in prison and was transferred to the Second Prison in Jilin. The prison guards encouraged other prisoners to use extreme measures to get him to denounce his belief in Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance. To this end, they beat He Yuanhui severely, breaking many of his ribs and causing him to be confined to bed. Just like many others who were illegally imprisoned, Mr. He was not able to obtain proper medical treatment when he contracted tuberculosis. His condition worsened, and he lost a lot of weight before he was transferred from the prison hospital to the Jilin Railroad Hospital for a month. The authorities didn't release him until his condition turned critical. However, while in prison he was still forced to write the "Guarantee Statements."

Mr. He was sent home on December 17, 2004, but his condition kept getting worse. He seemed to have lost his sense of self, and wouldn't eat or dress himself. He coughed all day long, lost weight, and could no longer practice Falun Gong. He died on June 25, 2005.