(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zhang Xiaobo, age 35, lived at #54 Northeast Street, Yi'an County, Heilongjiang Province. Ms. Zhang Xiaobo is being tortured while illegally held in the First Section, Second Group of the Harbin City Women's Prison in Heilongjiang Province. On March 9, 2004, prison guards tortured her until she went into shock. When she regained consciousness, the criminal inmates bound her hands to the bottom of the bed with rope. On December 21, 2004, the guards ordered more than ten prisoners to handcuff Ms. Zhang Xiaobo, hang her up, and then torture her until she went into shock. Afterwards they stuffed her mouth full of heart attack medication.

Ms. Zhang Xiaobo described the savage torture she endured after being arrested in 2002:

On the evening of December 17, 2002, I was arrested by policemen from the Yi-an County Political Defence Branch. Two policemen from the Tiefeng District came and tried to extort a confession from me. On the 18th, they sent me to the First Team of the Tiefeng District Police Station. They conducted the following tortures on me:

  1. "Tearing limb from limb by five horses": They forced me down on a tiger bench, with my hands behind the chair through two holes. There were eight to nine policemen in the front, pulling my limbs in different directions. It felt like my heart and lungs were being torn apart.
  2. The "Great Hanging": They handcuffed both of my hands behind my back. They then hung me up with a belt hooked onto the handcuffs, with my toes barely touching the floor.
  3. Electro-shock: In the afternoons, they handcuffed both my hands and sat me in a chair. Both thumbs were wrapped with copper wires, and they then shocked me with electricity. As a result of the shock, I jerked up in the chair. They also slapped my face. I don't how many times they slapped me, but I could hardly see straight during the shock sessions.

On the evening of the 19th, the police sent me to the First Lockup Office in Qiqihar City. They continued to torture and punish me, attempting to extract a confession out of me. Two days later, the Anshun Road Police Station in Longsha District, Qiqihar City interrogated me. They handcuffed me to the tiger bench. One policeman force-fed me liquor [note: The practice of Falun Gong requires practitioners to refrain from drinking alcohol]. You could hear screams of pain coming from practitioners in the opposite room being tortured by the "Great Hanging."

On the 20th, officers from the Longsha Police Station Squadron #4 came to interrogate me. They tortured me with the "Great Hanging" again. My hands were separately handcuffed and I was hung from two iron rings in the wall. They tied my feet with rope, and three policemen hung me up. I was hung up for an entire day.

Even six months later, I still cannot pick anything up with either of my hands. To just wash my hair and my clothes, I have to have help from fellow practitioners. Among the people who tortured me, there was one called "Bureau Chief Yan," as well as people from the Political Defense branch of the Tiefeng Police Station. There are others whose names I cannot recall, but I can still recognize them when I see their faces.

The phone numbers of the offices responsible:

Qiqihar Municipal Public Security Bureau Assistant Commissioner, Zhang Weiping: 86-452-2468283 (Office) 86-452-2427766 (Home) 86-13514680002 (Cell phone)

#2 lockup Manager Lin: 86-452-2710041
#1 lockup office: 86-452-2632347

The Zhengyang Police Station in Longsha District: 86-452-2425078

The surname of the manager is Zhang, the political instructor is Sun, and the person who handles the cases is Zhao Shimin (this person is extremely evil).

May 19, 2005