Details Surrounding the Disappearance of Five Dafa Practitioners
1. Falun Gong Practitioner Zhou Fengchun from Xingcheng City, Liaoning Province, missing since July 1999
Ms. Fengchun Zhou, 39 years old, was from the Baitie Residential Quarter in Yangan Township of Xingcheng City, Liaoning Province. She went to Beijing to appeal against the persecution of Falun Gong on July 24, 1999. Since then, we have not obtained any information about her condition or whereabouts.
2. Falun Gong Practitioner Li Yumei from Ganan County, Jilin Province, missing since February 2001
Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Li Yumei, 51 years old, lived in the Minzi Residential Quarter, Ganan County, Jilin Province. She has not returned home since she went to Tiananmen Square in Beijing to appeal against the persecution of Falun Gong on February 24, 2001.
3. Falun Gong Practitioner Shi Xiaolan from Huangshi City, Hubei Province, missing since 2004
Ms. Shi Xiaolan, over 30 years old, was from the Shijia Residential Quarter, Futujie Town, Huangshi City, Hubei Province. She went missing between March and April of 2004, leaving behind a six-year-old child.
4. Wuhan Falun Gong Practitioner Yu Yimin, missing since 2003
Ms. Yu Yimin, over 40 years old, suffered long-term persecution. She was successively imprisoned at the Wan Songyuan local Police Station in Jianghan District, the brainwashing center in Jianghan District, No. 7 Department of Wuhan City Women's Detention Center and Hewan Labor Camp. She experienced severe suffering, both physically and mentally, causing her to have a mental breakdown. In June 2003, Yu was released. She went missing several days later, and we have not heard from her since.
5. Chengdu Falun Gong Practitioner Yao Wu, missing for nearly six years
Ms. Yao Wu, who is over 40 years old, was living in the Fuqin Residential Quarter of Western Fuqin Road, Chengdu City. She went to Beijing to appeal against the persecution of Falun Gong on September 3, 1999. She became separated from other Falun Gong practitioners while in Beijing and no one has received any information about her since.