(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Mrs. Guo Lifang, 54 years old, lived at 27 Shizuinao Alley, Yaowan Street, Xiangtan City, Hunan Province. On the afternoon of March 31, 2005, Mrs. Guo was arrested at her home by three policemen. On April 17, the family members of Mrs. Guo were informed that Mrs. Guo had died mysteriously. According to the results of an autopsy, there were marks around her neck. Further investigation is needed for more detailed information.

Those who were responsible for the death of Mrs. Guo voluntarily offered compensation in order to resolve this crime secretly. However, Mrs. Guo's family members refused them sternly. The local authorities then imposed a tight information blockade, with police forbidding people from visiting or inspecting the body. All visitors to the Detention Center were strictly monitored.

Mrs. Guo's whole family started practicing Falun Gong in 1997, and they all benefited tremendously from the practice, both physically and mentally. After the persecution of Falun Gong began, they appealed for Falun Dafa and clarified the truth of Dafa peacefully and legally in Beijing.

At 3:00 p.m. on March 31, 2005, three people broke into Mrs. Guo's home. She recognized that one of them was a policeman. They found a copy of the book, Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party on the table, and as a result, they questioned Mrs. Guo closely about its source. Mrs. Guo said, "At present, people distribute all kinds of advertisement, flyers, and truth-clarifying materials about Falun Gong everywhere. The door of my home isn't blocked during the daytime. I don't know who put them at my door. Is it illegal to read the materials that are put in front of my door?" However, the police immediately detained Mrs. Guo at the local Detention Center and tortured her there to extort a confession from her. She suffered from horrendous torture, and from then on, her family members never heard from her.

At 10:00 a.m. on April 17, several strangers broke into Mrs. Guo's home suddenly, saying that Mrs. Guo had died, and that her body was being kept in a cooler at the funeral home. The news was like a clap of thunder out of the blue sky. In only two weeks, Mrs. Guo, a very healthy person, was detained for no reason and tortured to death!

It was also reported that on October 14, 2004, Mr. Cheng Zhiming, a 55 year old Falun Gong practitioner who lived at 733 Yaowan Street, Xiangtan City, was injured in a mysterious way by agents of the local 610 Office and the National Security Bureau. His family members sent him to the Emergency Room of Xiangtan Central Hospital. When his situation stabilized, on October 24, the local 610 Office sent an agent to monitor him. On October 25, Mr. Cheng passed away suddenly.

In addition, Mr. Li Wenming, a 70-year-old Falun Gong practitioner from Xiangtan City, Hunan Province, was harassed repeatedly by the authorities. On February 9, 2002, Li Sheng, a wicked policeman, along with other people, broke into Mr. Li Wenming's home. They claimed that Mr. Li needed treatment, and then they forcefully took him to a local hospital. Mr. Li passed away at 5:00 p.m. that afternoon.