(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioner Liu Guixiang from Weifang City, Shandong Province, suffered long-term harassment and threats. As a result, her heart disease recurred and she passed away on October 18, 2004. Over 30 Falun Gong practitioners in Weifang City have been tortured to death.

Ms. Liu Guixiang was 59 years old. She obtained the Fa in 1996. After practicing Falun Gong, all of her pervious ailments such as heart disease, high blood pressure and kidney disease were cured. Around October 1, 2001, town officials arrested her for appealing in Beijing. She was ruthlessly beaten up and forced to pay a fine. Due to the long-term harassment and threats, her heart disease recurred and she passed away on October 18, 2004.

On March 15, 2001, Song Jiwu, the head of the 610 Office in Weifang City, together with people in the Weifang Labor Camp, held brainwashing classes using police and collaborators. Over one hundred practitioners, including Ms. Liu Guixiang, were brutally tortured there. The assistant head of the labor camp Zou Jintian directly participated in the persecution of practitioners. The instructor of the 2nd Brigade, Ding Guihua, directed the plan, and his assistant Xu Shimin carried out his orders. Policemen Zhu Weile, Liu Jianguang, Song, and Liu participated in the persecution. Practitioners were forced to pay various expenses, including daily living, board and brainwashing. The total ranged from several thousand to tens of thousands of yuan.

The persecution methods include the following:

Once in the labor camp, practitioners are kept under strict surveillance 24 hours a day by "accompanying personnel," and their freedom is limited. Meanwhile, police attempt to brainwash them with slanderous materials and threats such as, "You will be given a long labor camp sentence if you are not "transformed"." Then the collaborators repeatedly try to brainwash them into renouncing their belief with deceptive lies.

If practitioners fail to write the guarantee statement, they are deprived of sleep, in some cases for five or six days. The police and collaborators take turns trying to brainwash them with various means until the practitioners are mentally confused. The practitioners are then forced to watch videos slandering Dafa.

For the very determined practitioners, besides physical torture, the police encourage the practitioners' family and relatives to write to them and put pressure on them. Practitioners who protest the brutal torture by going on hunger strikes are usually force-fed.