Ms. Li Chunhong, a Dafa practitioner in Anqiu, Weifang City, Shandong Province, had enjoyed great health after she started practicing Falun Dafa, as all of her difficult illnesses disappeared. During the Jiang group's persecution, her home was ransacked numerous times and she was fined. Her son was sentenced to prison and her daughter-in-law was sent to a forced labor camp. One time the police blockaded her door for two days to prevent her family from leaving and going to work. No one was allowed to visit the home during those two days. Li Chunhong passed away on December 12, 2001.

Li Chunhong, 71, lived with her son in Weifang City. She began practicing Falun Dafa in 1995, and her rheumatoid arthritis, migraines, high blood pressure, and other illnesses she had suffered from for a long time all disappeared. Her skin became less wrinkled, and the colored spots on her body disappeared. Her skin was smooth and radiant. People who knew her said she had changed into a completely different person. Her son and daughter-in-law are both practitioners and they lived happily together.

After Jiang's political villains launched the persecution, Li Chunhong and her family were forced to undergo an ordeal. At around 3:00 a.m. on July 20, a group of officers broke into her home and dragged out her son and daughter-in-law, who were on their way to a Falun Dafa practice site. They did not present any warrant. They monitored her home for two days so no one could leave or enter.

During this period, the police officers ransacked the home and disrupted Li Chunhong's and her family's life.

Li Chunhong was anxious because she did not know where her son and daughter-in-law were being held. Later, she learned that her son was illegally detained. Her daughter-in-law was released after about two weeks. Her son was held at a detention center for several months, after which he was sentenced to four years in prison. Her daughter-in-law was placed under house arrest, and she was abducted and detained several times during a one-month period. Her home was ransacked and she was extorted of over 3,000 yuan. In October 2000 she was sent to the Jinan Women's Forced Labor Camp to be held for three years.

Li Chunhong had no income. She cried and prayed for her son and daughter-in-law to return to her. She later learned that her daughter-in-law's sister was tortured to death at a detention center. She was devastated. In October 2001 she suffered a cerebral hemorrhage and lost consciousness.

She lay in bed for over two months. During this period, her family went to the Street Party Committee, the police department, and the local police station and pleaded with them to let her son and daughter-in-law see Li Chunhong for the last time. Devoid of humanity, the Party officials denied their request. Li Chunhong passed away on December 12, 2001.

Her son learned about her death one year later when he was released from prison.