(Clearwisdom.net) On New Year's Day in 2001, seven people from our family went to Tiananmen Square, unfurled a banner and shouted loudly, "Falun Dafa is good!" Several dozen policemen surrounded us and hit us with their fists and feet. Even my five-year-old daughter was pushed to the ground. We were put into police vehicles separately. Now, we can never reunite together again because my only younger brother has been persecuted to death.

I was arrested and held in a detention center in Beijing, but I do not know where all my family members were held. There were more than 40 Dafa disciples held in the same room with me. We shouted together, "Falun Dafa is good!" We hung a banner, and using a human ladder we wrote 73 poems of Hong Yin on the wall. These kinds of incredible actions greatly frightened the evil and made them act crazily. The Dafa disciples in other rooms had already been separated, but the Dafa disciples in our room stood hand in hand, arm in arm, to form a whole body. We loudly called for justice for Falun Dafa together and used our bodies to block the iron cell doors. The prison authorities sent 200 policemen to our cell who sprayed chemical fire extinguishers into the room. Under Master's protection, the powder was sprayed back at the policemen, choking them. The policemen then brought clubs and maliciously hit the Dafa disciples in the first row. The Dafa disciples in the first row were beaten to the ground and lifted out. Then they attacked the second row, the third row, and the fourth until everyone was beaten. The policemen were frightened by the Dafa disciples' righteous thoughts and actions, completely unafraid of death while protecting Dafa.

Later, I was taken to the Changping Detention Center. Because I did not reveal my name and address, I was numbered "140". Every day, the police demanded that I tell them my name. They left me outside the room at midnight and poured cold water down my neck to freeze me. At that time the temperature in Beijing was minus 16 degrees Celsius. I went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. They force-fed me by inserting a tube through my nose and into the stomach, causing my nose to bleed. I was released after 14 days of being on a hunger strike.

Master said,

"...what you do then, with a pure heart, will be the best and most sacred." ("Further Understanding," Essentials for Further Advancement)

Because I did not study the Fa well and I was not rational enough, I was abducted again at the end of 2001. Police from the 610 Office hit me viciously and fiercely chopped at my neck. They beat me for a very long time, trying to force me to disclose the location of a "truth-clarifying" materials production site. I refused to answer their questions. I was then illegally put into a detention center and sent to a forced labor camp.

The Suihua Forced Labor Camp is the brainwashing center for Falun Gong practitioners in Heilongjiang Province. In the forced labor camp, I resisted the persecution and was put into solitary confinement. The police tied me to a tiger bench and hit me. After several days I was released from solitary confinement. Some of the guards there played disco music at the maximum volume day and night attempting to cover the sounds of practitioners crying out in pain due to the violence against them. A few days into the brainwashing session, the labor camp forced Dafa disciples to watch videos slandering Dafa. Because I resisted this, I was badly beaten. My arms were struck until they were swollen. They also extended my detention time. After a while, the guards tried again to make me watch the slanderous video. I still resisted. The political instructor, Gao Zhonghai, and the team instructor, Fan Xiaodong, hit me so hard it caused my jawbone to lock closed and my neck to become immobile. During that time I could only eat thin soup which could barely sustain my life.

At the end of 2002, the forced labor camp started a new round of persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. They used electric batons to beat practitioners savagely. Every day we could hear the shrill cries of practitioners being beaten. Some Dafa practitioners were hung up by their arms to be tortured. Some practitioners were shocked by the high voltage electric batons.

After a few days, policeman Li Jian called on me. He showed me an electric baton that he intended to use on me. They wanted me to feel terror. Twenty minutes later, Team Instructor Fan Xiaodong shouted, "Passing through the hall." Then the cell doors opened up and I was taken to a special location called the "bath pool." That room is sound-proof so nobody can hear what is happening inside. Policeman Yang Bo (he used to be political instructor, but he has since been promoted to the Provincial Public Security Office), asked me to think for another 5 minutes. Their purpose was to force me to give up practicing Dafa. They used terror along with the torture to try to achieve their goal. Then Ni Jun (the head of the brigade ), Gao Zhonghai (political instructor), Fan Xiaodong, Li Jian, Zeng Lingjun, Yang Chunfeng and Jia Yupeng beat me to the ground with four or five electric batons of 300,000 volts each. Four people stood in front of me and they took off my socks. They used electric batons to shock my palms, feet, and all over my body. The electricity scorched my feet. The attacks continued for two hours. Once they finished, Zeng Lingjun asked me to sit up. I felt faint. Then they hit my arms again and again until they were swollen and bruised dark purple. My body was so swollen that I could not even take off my clothes.

The police brought me back to the prison. The next day, they sent me upstairs and asked the collaborators to brainwash me. Under Master's guidance, I remembered the Fa,

"Those who do the so-called 'reform' work, too, are people who have been deceived. Why not turn the tables and expose the evil and clarify the truth to them? I suggest that all students who they are trying to forcefully reform (this excludes those who haven't been taken away for reform) expose the evil and clarify the truth to those people who are doing the reform work, and tell them about the cause and effect relationship of 'good and evil always have consequences.'" ("A Suggestion," Essentials for Further Advancement II)

I clarified the truth to the four collaborators and achieved the effect of touching their hearts. Three of them resumed practicing Falun Dafa. The prison authorities then isolated me from others and watched me closely. Because of the persecution I had suffered and the marks on my body, many people had clearly recognized the true face of the evil. After more than a month, Gao Zhonghai, Chen Xinlong (team instructor), Diao Xuesong, Li Jian, and several others hit my face until it was distorted and my mouth bled. The back of my head had a big bump and my jawbone was locked closed. When they started to hit me, I could not endure the pain. Suddenly, I remembered what Master said,

"When the evil was beating them they forgot that they were Dafa disciples, and they didn't think, 'I'll ask Master to help me.'" (Touring North America to Teach the Fa)

I immediately shouted, "Master, please rescue me!" Then no matter how they hit me, I did not feel any pain. I realized Master's great mercy and tears flowed down my face.

Soon after that, the guard ordered us to do Taichi. I did not cooperate with them. The policeman dragged me from the team and kicked me continuously down to the third floor. Gao Zhonghai, Chen Xinlong and Diao Xuesong threatened to "kill me." They said, "To kill you just means filling out one more 'death certificate.'" They started to hit me, while joking, "The long-range punch, the short punch, the hook fist." They kicked my chest and my abdomen. Gao Zhonghai also picked up an office chair and hit my chin with the wooden edges and corners. My lip started to bleed. He beat my legs mercilessly with the chair, causing large dark bruises. I fainted and fell to the ground. I kept one thought in my mind, "Master, please reinforce me." Then, I woke up again. The policemen were still kicking me and at the same time saying, "Do not pretend you are dead." With Master's protection, I survived the beating once again. After that, the evil gave up their attempts to brainwash me, and they released me from the camp.

This time when I was released from the forced labor camp, I enlightened to the fact that believing in Master and believing in the Fa is the only righteous state of mind. No matter whether it is personal cultivation practice, or Fa-rectification cultivation--no matter what kind of persecution is being imposed upon us, only when we have sufficient righteous thoughts can Master save us. Master also said,

"Don't always prolong the process of improving your understanding due to your human thoughts." ("New Year's Greetings," Feb. 2005)

After I was released, I studied all of Master's lectures again. Master repeatedly emphasized the importance of studying the Fa. He said,

"Validate the Fa with reason, clarify the truth with wisdom, spread the Fa and offer people salvation with benevolence." ("Rationality," Essentials for Further Advancement II)

Only when we study the Fa well can we be rational, only when we study the Fa well can we have wisdom, only when we study the Fa well can we have mercy, and only when we study the Fa well will our righteous thoughts be strong. When we study the Fa well, we can do "the three things well", and our truth clarification to the world's people will be powerful. Studying the Fa well ensures we will do everything well!