(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Hu Zhengxi was in her 60's, an employee of the Niubitan Grain Store in Dingcheng District, Changde City, Hunan Province. At the beginning of May 2005, she was tortured to death for practicing Falun Dafa while confined in the Baimalong Women's Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City, Hunan Province.

Ms. Hu had been detained more than once after she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa at the end of 1999. She had been confined in the Changde City First and Second Detention Centers from the end of 1999 until April 2002. She was released for only a very short period of time and then was sentenced by the Dingcheng District 610 Office to two years of forced labor in April 2002. Hu Zhengxi suffered all sorts of cruel tortures in the Baimalong Labor Camp, and in the end she accepted the forced brainwashing after the guards and collaborators deceived her. After her release in June 2003, Ms. Hu suddenly awakened to the truth with the help of fellow practitioners. She regretted her actions in detention and was determined to make up for the loss to Falun Dafa. From then on Ms. Hu was very active in clarifying the truth. She handed out flyers and tried to tell everyone the truth of Falun Dafa.

After the 2004 Chinese New Year, Hu Zhengxi was arrested when she was distributing flyers and was sent to the Baimalong Women's Labor Camp for a second time. This time, she resisted all unreasonable requests and went on a hunger strike for more than 80 days in protest of the illegal detention and abuse. Her body was emaciated, and she was very weak. The labor camp authorities were afraid she would die and they would be held responsible, so they had Ms. Hu's family take her home. Several days later, her youngest son, Huang Jianjun, lost his nerve under pressure by the authorities and allowed the 610 Office to send his mother to a mental hospital for further persecution. Soon thereafter, the 610 Office sent her back to the Baimalong Labor Camp.

On May 7, 2005, the labor camp officials sent a death notice to Ms. Hu's family. They said Ms. Hu died of a hunger strike of more than twenty days. The real cause of death is uncertain and can't be determined because the labor camp had already cremated the body in Zhuzhou. The funeral was held on May 9, 2005, in Ms. Hu's hometown of Niubitan. The local people are well aware of her tragic death at the hands of the persecutors.